New Instagram videos: Britney and her brother Bryan Spears go to a spa in Las Vegas together

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BlackoutBaby said:

There are anecdotes about her speaking like a little girl from 2007 and 2008, before the conservatorship.

There's a whole lot of other behaviors that were spoken about then that we seem to be seeing now on the Instagram. It was there at least in some form previously.

That’s a good point about the behavior previously whispered about are pretty much what we see on Instagram 

Edited by hello70
4 hours ago, hello70 said:

I agree! I know It’s not fair for us to armchair analyze Britney but bc so much of her behavior was public record thanks paps and a cruel media, it’s hard not to.

The CON was unfair and illegal imo but I think she genuinely has a debilitating mental illness that reared its head starting around the Jason Alexander time too. A lot of symptoms of her rumored situation start around that age. She was never really seen as fully stable after that and every single life decision seemed more bizarre and rushed than the previous one, finally peaking in 2008 :(

I start to wonder the same, it’s really hard because we’ll obviously never know everything. I do firmly think her family and the c-ship made everything a million times worse and the result is what we see today due to their abuse. It’s a heartbreaking situation. Knowing what we know now the signs do show that big shift starting from the JA marriage, whether its mental illness, trauma from fame/family/JT break up is probably impossible for us to say :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

I forgot about the marriage with JA, I agree... probably was the first real weird thing but nobody could expect the whole thing years after...

Her family took advantage of her mental problems to dominate completely her brand, life and money, it was their real priority. 

It's all a real mystery, I don't use her book as a source material... for some reasons.

Right now I don't think it's easy to trust anything 100%. 

Absolutely agreed, I NEVER would have expected the years after. I wasn’t a big stan back then, I always loved Britney but didn’t pay attention to everything going on with her, I really would’ve thought she would laugh that marriage off and basically go back to ‘normal’. I didn’t imagine it would signify the start of a spiral that continues today sadly. I agree her family took advantage of everything and made it all worse, they all seem very backwards so if Britney did have a severe mental illness it wouldn’t surprise me if they look down on that because the way they speak about her is like she is garbage and only good for exploiting for money. I also don’t take much from her book which is so disappointing, more than anything else from her I’d love her insight that I could trust. Honestly that book could’ve been written by anyone and it didn’t make me feel like I had any insight into Britney, especially with not a single interview to promote it. She really is an enigma. 

Edited by Slave4Brit88
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Fe was also Britney’s close friend. It’a appropriate and normal to joke about your close friends like that. 

However, being at a spa with a cigarette - NOT NORMAL and completely inappropriate. Being THAT loud and obnoxious at a Spa while sounding like a 5 year old is, again, not normal and inappropriate. She’s not well. She smokes wherever she wants and she’s eventually going to either get arrested or burn a place down.

Fe was old enough to be her mom and obviously a pretty humble/quiet person, she seemed kinda embarrassed when Britney sang that… 

I didn’t notice she was smoking, yeah that’s not cool and neither is filing the guests and employees. It IS all pretty weird, just saying it’s not the first time she’s been loud and OTT. I remember Chaotic surprised me back then too. 

10 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Couldn’t agree more, I just feel bad knowing how the gp will react and attribute it to another menty b, and tbh if I was a guest she’d be bugging me too lmao I’d just be like “girl I love you, but let’s whisperrr and relaxxxx at the spaaa queen shhhh”Relaxed Chill Out GIF by VH1

Reveal hidden contents

:pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: Meanwhile: “BALLS OMG BALLS!!”

Oh yeah, I’d be angry af as a guest or a spa employee. Imagine even a random stranger suddenly walking up to you to film you without your consent for their social media. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:  But I think I’d take that over seeing her miserable and lost, like she did in those pictures with Sam outside the psych ward. She can be weird and inappropriate, but I think it’s nice she still has her spirit after everything. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Interesting, I didn't see the little girl thing from her back then... I remember more her being loud, the accent and her going everywhere late at night. Her relationship with the paparazzi, inviting them to "visit" her, and Adnan.

I think sometimes if instagram existed back in the day, probably it wouldn’t be so different from what we see from her now.

