Billie Eilish's 'HIT ME HARD AND SOFT' debuts at #2 on Billboard Hot 200 (Taylor Swift remains #1)

Posted (edited)

For the first time in eight years, two albums earned over 300,000 equivalent album units in a single week in the U.S., according to Luminate. On the latest Billboard 200 albums chart (dated June 1), Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department holds atop the list for a fifth straight and total week with 378,000 units earned in the week ending May 23 (up 45%) and Billie Eilish’s new Hit Me Hard and Soft debuts at No. 2 with a career-best 339,000 units.

STORY_Shot_02_11810_V01.jpg

taylor-swift-ttpd-album-review.jpg?w=158

source

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

For the first time in eight years, two albums surpass 300,000 weekly equivalent album units in the U.S., thanks to Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish.

Edited by Fita
4 hours ago, SJK said:

It will happen, every artist has a downfall in their career at some point 

Even if she does she has already cemented her so is one of the best in the last 50 years... You can't undo her legacy now... Even if she does fall

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AII said:

one of the best in the last 50 years

That’s a reach

She sells out tours and has big albums sales absolutely but that doesn’t mean she’s “one of the best” 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, SJK said:

That’s a reach

She sells out tours and has big albums sales absolutely but that doesn’t mean she’s “one of the best” 

That’s literally the definition of being one of the best lol

• Love 1

It has sold 140k in its second week. TTPD is still on number one with 180k. It’s a good album even tho Pitchfork only gave it a 6.8. I think it’s her best in terms of production. I love Birds of a Feather. Billie said multiple times she doesn’t care about charts and numbers herself. Everything about this release is worth celebrating. Stan culture is toxic.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.