Here's the FULL last Madonna's The Celebration Tour concert from last night in Rio (enjoy it while it's not removed)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

The way she desperately holds on to the past and lingers to be still considered popular is beyond pathetic.

This isn't a celebration of her career, this is nothing more than one big ego fest that screams "LOOK WHAT I DID". It isn't graceful AT ALL.

Britney's Piece of Me comes to mind as that show was to celebrate her career as well but the two have one major difference: Britney's show was a celebration without the need to show off what she accomolished. It was LIGHT. 

Madonna's show is just a major ego fest to feed her longing desire of gaining attention. She even went as far as to be touched by her former ... herself? (The Blond Ambition reference performance part). That's just a whole new level of insane in the worst way possible.

And yes, I used to adore Madonna. I literally own every record up till Hard Candy and COAD is my favorite album by her but ever since MDNA she's been missing it entirely.

She's nothing more than a shadow of what she used to be.

Ps: yes, other artists grew gracefully older too but without the need of being still relevant for the sake of being relevant, just look at Tina Turner for example.

I don't see It as 'desperate' or as a pathetic attempt to be relevant BUT to me, She copied Bey's Renaissance Tour and i would honestly not be surprised If She announces a Celebration Tour movie in a similar way Bey did w Renaissance 😭 She even mixed Break My Soul on Vogue, had her daughter dance and a whole Ballroom section. 😭😭😭 (Beyoncé Is too polite to accuse anyone of copying her)

Edited by Leolileinstein
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

I don't see It as 'desperate' or as a pathetic attempt to be relevant BUT to me, She copied Bey's Renaissance Tour and i would honestly not be surprised If She announces a Celebration Tour movie in a similar way Bey did w Renaissance 😭 She even mixed Break My Soul on Vogue, had her daughter dance and a whole Ballroom section. 😭😭😭 (Beyoncé Is too polite to accuse anyone of copying her)

Which part exactly? I though M has been doing ballroom for a long time?

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, nux1989 said:

Which part exactly? I though M has been doing ballroom for a long time?

On tour? Idk. I meant the show has a Ballroom section like Bey's on Pure/Honey & BMS

And i see a lot of similarities in both shows...

HELL......😭😭 Even the Celebration intinerary Is VERY similar to the Renaissance intinerary 😭😭😭 

But then again M only made It mainstream and wasnt the First to be Vogueing or incorporating Ballroom in her numbers.

Edited by Leolileinstein
9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The show was phenomenal. A theatrical exhibition of Madonna's journey with surprise moments. I found the moment with the cell phones particularly emotional. Only those who have been in Rio de Janeiro, felt that characteristic smell and heat allied with the humid and warm night with their feet in the sand can identify with the magic and greatness that this moment of Madonna added to the  place. It left me longing.

You were there?

47 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

But then again M only made It mainstream and wasnt the First to be Vogueing or incorporating Ballroom in her numbers.

Perhaps not, but Madonna did it 30 odd years before Beyoncé. lol

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

The way she desperately holds on to the past and lingers to be still considered popular is beyond pathetic.

This isn't a celebration of her career, this is nothing more than one big ego fest that screams "LOOK WHAT I DID". It isn't graceful AT ALL.

Britney's Piece of Me comes to mind as that show was to celebrate her career as well but the two have one major difference: Britney's show was a celebration without the need to show off what she accomolished. It was LIGHT. 

Madonna's show is just a major ego fest to feed her longing desire of gaining attention. She even went as far as to be touched by her former ... herself? (The Blond Ambition reference performance part). That's just a whole new level of insane in the worst way possible.

And yes, I used to adore Madonna. I literally own every record up till Hard Candy and COAD is my favorite album by her but ever since MDNA she's been missing it entirely.

Ps: yes, other artists grew gracefully older too but without the need of being still relevant for the sake of being relevant, just look at Tina Turner for example.

Sounds like someone couldn't attend Madonnas Show. Sorry Hun but Madonnas Show was another Level. Britneys last tours were all sad to watch through the fact she was forced to perform. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Madonna released a movie about almost every single tour she did so who is coping who? 

+The tour was planned before the Renaissance Tour started. She posted pictures of the ballroom segment in February-March 2023, 2 months before the Renaissance tour. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Um Madonna didn't mix Break my Soul into Vogue. She used a part of the Queens Remix of Break my Soul. Said remix used an interpolation of Madonna's Vogue, Madonna has a full credit on the remix. Beyonce even let Madonna come up with the name of the remix. Beyonce used part of the remix in her Renaissance Tour too. And Madonna had her children in her earlier tours too, at least to some degree.

• Love 3

Saw her live in Germany, and yes, she no longer has the same energy but for **** sake.. most of you 25 year olds can't even wake up in the morning :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

She is still putting an amazing show, sings live and puts a lot of thought in her tour. And this 1,6mln crowd looks insane :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

• Love 3
On 5/5/2024 at 1:15 PM, LeglessJamie said:

Awful.

The problem with your entire "rant" is that if anyone has earned the right to boast and be their own biggest fan, it's MADONNA. I like Madonna (never loved her necessarily), but Madonna is THE definition of what it means to be a female pop artist and nothing you or I say could ever take that away from her.

I love this quote from Madonna from a few years ago: "“The most controversial thing I've done is to stick around. I have seen many stars appear and disappear like shooting stars, but my light will never fade.”

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block