Some mental illness start to manifest around the 20 somethings for certain people... Britney was around that age when things started to get real weird.

Jamie Lynn said in her book that back in the day "Britney's episodes were hidden and well-managed" and I think is pretty clear that she's was diagnosed with something around her 20s. 

Edited by LizeS_
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LizeS_ said:

Jamie Lynn said in her book that back in the day "Britney's episodes were hidden and well-managed" and I think is pretty clear that she's was diagnosed with something around her 20s. 

I didn't read her book, just saw some quotes... she really talked about her sister mental illness? Yikes.

Hidden and well managed? Hmmm I wonder what that really means. With the Spears it can be several things.

I wrote a lot here that I don’t believe her family understands the importance of taking care of "mental health" and a lot of Britney behavior hating doctors come from the way she was raised. I mean, if the Lou Taylor trying to do an exorcism to kill "the demon" inside Britney is confirmed... it's all we need to know about them. Religious fanatics  usually never take science seriously.

Even Mariah Carey confirmed she is bipolar. Not only Britney herself,  but her family and team still act like we are in the 90/early 2000, when people with mental illness were labelled like a crazy person. 

Edited by Dark Willow
On 5/31/2024 at 3:00 PM, Dark Willow said:

Interesting, I didn't see the little girl thing from her back then... I remember more her being loud, the accent and her going everywhere late at night. Her relationship with the paparazzi, inviting them to "visit" her, and Adnan.

I think sometimes if instagram existed back in the day, probably it wouldn’t be so different from what we see from her now.

Some mental illness start to manifest around the 20 somethings for certain people... Britney was around that age when things started to get real weird.

There was a reference to the 'baby talk' in 2007 in a situation where it was incongruous. Remember Lynne described her a year later speaking in the tone and with the understanding of 'a very young girl'.

'Pressured speech' can be a symptom of mood disorders, when someone has rapid speech and jumps abruptly from one topic to another. 'Age regression' isn't unknown either, and nobody seems to know exactly why. But someone in the elevated mood may think they're above the social norms, act impulsively and without inhibition etc.

At first I also dismissed the things like the wedding to JA, thinking maybe it was just some delayed acting out. The real turning point for me was the head shaving and umbrella incident because Britney just seemed so 'switched' in that moment. From that time I have thought there was a mood disorder - if not bipolar, something related or similar - which is not her fault at all.

It's pretty common though that people with mood disorder don't always like taking medication. They might miss the manic 'ups' when they can feel more creative and productive, or just in a more euphoric state. They might not make rhe best decisions when in such a state however and when it becomes a problem is when it begins to seriously mess with one's professional life or relationships.

I guess it would be nice to find a 'happy medium' where the medication is adjusted correctly without someone feeling 'doped up' etc. I'm also a believer in holistic therapies like art, yoga, meditation etc being used in conjunction with conventional therapies. But anyway, I never really expected Britney to be totally fine and 'normal' at all times in public after the conservatorship because there isn't really a 'cure' for mood disorder. It's something you learn to live with and try to manage, and that's the best you can aim for.

I also think sometimes that Brirney's Baptist upbringing may have also affected how she feels about seeking help for mh issues - especially when she said she believed in 'taking it to God' rather than going to therapy. I don't want to typify them all but I have noticed that's a common sentiment in some Baptist and evangelical circles. In my community, I have seen people who ended up having serious breakdowns as a result, because they felt as if they had failed in their faith somehow if they were afflicted with a mental health issue. Elders and chaplains weren't immune. Neither are world famous pop stars and celebrities - these things don't discriminate, go figure :/

• Love 2
  • Like 1

There's a time and place. This video is exactly like when I would try to go anywhere with my bipolar sister during her episodes, and when she was also self medicating. The supermarket, a bar - didn't matter! And she didn't give a damn what anyone thought of it. Totally unlike her former behavior.

48 minutes ago, BlackoutBaby said:

There was a reference to the 'baby talk' in 2007 in a situation where it was incongruous. Remember Lynne described her a year later speaking in the tone and with the understanding of 'a very young girl'.

