The (definitive?) list of recorded songs that haven't surfaced online

Thank you so much for this thread!

Can I ask what you take in consideration for an entry in the Unconfirmed section? Because if there are rumours included, then why not the many reports of songwriters/producers confirming working for her (albeit "recorded" status unknown)?

Some I think are missing/could be included (which section is up to you):

• "Today"
  • "Shine"
  • "Pleasure You" (Real version - Solo)
  • "Crazy Girl"
  • "I'm Aaaaaight"
  • "Devil In Disguise"
  • "Follow Me"
  • "Forgiven"
  • "Cry"
  • "Flame Thrower"
  • "Matches" (Solo version)
  • The DWAD Tour songs ("Mystic Man", "My Love Was Always There", "Weakness", "You Were My Home")
  • Maybe the alleged duet with Dionne Warwick?

+

• Unknown - Produced by Bloodshy & Avant for 'Britney' (2001)
    In a 2023 interview he said they first worked together in 2001 (SOURCE).

• Unknown titles - Produced by Fredwreck for 'Blackout' (2007)
    He talked about doing three songs with Britney in 2006 (SOURCE). In a 2022 article, he talks again about two songs not making the cut for Blackout (SOURCE), and it's indicated said songs were then recorded by Hilary Duff during Dignity sessions. Although it's not explicitly expressed, it's very tentative to think the two credits he has in Dignity ("Burned" and "Dreamer") were the Blackout scraps.

• Unknown - Produced by Fredwreck for 'Femme Fatale' (2011)
    He said in Twitter to be working with Britney in Dec 2010 (SOURCE). Later in Feb 2011, he tweeted "Britney time!" (SOURCE) (the tweet date is the next day she recorded Big Fat Bass/met in the studio with will.i.am, so maybe she was doing more stuff).
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

And since I'm here, I'd like to mention two songs that always kept me wondering.

I know we can't fully trust registration sites, but there's a song that Britney has appeared credited as performer in way too many places like to ignore: "No Doubt". It was released in 1998 by Imajin, a boy group signed to Jive. Maybe it's some major glitch or effect of them being together in some CDs (like in this BOMT single enhanced CD that contains a snippet of No Doubt's music video), or maybe just maybe she also recorded it.

The other song is "Leave". Written by Lisa Greene and Bloodshy & Avant. Britney appears as performer in AKM (Austria) and SACM (Mexico). I did some research and apparently it's this song by Japanese singer LISA (although she replaces/erases Lisa Greene? When it's evidently Lisa Greene's pen imo):

Hope this is not too silly to bring up.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

@JeremiahYou are seriously amazing! I'll try to comment on everything you mentioned but admittedly I wasn't aware about a lot of it

This is probably gonna be a long read so I'll post it as a spoiler too

Spoiler
17 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Can I ask what you take in consideration for an entry in the Unconfirmed section? Because if there are rumours included, then why not the many reports of songwriters/producers confirming working for her (albeit "recorded" status unknown)?

This is what I meant by saying I 'contextualized' those reports. While we have tons of mentions of people working with her, since there's isn't a final product from said sessions, I do my best to try and rationalize them as otherwise it's physically impossible for us to know exactly what happened in those dates

For instance, we know she flew to Florida specifically to record with Missy Elliott but in the end we don't know what came of that, maybe one of them dediced to cancel at the last minute and nothing got done that day

In the case of rumours, I just pick and choose the ones that are the most plausible to me and came from mostly trustworthy sources like how MuuMuse picked up on the Afrojack rumour and, at least at the time, it seemed he had contacts in Britney's team

17 hours ago, Jeremiah said:
  • "Today"
  • "Shine"
  • "Pleasure You"
  • "Crazy Girl"
  • "I'm Aaaaaight"
  • "Devil In Disguise"
  • "Follow Me"
  • "Forgiven"
  • "Cry"
  • "Flame Thrower"
  • "Matches" (Solo)
  • The DWAD Tour songs
  • Duet with Dionne Warwick
  • Unknown - Produced by Bloodshy & Avant for 'Britney' (2001)
  • Unknown - Produced by Fredwreck for 'Blackout' (2007)
  • Unknown - Produced by Fredwreck for 'Femme Fatale' (2011)
  • No Doubt
  • Leave

Thanks! I highlighted all the ones I originally forgot to add. They've now been added alongside a couple others that were buried deep in my notes :)

As for the rest of them:

Shine: Not recorded as Britney and Annet never finished writing it

Pleasure You / Matches: Didn't include them since they technically exist online, just not in their original versions. Similarly I didn't include other songs such as Rebellion as they also exist albeit in snippet form

