Ava Max to sample Shakira’s “Whenever, Wherever.”

Well from the snippet it sounds like the same blue print he used for his song with Selena Gomez. 

I like Ava to a degree, but I’ve never seen an artist sample SO many other people’s hit songs. It comes off desperate for a hit for herself. Like maybe she didn’t write the song and it was all just presented to her, but I’m just so tired of the samplings :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Mmm I feel like Ava isn't very original. I like her tunes but My Head & My Heart, Kings & Queens and now this one, all sample songs...

She only is 2 albums into her career and already sampling songs left and right. Doesn't feel very authentic.

This also sounds like everything she has already put out. Again, I feel like she's stuck at creating the same music over and over again without properly exploring her music.

To compare with Britney, BOMT and Oops are similair but still sonically very different. The production is very different.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

Mmm I feel like Ava isn't very original. I like her tunes but My Head & My Heart, Kings & Queens and now this one, all sample songs...

She only is 2 albums into her career and already sampling songs left and right. Doesn't feel very authentic.

This also sounds like everything she has already put out. Again, I feel like she's stuck at creating the same music over and over again without properly exploring her music.

To compare with Britney, BOMT and Oops are similair but still sonically very different. The production is very different.

Hope she will dissappear as soon as possible. She is already boring since her first single :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Well from the snippet it sounds like the same blue print he used for his song with Selena Gomez. 

I like Ava to a degree, but I’ve never seen an artist sample SO many other people’s hit songs. It comes off desperate for a hit for herself. Like maybe she didn’t write the song and it was all just presented to her, but I’m just so tired of the samplings :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

If the songs were flops then it would be a problem but she is the blueprint for sampling. She does it better than anyone else and I’m fine with her sampling as long as she keeps delivering bops. She is single-handedly keeping pop alive with Dua 

56 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

If the songs were flops then it would be a problem but she is the blueprint for sampling. She does it better than anyone else and I’m fine with her sampling as long as she keeps delivering bops. She is single-handedly keeping pop alive with Dua 

Agree to disagree. I feel the majority of her singles are from samples and aren’t innovative in a way that reimagines the tunes like a Madonna- Hung Up did. Dua has been keeping Pop alive but Ava is basically keeping Pop alive for the gays. She hasn’t had commercial impact in a min. I’m not trying to come off as a hater because I do like her music and you can tell she’s studied her craft and respects the legends and her fans. But it’s just been too much sampling. I would just prefer more originality. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 2

PLEASE GOD CAN WE STOP SAMPLING?!?!?!  AND I MEAN EVERYONE STOP FüCKING SAMPLING!!! 

Music Producers: "Hmm what would Gen Z like?"

Music Executive: "MMmm I KNOW! Let's find a song that was huge when they were children that they have never heard of sample it and increase the speed for their tiny attention spans. And it can't be longer than 2:43 or they won't listen"

Uncreative Musician: "OMG YAS, I'll go put this on my tok tickler now!"

(A mediocre song with more samples than Costco is released that repeats the same words in the chorus 5 times becomes a Tok Tickler hit and everyone is doing stupid little dances).

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Agree to disagree. I feel the majority of her singles are from samples and aren’t innovative in a way that reimagines the tunes like a Madonna- Hung Up did. Dua has been keeping Pop alive but Ava is basically keeping Pop alive for the gays. She hasn’t had commercial impact in a min. I’m not trying to come off as a hater because I do like her music and you can tell she’s studied her craft and respects the legends and her fans. But it’s just been too much sampling. I would just prefer more originality. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I agree. I would also like to see the ages of people who enjoy samples and fast songs. I bet they were all born after 1998.  Just a hunch. 

11 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

And the gays are the ones eating pop music so I say she is doing her job. What I’m referring to is every song she samples is a great pop tune. May not have commercial impact, but it is still better than the other “pop” girls are releasing. As far as preferring originality, her last effort had loads of original content but still flopped. People want the samples 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.