Why is Taylor Swift starting to sound more & more like Lana Del Rey's music?

This is not a place to hate. Check out this song... If you’ve heard Lana's song ‘Born to Die’ you’ll recognize that noise at 3:07:

And funny thing is 'Born to Die' wasn't produced by Jack Antonoff (the producer of TTPD), and yet there's the similarity. And not just on this song it's sounding like Lana's music: also the dreamy/whispered vocals of Fornight - I love you, it's ruining my life.

Do you have the same perception? Do you think Taylor should work with a different producer? Or Lana should?

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2

I’ve been saying this for a while. I think it’s rich that she’s been veering in Lana’s lane for a while now and yet she has the nerve to seek 50% royalties from Olivia Rodrigo’s, who since she was a little girl was a stan, Deja Vu because Olivia scream sings two lines in the bridge of her song and to Taylor that sounds like Cruel Summer. Two lines and you get rights to 50% of a song?! She’s lucky Lana didn’t do the same to her for her many Lana-esque songs.

And to the point of Olivia, no other artist until her has come close to sharing the same fanbase as Taylor. She even called Olivia her daughter at one point and then when Olivia got huge, Taylor got litigious with her and whatever happened behind the scenes must have crushed Olivia. She’s hasn’t spoken a word about Taylor since and some think her song The Grudge is about her experience with Taylor. And now to put salt in the wound Taylor brings Sabrina Carpenter on her biggest of all time and gives her a public co-sign. It’s speculated that Sabrina is the woman Olivia had issues with when she was in a relationship with Joshua Bassett. 

So now Taylor is working with Lana’s main cowriter/ producer and becomes friends with her. When they were both up for Album of The Year at the Grammys when Taylor won and dragged Lana on stage when she clearly didn’t want to go, was the biggest Mean Girls “Cady will you please tell him his hair looks **** pushed back” moment. And just like Mean Girls, it’s better to stay in the plastics (be on Taylor’s good side) hating life, than to not be in at all. 

The longer I see Taylor’s power in the industry rise, the more I’m believing Katy Perry when she said about Taylor, to watch out for the Regina George in sheep’s clothing. 

they work with the same producers 

producers have a style ovi and you can say the same about things produced by timberland or Pharrell, this is music 101, looking at the credits should have been enough to realize why. 

Edited by kevin.
10 hours ago, Fita said:

This is not a place to hate. Check out this song... If you’ve heard Lana's song ‘Born to Die’ you’ll recognize that noise at 3:07:

And funny thing is 'Born to Die' wasn't produced by Jack Antonoff (the producer of TTPD), and yet there's the similarity. And not just on this song it's sounding like Lana's music: also the dreamy/whispered vocals of Fornight - I love you, it's ruining my life.

Do you have the same perception? Do you think Taylor should work with a different producer? Or Lana should?

She should start to work with someone else and admit that her "singing" (talking) is monotonous, boring and flat and do something about it. It is monotonous in voice like Google Translator. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Aymama said:

She has said that Lana is one of if not the most influential women in music of the last decade

She's interesting, but her lack of vocal talent is masked by heavy reverb and other effects. She could at least release her music with basic mastering and mixing without these heavy effects.  

More importantly, why is TS releasing so many indistinguishable songs. Like, she could at least mix it up and work with a variety of songwriters and producers but it’s pretty much the same thing over and over now.

Some of the lyrics on her new album are so cringe eg:

You smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate / we declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist / I scratched your head, you fall asleep / like a tattooed Golden Retriever

Also can she go back to pop please?  

Edited by Kiss my
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kiss my said:

More importantly, why is TS releasing so many indistinguishable songs. Like, she could at least mix it up and work with a variety of songwriters and producers but it’s pretty much the same thing over and over now. Also can she go back to pop please?  

You can literally feel when she is doing it for money and when she wants to share something personal with no side intentions. In the last 10 years, I only liked her re-recorded 2,3,4 album and wait for her debut for to be done with her :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

17 hours ago, Fita said:

yeah theres is sound exactly like lana...its not taylor anymore neither🤦🤔how far from "Our song"she got... Beyonce closer to "Taylor style"then Taylor by herself🤦🤗😇

7 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

She should start to work with someone else and admit that her "singing" (talking) is monotonous, boring and flat and do something about it. It is monotonous in voice like Google Translator. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Plus - If you were to tell something into the microphone, then add harmonies and some screaming to it, then you have the same thing that taylor is releasing in nowdays :clown_meme__makeup_green:

10 hours ago, Aymama said:

She has said that Lana is one of if not the most influential women in music of the last decade and she’s always praising her artistry. She’s definitely very inspired by her 

This part, and she makes it very clear. She literally won a milestone award for herself and gave Lana this praise.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block