I'm Alright: Even though it hasn't been deleted like other fake listings have, I'm not entirely convinced it exists. The OD Buzzfeed piece mentioned she had multiple sessions with Angela Hunte, and even though she was interviewed for it, they didn't provide an actual quote. As it stands it's unknown just how many RedOne / Angela / Nanna tracks she recorded

Devil in Disguise: A fan asked Kandi about it

Additionally, she confirmed in an interview she had never worked with her. It's entirely possible there was a mix up in the database it appeared and they meant to add Disguise My Love instead

unknown.png?ex=662cb534&is=661a4034&hm=62c710eda020d2252c0ff64a02f0ed7ab27f12b0b726370c48f9126d40a33c75&

Forgiven: Can't remember the specifics, but Shelly at one point mentioned she had no idea why she was listed as a performer on BMI and that the song was actually just a background piece for a movie

Cry: This one was a rumour started by HeyBritney that quickly got out of hand when both USA Today and Billboard reported on it. A quick search for Angie Wright reveals there was never a person with that name working for Jive/Sony

You would think Billboard would try and actually verify this information but, as it turns out, they pulled something similar a few months later when they reported on the supposed title of Madonna's new album which was just a fan concept design. To this day, it's still listed on Wikipedia as Hard Candy's working title

Flame Thrower: I don't think any of Chris Brown's pitches were ever recorded? I didn't actually look this up, it's just doesn't sound right to me tbh :jackk_alien:

DWAD Tracks: Don't really have much to add here other than I did consider adding them but, with the exception of My Love Was Always There which was basically confirmed by her publicist at the time to the NY Post, they all just seem like songs ideas she came up with in between soundchecks similar to Mona Lisa

I thought I'd add some stats per Setlist.fm

Mystic Man was the earliest and the one that was performed the most, reportedly starting April 25, it was played at least 17 times

Weakness was reportedly debuted on May 28 and it was played at least 7 times

You Were My Home was reportedly debuted on May 29 and it was played at least 7 times as well which really suprised since it's arguably the roughest one of the bunch

My Love Was Always There was reportedly debuted June 21 and was only played 5 times, last date being just four days apart from Enrique's interview with The Sun where he publicly denounced the track. Interestingly both Enrique and Steve Morales were sued a year later for allegedly stealing one of the songs from the same album as Maybe with the writer being quoted as saying Steve "boasted about ripping off other songwriters"

Dionne Warwick duet: Not recorded, confirmed by Dionne herself

Unknown Bloodshy & Avant tracks (2001): Bloodshy first worked with her on 2002 as confirmed by him on a separate interview, I think he was simply off by a year or he was simply misquoted. Same thing happened when he mentioned first working with Cathy circa 2000 here despite Cathy basically saying Toxic was one of the first tracks they did together in 2002 on the Ivors interview

Unknown Fredwreck tracks: Since I had no idea he worked on more tracks in 2006, just thought I'd mention there's a third Fredwreck-Kara song on ASCAP named The Feeling and despite Hilary's songwriting credits being highly dubious to say the least, I think this is most likely to be one of the two songs though I'll definitely look into Hilary's album as well

It's interesting he mentioned working on pitches for Femme Fatale since there's this Snoop Dogg video from 2010 where he mentions 'someone' wanting to him to hop on a track for Britney's album though considering how he hasn't put out an album without a Fredwreck track on it since the early 2000s, I doubt he will refer to him as a no-name producer

Not only that but Adam Leber basically laughed the video off on Twitter so I'm not sure how real the whole collab thing was, I'll definitely add it to the list though

No Doubt: Definitely a glitch, not only cause of it being a b-side but also there being a dual sample credited to 'Imajin & Britney Spears'

Leave: While Lisa Greene's track definitely exists and Britney being credited can be chalked up to the general database ****ery, I'm not so sure this is the same song. For example BoA's Universe also by Bloodshy & Avant was originally a SoShy song named 'Do U Dance', this is important cause even though LISA is not featured herself, the track features another member of japanese rap group m-flo which she was a part of and that song also features a mix of japanese and english lyrics including some from the original so it's possible this originally was another different song which they adapted as 'Leave'

This is not the only weird Lisa-B&A listing, she also has two different songs named "Insatiable": one with B&A and the other with Stephen Lee. The only version registered on GEMA is the B&A one and on ASCAP there's only one listing with both of them credited so when it leaked people thought it was a B&A track (Not sung by Lisa)

This and Supersensual are the only Lisa demos that leaked from BMG's database that haven't been confirmed as real demos

Phew, I think that's everything

Feel free to add me on Discord in case you have any more questions, it's the same username there too :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

Edited by PlayboyMommy
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

@JeremiahYou are seriously amazing! I'll try to comment on everything you mentioned but admittedly I wasn't aware about a lot of it

