UK Publication: “Taylor Uninteresting, repetitive, basic, brain-numbingly banal”

5 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

Yes Britney singing oops I did it again and getting naked on stage at the direction of her stage director a young misogynistic  wade Robson .. then saying I just wanted to be so sparkly … is much more of an artist. 

I HATE arguing with people who have no idea what they are talking about, but if you wanna go there with the social norms, here it goes: Taylor Swift would have been NO ONE if she wernt white, tall, blue eyed, and pretty. Britney Spears is also beautiful, but thats one of million reasons why people adore her. She has the most unique singing voice, She KNOWS dancing and rhythm, she FEELS the music, she IS THE MUSIC and she has the sensitivity that only rare artists posses. She has STAR POWER, charisma, fluidity in creation and artiststry. Taylor lacks superstardom. Taylor is an amazing BUSINESS WOMAN and a great WRITER and a very below average singer. I would never call her an Artist. 

BRITNEY OR WHO EVER CAN EASILY STAND AND SING A TAYLOR SONG, BUT TAYLOR WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THE OOPS MUSIC VIDEO OR SONG WITHOUT SOUNDING AND LOOKING LIKE A CLOWN.

That requires artistry.

You wont be quoted back so Ta ta and you are welcome for free education. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Edited by Markoct
Typos
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kevin. said:

literally don't care what mainstream media says. they are completely irrelevant. the sales show there's a huge market for this. she was #1 on billboard for a whole month with zero promo besides the collectors editions. 

the cheesy lyrics are also intentional like the Charlie puth line, same with the grand theft auto line. the tortured poets department is very meta in relation to her fame. it's basically reputation meets folklore in terms of the message of the album. 

Taylor is making music FOR HER FANS. The fact that the media now has a problem with it tells me that there are bigwigs that are butthurt that Taylor has made BANK and doesn't have to cut a check. I also find it funny that there are narratives online that Taylor needs to get away from her Dad. Her Dad has truly kept her from being disadvantaged in this industry. Taylor has some feathers truly ruffled. 

• Love 1

I kind of agree...

I've  liked most of her music post Red and  loved the direction she started going with a little moodier indie pop on Midnights  so I was hopeful for Tortured  Poets.. even though I was a little skeptical that it was too much to soon. The timing seemed off. I am just a casual listener, not a swiftie by any means.

I tried listening to the new album again and it really does feel like a "fans only" type of album. It needs editing and only a few tracks standout once you've consumed the whole thing. And it really does feel like "consuming" -- I felt like I gorged myself and had to puke. Too much Taylor Swift. It seems like she just can't help her self and there's no one in the room that isn't afraid to criticize the work. You have to really obsessed with her to care about the minutae on this album. 

However, I think she is just too big to fail at this point. Who/what is going to stop her now? It's about much more than the music...her fans have spent ALL of their money and time on this person for the past decade and they too literally invested now. They're not going anywhere and they probably want more.

I just do wonder if she's heading for overexposure again ala Reputation era? It seems like it's happening but I think that she's too insulated by her fan base now. Kind of like Trump lol.

I'm just gonna remove the new album from my library because this one isn't for me.

8 hours ago, KrisJ said:

The backlash CONTINUES to ramp up against woman-hating, mediocre Taylor Swift as more and more journalists and music reviewers get brave enough to call her out - do you AGREE with this assessment of her tour and music? :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Some highlights:

By comparison Swift’s music sounds to me like what I would listen to if I had the intellect of a very small worm. Not only is it uninteresting, repetitive and entirely basic, her lyrics are brain-numbingly banal. Take the following: “You smoked, then ate seven bars of chocolate/We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist/I scratch your head, you fall asleep/Like a tattooed golden retriever.” Or “My muses, acquired like bruises”, or “even statues crumble, if they’re made to wait”.

More a brand than an artist, she never says anything unexpected or controversial, she’s more a capitalist construct with a business and marketing operation behind her akin to a like-generating, algorithm-outwitting juggernaut.

I physically flinch when adults tell me they love Swift. 

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

Does anyone else find the thud of Taylor Swift’s inexorable march to sequinned leotard world domination...

Preach it :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

She sells record breaking numbers, tours break records and her music wins critics and fans alike...

The issue is she's successful, and as per usual, if a woman is successful then it becomes grounds to somehow claim she's undeserving.

Frankly, if someone was more deserving of the level of acclaim, success and attention she has gained and garnered, they'd have it.

Stay pressed tbh.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

She sells record breaking numbers, tours break records and her music wins critics and fans alike...

The issue is she's successful, and as per usual, if a woman is successful then it becomes grounds to somehow claim she's undeserving.

Frankly, if someone was more deserving of the level of acclaim, success and attention she has gained and garnered, they'd have it.

Stay pressed tbh.

The music isn’t good, the stage presence isn’t good. There’s no star quality for me. I don’t get excited watching her like I did with lady gaga, Britney and Madonna.  No ones pressed we just don’t like her. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Blackout Britney said:

That’s what I’ve always felt from her. “Wanna be” pop star. I don’t see her as a living legend even with all the records broke. 

Facts. She can break records with her sales but she hasn’t done anything remotely iconic besides her eras tour 

2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Stay pressed tbh.

I hate that people say because she’s a “woman” this is why she gets the hate but no it’s because she is a try hard. 

any male performer I would be saying the same

she screams pick me, look at me. It’s pathetic 

There is not much mystery behind its success. She sells songs and stories to women, exclusively to women, and she meets their expectations. That didn't happen before. Pop stars always wanted everyone to like them, and often s** was a vehicle for that. Swift shows that there is a huge market today for selling music with zero controversy and no desire to break the mould, which is worrying considering that teenage girls are her main market.

On 12/6/2024 at 16:27, Jibreel said:

9 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

Why is the media so determined that a Popstar should be an activist? Nobody should be a perpetual activist. 

She has sold herself as a standard-bearer for feminism for years, when she made a fuss about Scooter Braun buying "her" masters, and in the woke era she is its main exponent, with victimhood as her personal identity. Nobody demanded her to be an activist, she understood that this was the way to be more successful nowadays. She is the symbol of this era because she represents the feeling that you are just a victim of others. And she is certainly an activist, but of herself. 

5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Stay pressed tbh.

This comment is such a buch of bullshiits, sorry :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

19 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

There is not much mystery behind its success. She sells songs and stories to women, exclusively to women, and she meets their expectations. That didn't happen before. Pop stars always wanted everyone to like them, and often s** was a vehicle for that. Swift shows that there is a huge market today for selling music with zero controversy and no desire to break the mould, which is worrying considering that teenage girls are her main market.

Her difference is that she does everything to push others off the charts and is hungry for Grammys, the fans are the last thing she cares about. She only cares about their money and does everything to beat shiit out of them. @Neydelinska Spearsi am I wrong?

14 hours ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

SHE works hard? She just pics up the colors and factories are the ones that produce all the useless trash

Do you know her in person? And see everything she does everyday? Yes i think she works hard bc she got her success. Try to write a song or music and be successfull.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.