How much is Britney's discography worth? Does she own the masters?

1 minute ago, warioaddams said:

There hasn't been released information about that I'm curious too. But I could see her catalogue being expensive. She has so many hits and her albums sold very well plus her streaming is consistent. More than Jt's for sure.

I think probably Sony/RCA will be swimming in money with Britney's masters. Or who knows.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I think RCA owns her masters, and i think they're worth MUCHHHH more than 100 mil. Probably between 500 and 700 mil.

Her discography includes TWO diamond albums, multiple platinum albums, and diamond and platinum singles. Like that **** is huge in terms of music business. Hell, her discography may even go for 1b at this point. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Based on what other artists got for their catalogue the past few years, I'd say it would be worth at least 250 million. There is a bunch of timeless hits that still get a great deal of radio play and streaming numbers, that don't seem to decline even with her inactivity. 

It's pretty unlikely she owns them on her first record deal, given that she was a very young and unknown artist when she first started out.

For second and future record deal(s) it should have been part of the deal that she would own the masters, given her status as an artist.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.