This is probably gonna be a long read so I'll post it as a spoiler too

Reveal hidden contents

This is what I meant by saying I 'contextualized' those reports. While we have tons of mentions of people working with her, since there's isn't a final product from said sessions, I do my best to try and rationalize them as otherwise it's physically impossible for us to know exactly what happened in those dates

For instance, we know she flew to Florida specifically to record with Missy Elliott but in the end we don't know what came of that, maybe one of them dediced to cancel at the last minute and nothing got done that day

In the case of rumours, I just pick and choose the ones that are the most plausible to me and came from mostly trustworthy sources like how MuuMuse picked up on the Afrojack rumour and, at least at the time, it seemed he had contacts in Britney's team

Thanks! I highlighted all the ones I originally forgot to add. They've now been added alongside a couple others that were buried deep in my notes :)

As for the rest of them:

Shine: Not recorded as Britney and Annet never finished writing it

Pleasure You / Matches: Didn't include them since they technically exist online, just not in their original versions. Similarly I didn't include other songs such as Rebellion as they also exist albeit in snippet form

I'm Alright: Even though it hasn't been deleted like other fake listings have, I'm not entirely convinced it exists. The OD Buzzfeed piece mentioned she had multiple sessions with Angela Hunte, and even though she was interviewed for it, they didn't provide an actual quote. As it stands it's unknown just how many RedOne / Angela / Nanna tracks she recorded

Devil in Disguise: A fan asked Kandi about it

Additionally, she confirmed in an interview she had never worked with her. It's entirely possible there was a mix up in the database it appeared and they meant to add Disguise My Love instead

unknown.png?ex=662cb534&is=661a4034&hm=62c710eda020d2252c0ff64a02f0ed7ab27f12b0b726370c48f9126d40a33c75&

Forgiven: Can't remember the specifics, but Shelly at one point mentioned she had no idea why she was listed as a performer on BMI and that the song was actually just a background piece for a movie

Cry: This one was a rumour started by HeyBritney that quickly got out of hand when both USA Today and Billboard reported on it. A quick search for Angie Wright reveals there was never a person with that name working for Jive/Sony

You would think Billboard would try and actually verify this information but, as it turns out, they pulled something similar a few months later when they reported on the supposed title of Madonna's new album which was just a fan concept design. To this day, it's still listed on Wikipedia as Hard Candy's working title

Flame Thrower: I don't think any of Chris Brown's pitches were ever recorded? I didn't actually look this up, it's just doesn't sound right to me tbh :jackk_alien:

DWAD Tracks: Don't really have much to add here other than I did consider adding them but, with the exception of My Love Was Always There which was basically confirmed by her publicist at the time to the NY Post, they all just seem like songs ideas she came up with in between soundchecks similar to Mona Lisa

I thought I'd add some stats per Setlist.fm

Mystic Man was the earliest and the one that was performed the most, reportedly starting April 25, it was played at least 17 times

Weakness was reportedly debuted on May 28 and it was played at least 7 times

You Were My Home was reportedly debuted on May 29 and it was played at least 7 times as well which really suprised since it's arguably the roughest one of the bunch

My Love Was Always There was reportedly debuted June 21 and was only played 5 times, last date being just four days apart from Enrique's interview with The Sun where he publicly denounced the track. Interestingly both Enrique and Steve Morales were sued a year later for allegedly stealing one of the songs from the same album as Maybe with the writer being quoted as saying Steve "boasted about ripping off other songwriters"

Dionne Warwick duet: Not recorded, confirmed by Dionne herself

Unknown Bloodshy & Avant tracks (2001): Bloodshy first worked with her on 2002 as confirmed by him on a separate interview, I think he was simply off by a year or he was simply misquoted. Same thing happened when he mentioned first working with Cathy circa 2000 here despite Cathy basically saying Toxic was one of the first tracks they did together in 2002 on the Ivors interview

Unknown Fredwreck tracks: Since I had no idea he worked on more tracks in 2006, just thought I'd mention there's a third Fredwreck-Kara song on ASCAP named The Feeling and despite Hilary's songwriting credits being highly dubious to say the least, I think this is most likely to be one of the two songs though I'll definitely look into Hilary's album as well

It's interesting he mentioned working on pitches for Femme Fatale since there's this Snoop Dogg video from 2010 where he mentions 'someone' wanting to him to hop on a track for Britney's album though considering how he hasn't put out an album without a Fredwreck track on it since the early 2000s, I doubt he will refer to him as a no-name producer

Not only that but Adam Leber basically laughed the video off on Twitter so I'm not sure how real the whole collab thing was, I'll definitely add it to the list though

No Doubt: Definitely a glitch, not only cause of it being a b-side but also there being a dual sample credited to 'Imajin & Britney Spears'

