I became an alouder and a cheryl fan, trust me America would have loved the rock dance vibes of girls aloud

Nadine, Cheryl,  Nicola (the true red head that changed laws and made tanning beds kind of illegal in the entertainment industry aimed at fair skinned girls like her in the UK) and Kimberley aka as dubbed by the press Spice Girls but with actual singing talent outside one one member aka Melanie C. And the late Sarah Harding who predates Perrie Edwards. 

Are the most successful reality show television act, where Kimberley states the US version had Nicole of the pcd (where Cheryl dissed pcd and lead singer Nicole when pcd entered girls aloud domain in the uk)  they did lose, Girls Aloud is still the best selling girl group in the uk in the 21st century with close to 5 million albums (not singles but albums) sold and still holds the record for 20 Consecutive top ten hits, a single remix of untouchable being highly autotuned as hell, would end that streak peaking at #11 in the UK 

But something new would return the girls to the top ten, but a ballad (when the slayage that is on the metro is on ten) would peak at #97..

Kimberley Walsh also states that when girls aloud disbanded in 2013, the Spice Girls lost a member, and so did little mix because rubbish and bullish got the best of them. We're still the only group that actually had all 5 members the entire time of the ride of girls aloud. 

Nobody left at the height and the media kept acting like it would, it happened to other groups but not us. 

On pop justice they asked why girls aloud was shut out of Europe,  where Sugababes actually had more success. 

The answer was simple,  risk losing the success especially them entering the book of world records for the most consecutive top ten hits for a girl group in any music official chart, it's pretty simple,  it might have costed them Europe but I'm sure their happy regardless besides people are flying from all over the world to see them on their current arena tour, their more known now due to the internet culture being different than 20 years ago.

Girls aloud came close to probably breaking in the US with Nadine's relationship with The actor from desperate housewives Jesse Metcalfe, and the bar in LA where patrons presented images of girls aloud and she would flat out deny it was her, to keep anonymous where girls aloud wasn't known. They came close but Nadine was smart. 

This post was really hard to decipher, but I’ve been listening to Girls Aloud more than I ever have previously.

I can see why they didn’t catch on in the US.  I think they could have had a real shot if they released “Graffiti My Soul” here, but nothing else really matched what was popular in the U.S. at the time.  Maybe “Something New” or “On The Metro.”

• Love 1

So excited to see them. Thank god I sold my initial tickets, I managed to get much better seats for their final London show, the staging looks incredible and it's going to be amazing seeing them somewhat close to me! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Isla said:

So excited to see them. Thank god I sold my initial tickets, I managed to get much better seats for their final London show, the staging looks incredible and it's going to be amazing seeing them somewhat close to me! 

You’ll have the best time!! I’m seeing them again twice next week! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Revenge. said:

You've only just became a fan?!

I saw them live the other week and I was front row and me and Cheryl were singing to eachother :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I filmed it too!

lol loved that for you

I’m a huge fan of Cheryl’s solo music… I don’t know what happened, but she never took off.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Revenge. said:

You've only just became a fan?!

I saw them live the other week and I was front row and me and Cheryl were singing to eachother :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I filmed it too!

Omg!

How was it? Did you have the best time!???

:ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

I became an alouder and a cheryl fan

I like Cheryl in the group but I never warmed to her outside of GA. 

Nadine and Lilcola however are my forever faves ❤️

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ctun7ssnkqo77ikexk

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91kt1rrp5cussaefo2mb

Edited by nwonder
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Style. said:

lol loved that for you

I’m a huge fan of Cheryl’s solo music… I don’t know what happened, but she never took off.

She did really well here in the UK? But also, it’s been too long. Her last solo album came out 10 years ago…

• Love 1
On 6/8/2024 at 9:19 PM, Ehju0901 said:

This post was really hard to decipher, but I’ve been listening to Girls Aloud more than I ever have previously.

I can see why they didn’t catch on in the US.  I think they could have had a real shot if they released “Graffiti My Soul” here, but nothing else really matched what was popular in the U.S. at the time.  Maybe “Something New” or “On The Metro.”

Music was to British  .

Lyrically songs like swinging london town, Hoxton Heroes and the promise had references like Rada, Walking Primrose, that only a British person would get 

Rada is their version of juiliard. 

So damn Geri halliwell really read her fellow Spice Girls to filth in you're in a bubble  

Wipe that Prada smile from that Rada face. 

Damn Victoria Beckham was trained at Rada, and was known to wear Prada at the height of their fame. 

On 6/9/2024 at 6:46 PM, Isla said:

She did really well here in the UK? But also, it’s been too long. Her last solo album came out 10 years ago…

She had the x factor uk to help her just like Nicole's uk solo career. In the girls aloud reddit I'm apart of. They wonder without the x factor would that have happened at all for cheryl. 

Cheryl finally is making her dream come true.  5 02's is finally happening on the latest girls aloud tour. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She had the x factor uk to help her just like Nicole's uk solo career. In the girls aloud reddit I'm apart of. They wonder without the x factor would that have happened at all for cheryl. 

Cheryl finally is making her dream come true.  5 02's is finally happening on the latest girls aloud tour. 

Without The X Factor? Yeah I'm not sure. She was still probably the most well known member of Girls Aloud before X Factor due to her marriage to Ashley Cole. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.