Do you think the deleted chapters from her book will ever be published?

I didn’t think the book was too incoherent, but it financially would be profitable if they do a re-release with additional chapters in a few months. I wonder if the chapters taken out have anything to do with her current legal stuff. Would be great to read them after all the legal drama comes to a close. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

Nothing in the book was incoherent, like damn will you ever give yourself a moment to come up for air for dragging her constantly? 

Girl, it's not about dragging. But about the publisher who removed these things because they did not want to be sued. Don't you know that book was delayed because of this? When I read that book, I literally seen how there was skipped many things and people. 

• Love 1

It's not incoherent. You are probably used to college essays with the logical structure of introduction, arguments and conclusion. It's a memoir! Certain names were not mentioned. Parts of chapters were probably removed due to her legal case.  She thanks Rosengart for helping her. 

One of her ghostwriters was Sam Lansky. I read the memoir of his teenage years, and he doesn't write a college essay either. Like in Britney's memoir, there is a loose timeline with emphasis on certain events.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

It's not incoherent. You are probably used to college essays with the logical structure of introduction, arguments and conclusion. It's a memoir! Certain names were not mentioned. Parts of chapters were probably removed due to her legal case.  She thanks Rosengart for helping her. 

One of her ghostwriters was Sam Lansky. I read the memoir of his teenage years, and he doesn't write a college essay either. Like in Britney's memoir, there is a loose timeline with emphasis on certain events.

I explained whole point in other comment here :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

1 hour ago, Wendy Williams said:

Girl, it's not about dragging. But about the publisher who removed these things because they did not want to be sued. Don't you know that book was delayed because of this? When I read that book, I literally seen how there was skipped many things and people. 

Just because things were left out that doesn't make the book itself incoherent though. I don't think you're using this word in the right context. Could there have been points in the book she could've elaborated on or added context to? Yes, but nothing in the book was incoherent. It was an overall easy and quick read, and flowed well from one chapter to the next. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

Just because things were left out that doesn't make the book itself incoherent though. I don't think you're using this word in the right context. Could there have been points in the book she could've elaborated on or added context to? Yes, but nothing in the book was incoherent. It was an overall easy and quick read, and flowed well from one chapter to the next. 

Almost nowhere does she point to what her mother, father, sister, other people involved did to her. She also doesn't mention any celebrities and other people in her life, or people like Lufti and others. She doesn't mention many events at all, she expresses herself rather vaguely about everything. I can feel a rough intervention there so that she doesn't talk about anyone in particular.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Almost nowhere does she point to what her mother, father, sister, other people involved did to her. She also doesn't mention any celebrities and other people in her life, or people like Lufti and others. She doesn't mention many events at all, she expresses herself rather vaguely about everything. I can feel a rough intervention there so that she doesn't talk about anyone in particular.

There's literally no reason for her to give every minute detail of all the bad things her family did. The book would be over 500 pages and the readers would lose interest. She gives enough backstory about her parents and her family's upbringing (her grandfather being abusive to her grandmother and allegedly being abusive to one of his step-kids, her father's instability as a parent, her mother's passiveness in not protecting her kids from her husband when he went on his violent tirades, her sister being spoiled) for the reader to surmise that they didn't care about her whenever she was going through her own personal struggles. And what celebrities are you even talking about? She mentions meeting Mariah Carey, talks about the influence Madonna had in her life when she was going through a hard time, how Robin Williams made her laugh. Like what purpose would it serve for her to name all these celebs she's met? And did you even read the book? She mentions Lufti, but doesn't use his name, as I'm sure, legally, she probably couldn't. I don't understand what your gripe is with the book, the points you shared in your own comments are vague and arbitrary. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

There's literally no reason for her to give every minute detail of all the bad things her family did. The book would be over 500 pages and the readers would lose interest. She gives enough backstory about her parents and her family's upbringing (her grandfather being abusive to her grandmother and allegedly being abusive to one of his step-kids, her father's instability as a parent, her mother's passiveness in not protecting her kids from her husband when he went on his violent tirades, her sister being spoiled) for the reader to surmise that they didn't care about her whenever she was going through her own personal struggles. And what celebrities are you even talking about? She mentions meeting Mariah Carey, talks about the influence Madonna had in her life when she was going through a hard time, how Robin Williams made her laugh. Like what purpose would it serve for her to name all these celebs she's met? And did you even read the book? She mentions Lufti, but doesn't use his name, as I'm sure, legally, she probably couldn't. I don't understand what your gripe is with the book, the points you shared in your own comments are vague and arbitrary. 

Why do you want to fight? I've explained my points, so accept or reject them. You should have only left the first half of the comment, the second half is offensive to me.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Why do you want to fight? I've explained my points, so accept or reject them. You should have only left the first half of the comment, the second half is offensive to me.

But you didn't explain anything. All you did was list things in the book you perceived to be inaccurate. You said she didn't mention everything her family did, I said there's no need to cause that would make the book longer and it's more important for her to get the main points across without going into too many details. You wrote she didn't mention any celebrities and I said she actually did, and listed the celebs. Nothing I wrote was offensive, but if that's how you want to interpret it, that's your problem then. 

I don't think so.

I think they wanted the book as clean as possible. Aside the abor**on story, everything else is very... bland.

It seems to want to justify way too much Jamie abusive behavior and everyone else from the family.

Losing too much time with Wikipedia informations about her career. 

It just seems not very personal at times.

The real important parts were rushed. The c-ship years had almost nothing, like it happened only for a year not more than a decade.

Even Lou's mention was meh...

Whatever they removed maybe it wasn't that revealing. It never seemed the real intention with this book.

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

^this

The original pre-order had more pages listed. This was a watered down cash grab hands down

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

It’s really weird how people attack anyone who has free thought outside of the narrative being pushed. The book wouldn’t be “too long & detailed” coming from a woman who’s voice was silenced for 13 years, people need to bffr

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

^this

The original pre-order had more pages listed. This was a watered down cash grab hands down

19 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

It’s really weird how people attack anyone who has free thought outside of the narrative being pushed. The book wouldn’t be “too long & detailed” coming from a woman who’s voice was silenced for 13 years, people need to bffr

Exactly!

I'd say that original book had over 400 pages.

And when it comes down to life from Britney Spears, so everybody would be interested and no matter if her book had 1000 pages :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.