Does today's music have expiration date?

For instance, J Lo has just released a musical movie for his also released album last week. And for some reason I feel her new songs in 6 months to 1 year from now will already sound outdated or sound much less exciting. I feel that about other artists' music from today too. Songs like Michael's Bad, Britney's ...Baby One More Time or Phil Collins' In The Air don't really sound outdated at all. Or even early 2000s don't sound so aged, like Kelly Clarkson's Behind These Hazel Eyes or Avril's I'm with you. Or if they sound outdated they're more like classics then something old.

Maybe we feel that way because there's no distancing from how today's music sound - so they all sound pretty similar?

Maybe songs that were released 2 years ago are in between the fresh-new and classic-gold songs such as Madonna's Like a Prayer or Hung Up.

Anyone else has that impression too?

208250b29a6b4db7602442095ad34999.jpg

Spoiler

0b9672d0ec877ae3642ac8c33e3c8ac9.jpg

Edited by Fita

It's rare to get timeless songs stand out ...thing is it's an era thing too I feel with music in years to come it'll soon be showcased what songs will transcend the eras or just become a relic of the past 

Also the artists themselves either define the eras they make OR are defined by that one hit wonder style I mean look at dua lipa now for example and look at Katy Perry years ago ...milked for all they're worth then boom they're gone whereas others transcend like look at Perry's contemporaries Rihanna, Gaga, Swift are all going in different successful directions ...Lips I'm sure will be the same 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block