Throwback Thursday - Britney's 2000 VMA Performance

Decided to take a little stroll down memory lane and stumbled on this gem. Can't imagine being 18 years old and having to sit through people's criticism of you and how you should act (some things never change I suppose), but as always, Britney handles it with grace and maturity. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, PlatinumB said:

She always handled situations like that with class and grace. Which was one of the reasons I liked her from the jump! Some fans need to go back and take notes :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Interesting how some of the criticism then mirrors the same criticism I see here....:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 1

That’s literally the best pop performance of all time and it’s unbelievable that instead of getting massively praised for it she had to sit through that crap.  I don’t get it, nowadays you have so many talentless people with zero charisma and the most basic performances imaginable - and they don’t get any of that. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods

Poor those children that are basically just mimicking what their parents are thinking, why don’t they say what they feel instead of making their kids say it:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

we came out just fine lady, no one is dressing like her.

47 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

That’s literally the best pop performance of all time and it’s unbelievable that instead of getting massively praised for it she had to sit through that crap.  I don’t get it, nowadays you have so many talentless people with zero charisma and the most basic performances imaginable - and they don’t get any of that. 

I mean YES!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Puppy said:

Poor those children that are basically just mimicking what their parents are thinking, why don’t they say what they feel instead of making their kids say it:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

we came out just fine lady, no one is dressing like her.

true. It is shocking how many kids, literally, 3-4-5 years old, were waiting to see her in her performance in the 2000 today show. The VMA 2000 was a before and after in her career.

• Love 1

By the way that interview was used in "When s** Goes Pop" special/documentary of Mtv (after the Britney vmas of 00) with also Christina, Beyoncé, Madonna and other singers and actors of Hollywood

Part 2: https://youtu.be/bJ3G8W9B50c?si=8DzJq63nv3D5DEXB

And here again, 24 years later the female ***uality, feminism, s** in the music, etc... Are current controversial topics.

Edited by descg
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block