I wanted to add that I too preferred the version that leaked where Britney’s vocal was more prominent.

But to those that say Elton purposely drowned Britney’s vocals, I don’t think that’s necessarily true. His collab with Dua perfectly highlighted Dua’s vocals. So I have to wonder if the leak version was going to be the finished product initially but Britney was insecure about her voice & asked for more vocal layering and to take a back seat to Elton bc she respects him.

I remember some articles saying that the song release was delayed by Britney’s camp & she had final say in the finished product.

HOLLYWOODLIFE.COM

Britney Spears wants to be completely confident with her Elton John collab before approving it for release, an insider tells...

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

it's bad

It's not.

24 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

it flopped for a reason

Your definition of flop and my definition of flop are two completely different definitions of the word flop if that's the case

7 hours ago, troubleforyou said:

It’s a nice song but it’s a garbage lead single and such a snooze fest live. 

So not a garbage song then. And it's the kind of sound that was popular at the time, unlike the dated Kesha rejects that yall would have her singing for the rest of her life if you had your way 

Edited by alexbickle

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.