Leave: While Lisa Greene's track definitely exists and Britney being credited can be chalked up to the general database ****ery, I'm not so sure this is the same song. For example BoA's Universe also by Bloodshy & Avant was originally a SoShy song named 'Do U Dance', this is important cause even though LISA is not featured herself, the track features another member of japanese rap group m-flo which she was a part of and that song also features a mix of japanese and english lyrics including some from the original so it's possible this originally was another different song which they adapted as 'Leave'

This is not the only weird Lisa-B&A listing, she also has two different songs named "Insatiable": one with B&A and the other with Stephen Lee. The only version registered on GEMA is the B&A one and on ASCAP there's only one listing with both of them credited so when it leaked people thought it was a B&A track (Not sung by Lisa)

This and Supersensual are the only Lisa demos that leaked from BMG's database that haven't been confirmed as real demos

Phew, I think that's everything

Feel free to add me on Discord in case you have any more questions, it's the same username there too :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

Love it!

Feels so good to have actual Britney music talk. Unfortunately I don't use Discord but I do have more questions to ask if you don't mind. Gonna put it on spoiler as well to not make this thread lengthy.

Spoiler

1. I mainly wondered about some omissions that could go on "Unconfirmed" knowing there's already similar cases included. I'm sure you know about the (legendary) "unreleasedbritneyspears" site. There's many people mentioned there with strong sources backing it all up. I dream of it coming back to life and have it updated, lol.

2. "Shine". While I know Annet said she thinks they didn't even finish writing it, that doesn't necessarily mean the song died there. "Everytime" wasn't recorded when written, Britney eventually found the right producer for it. But since there's no more info regarding "Shine," I agree it's fair to not considerate it beyond as an anecdote.

3. "Devil In Disguise". I believe it comes from a STIM entry, visible through ISWC. It's possible Kandi doesn't even know about it as there's listings of the same track without Britney credited, meaning maybe Britney was given the song and made some change in it. Or it's simply a system error. Regardless, Britney or not, I find it odd for Kandi to ask "what track?" especially when given the title because it's most definitely a song by her.

4. "Cry". Damn that's a mess, lmao. Thanks for the correction.

5. "Forgiven". I'd be beyond thankful if you happen to know where she said that/the source and told me. Given the high amount of errors and even misinformation spread, I actually think it'd be very useful for there to be a section debunking rumours.

6. Previous point reminded me: Jim Jonsin. If I'm not mistaken, the material he had for her was for Blackout, and even time later Britney would be mentioned among the people he has worked with, but I found interesting a 2011 interview where he says that he'd love to work with her since he hasn't yet...

7. DWAD Tour tracks. Same that "Shine," I wouldn't really shrug them off, even less with your receipt and the Mona Lisa example.

8. 2001 Bloodshy & Avant. The way the article is written, it leads to think that there was a time they worked before becoming close with In The Zone sessions. In fact, it agrees on the piece of Toxic igniting their work relationship. It feels to me that Bloodshy kinda gatekeeps info, lmao. I mean, for the longest it was believed Toxic was for Kylie Minogue first, and just a couple of years ago it was revealed it was for Janet Jackson.

9. "Leave". Ugh, B&A are really a mess. I got to that LISA song thanks to MLC (which is not fully reliable, granted), but when I heard the track (a bop btw) I had no doubt it was by Lisa Greene. In fact, it sounds more Lisa Green than B&A, if you know what I mean.

10. Thanks for your feedback on every other point! It'd be cool for this thread to become an active place to discuss the "Unreleased Britney" subworld.

Edited by Jeremiah

Amazing work! A few ones to potentially add:

Take It Away - Stonecreek (original version of ‘I’m So Curious’)

Never Loved By You - BOMT (Max Martin)

Way It Is Loving You - BOMT (Eric Foster White & Micheal Henry)

I Was Born To Love You - BOMT/Oops (Eric Carmen Duet)

Asking For Trouble - Oops

Back Home - Oops (unfinished)

Too Much To Take - Oops

Full Force Tracks - Oops (18th Birthday spent in studio with them - Dec 1999)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irvine said:

what about song called "Turn on the night"- from Britney era, I vaguely remember even Max Martin talking about or someone like that. And lyrics for it have been online for like 20 years

It was rumoured that it was replaced by Anticipating.

Also, this guy that does that boring podcast OG Doll has access to the information about Britney's recording sessions for most of her albums. Maybe if someone asks him, he will share some information considering he's been blabbing about it on his podcast for the last few years (but never sharing any details).

11 hours ago, Irvine said:

what about song called "Turn on the night"- from Britney era, I vaguely remember even Max Martin talking about or someone like that. And lyrics for it have been online for like 20 years

From my understanding that song is an unconfirmed rumour. Apparently someone won a promo of Slave and it had a snippet of the alleged song on it and they posted the lyrics online but it’s never been confirmed. If Max Martin actually spoke about it I’d love to know when/where.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block