Hey Millennials, are we aging slowly?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... without posting proof all y'all can do is take my word for it but... idk I'm 32 and I look the same as I did when I was 20-21 except I have a few gray hairs. 

By all accounts I should be aging like milk. I'm white mostly, I never had any kind of real skin care routine until the last couple years.. I smoked for 8ish years... And used to drink like a fish. 

Idk maybe? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, thegrove said:

Well... without posting proof all y'all can do is take my word for it but... idk I'm 32 and I look the same as I did when I was 20-21 except I have a few gray hairs. 

By all accounts I should be aging like milk. I'm white mostly, I never had any kind of real skin care routine until the last couple years.. I smoked for 8ish years... And used to drink like a fish. 

Idk maybe? 

I think people fail to realize that 30s is still young. You don't hit middle age until 45. 

I started looking haggard in my twenties because of drinking and weight loss, but once I got into a skin care routine and cut way back on alcohol, I reversed almost all of it and also haven’t aged in like 5 years, so at 32 I look better than I did in my 20’s. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I definitely look older when I look myself in the mirror, but not as old as I imagined I'd be at 30.

When I was idk 18-20-ish I'd look at someone in their 30's, and they looked maybe not super old, but they looked "adult" if that makes any sense. Like I even had teachers in their 30s when I was in high school and college, and you could definitely feel that age gap. I would never speak to someone in that age group with the same nonchalance as I would talk to someone my age.

But now I've already experienced several times, when I play Pokémon GO during community days and I go to the park or the mall, and there's these group of people, which look clearly younger than me, maybe early 20's at max, if not younger, and they sometimes talk to me like they would speak to someone their age, even the slang they use and everything, and I'm always puzzled because I just keep thinking like, can't you see how old I am? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

So I feel like it's an attitude thing too. My parents were already married and having children at my age. I'll be 31 this month, and I still live with my parents, single and childfree lol

And I see my ex-classmates and they still look young to me too. We just celebrated a friend's 34th birthday and it's like he hasn't aged a bit.

But then it's not only that we look younger than our predecessors, but you look at younger people, and it's like they're aging faster than us too. My "little" cousins, who are in their mid 20's, they're starting to look older than me already, the way they talk, the tone of their voice, their body morphology, like, I look at them and they DO look like adults, while I'm still trapped in the same teenage body lol I literally still wear tshirts I got since like 2012.

Elder millenial here!  Just a heads up, I don't look bad at all for my age but 30's is when you look your best but after I hit 42 I started to look older and saw a few forehead wrinkles from tanning and a bit of sagging. I still look good for this age but aging really doesn't start until early 40's so enjoy those younger years because it is kind of shocking when it hits even if it is subtle

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.