'Pressured speech' can be a symptom of mood disorders, when someone has rapid speech and jumps abruptly from one topic to another. 'Age regression' isn't unknown either, and nobody seems to know exactly why. But someone in the elevated mood may think they're above the social norms, act impulsively and without inhibition etc.

At first I also dismissed the things like the wedding to JA, thinking maybe it was just some delayed acting out. The real turning point for me was the head shaving and umbrella incident because Britney just seemed so 'switched' in that moment. From that time I have thought there was a mood disorder - if not bipolar, something related or similar - which is not her fault at all.

It's pretty common though that people with mood disorder don't always like taking medication. They might miss the manic 'ups' when they can feel more creative and productive, or just in a more euphoric state. They might not make rhe best decisions when in such a state however and when it becomes a problem is when it begins to seriously mess with one's professional life or relationships.

I guess it would be nice to find a 'happy medium' where the medication is adjusted correctly without someone feeling 'doped up' etc. I'm also a believer in holistic therapies like art, yoga, meditation etc being used in conjunction with conventional therapies. But anyway, I never really expected Britney to be totally fine and 'normal' at all times in public after the conservatorship because there isn't really a 'cure' for mood disorder. It's something you learn to live with and try to manage, and that's the best you can aim for.

I also think sometimes that Brirney's Baptist upbringing may have also affected how she feels about seeking help for mh issues - especially when she said she believed in 'taking it to God' rather than going to therapy. I don't want to typify them all but I have noticed that's a common sentiment in some Baptist and evangelical circles. In my community, I have seen people who ended up having serious breakdowns as a result, because they felt as if they had failed in their faith somehow if they were afflicted with a mental health issue. Elders and chaplains weren't immune. Neither are world famous pop stars and celebrities - these things don't discriminate, go figure :/

I agree with so many things you wrote.

I'm always saying the way Britney was raised probably has to do with the real reason she avoids doctors/therapy/medication. She told stories from even before the facility when she trusted her intuiton and God only, if you pay attention she always says doctors are wrong, she found out the cure for something alone or a certain treatment didn't work. 

Unfortunately Britney is very religious and her family is fanatic by the bible, they are the redneck southern stereotype with all the closed mind. Like, I do think Britney is forcing herself to forgive them because for the bible "family is sacred" no matter what... you have to respect the man of the house (Jamie), be a good girl with good manners (Britney repeats the good girl several times through her captions)

If Jacob messages are real, not even Lynne accepts Britney may have something like bipolar. I think they all believe mental illness needs to be hided like something bad... something to be ashamed of. Britney never understood the importance of taking care of mental health, she feels forced to do it.

If the story of Lou Taylor trying to do an exorcism on Britney was real... then we can confirm how deeply disturbed and ignorant place Britney came from... her family allowed this?

Conservative minds are sick, I feel Britney is stuck with that mentality and it doesn't help her to evolve.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
On 5/31/2024 at 5:58 AM, Slave4Brit88 said:

I start to wonder the same, it’s really hard because we’ll obviously never know everything. I do firmly think her family and the c-ship made everything a million times worse and the result is what we see today due to their abuse. It’s a heartbreaking situation. Knowing what we know now the signs do show that big shift starting from the JA marriage, whether its mental illness, trauma from fame/family/JT break up is probably impossible for us to say :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I agree with you that Britney's family and the CON made everything worse. 

Britney did not have a debilitating mental illness because she performed only weeks after she was put in the CON. She rehearsed and performed to exhaustion for years until she decided enough is enough. That took a lot of courage. She paid for it with 4 months of enforced treatment without any visits by her family. 2 months of those 4 was in isolation in a pop-up facility. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BlackoutBaby said:

Very well written post, you said a lot of interesting and insightful things. 

15 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Very well written post, you said a lot of interesting and insightful things. 

Thanks. I can see that two things can be true at once - Britney may have a few issues, but these things are treatable and don't necessarily entail she should be in a conservatorship. A guardianship should aim at helping someone with a treatable condition reclaim as much independence as possible but they never seemed to factor that into consideration over time.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.