Britney Spears official store announces 'Baby one more time' anniversary surprise for tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Last year I got a call that I was going to be looped into help oversee some of the official merch. Had a few conversations about it, then nada. 

I've tried to give my two cents, send in pitches, for literal years and for whatever reason I never make it passed first base. I could help elevate the ~Britney brand~, but it's clear Britney wants nothing to do with any of this (totally understandable), so whoever is in charge of this stuff is just throwing things at the wall and hoping something sticks (not trying to sound shady or bitter, but I'm sorry $400+ for a jacket is just not the vibe). This merch I could see being popular at a tour/show, but not at this point in her career. It needs to feel more catered to die-hard fans and not the general public. But what do I know :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

It’s so evident they don’t give a flying f about fans, surprised they even entertained your pitch tbh.. 

Anyone w/ taste and dignity wouldn’t buy this crap

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Last year I got a call that I was going to be looped into help oversee some of the official merch. Had a few conversations about it, then nada. 

I've tried to give my two cents, send in pitches, for literal years and for whatever reason I never make it passed first base. I could help elevate the ~Britney brand~, but it's clear Britney wants nothing to do with any of this (totally understandable), so whoever is in charge of this stuff is just throwing things at the wall and hoping something sticks (not trying to sound shady or bitter, but I'm sorry $400+ for a jacket is just not the vibe). This merch I could see being popular at a tour/show, but not at this point in her career. It needs to feel more catered to die-hard fans and not the general public. But what do I know :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

If you had these conversations outside the Epic Rights team, then most likely they were the ones that cut you off when they were notified. They don't work with fans, they have people for that and it's pretty understandable from a legal prespective. Imagine you can sue them if you prove the designs are yours or they were your ideas so they need to be covered.

I agree their merch is overpriced and they could improve their designs but they returned to working on the brand in 2023. Let's hope they can do a lot better in the future :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Like 2
  • Leader
47 minutes ago, PoisonParadise90 said:

It’s so evident they don’t give a flying f about fans, surprised they even entertained your pitch tbh.. 

Anyone w/ taste and dignity wouldn’t buy this crap

Lol interestingly I was asked, not the other way around :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

8 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

If you had these conversations outside the Epic Rights team, then most likely they were the ones that cut you off when they were notified. They don't work with fans, they have people for that and it's pretty understandable from a legal prespective. Imagine you can sue them if you prove the designs are yours or they were your ideas so they need to be covered.

I agree their merch is overpriced and they could improve their designs but they returned to working on the brand in 2023. Let's hope they can do a lot better in the future :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Yup that's probably the most likely scenario. Yes, they do have people for that, and no shade to them, but this is what we get as a result of not working with someone who has a better understanding of the market. Regarding the legal side of things... I hear you, but a contract could be easily drafted to protect them (and me) from any potential conflict. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yup that's probably the most likely scenario. Yes, they do have people for that, and no shade to them, but this is what we get as a result of not working with someone who has a better understanding of the market. Regarding the legal side of things... I hear you, but a contract could be easily drafted to protect them (and me) from any potential conflict. 

But what's Britney current market? I believe that's the 1 million dollar question

I see your point and I agree somewhat, but imagine going to Epic Rights and telling them 'hey, I have someone who might help you guys design Britney's merch'. It's a tough conversation to have imo and most likely the company would shut it down immediately, this is their job. 

Please don't take this as if I'm defending them, I work on a marketing company and I believe you too but I've had these type of situations in the past and never turned out well

Edited by pablitonizer

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.