Britney's memoir reclaims #1 spot in NYT Best Sellers

27 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

.....what? She is a living legend. You don't have to be currently successful to be taken into account. And she's lived a long and fulfilling life, so she's got lots of interesting things to tell. I'm 4% in and I'm already perched. The purpose of each book (Britney's and Barbra's) is different, and people can buy both. If you love reading memoirs (I DO)---hell, if you love READING (I DO), then both books are a pot of gold.

A living legend no one is checking for hence the poor book sales…

Barbra is a fantastic star and weeks at the top would've been a foregone conclusion if she hadn't waited quite so many decades to ink the deal, or even if she'd released at another time this year, although I confess I haven't bothered with the book. At 1000 pages, you're talking a serious investment and more mental bandwidth than most casuals can muster.

3 hours ago, darlingbud said:

Barbra is a fantastic star and weeks at the top would've been a foregone conclusion if she hadn't waited quite so many decades to ink the deal, or even if she'd released at another time this year, although I confess I haven't bothered with the book. At 1000 pages, you're talking a serious investment and more mental bandwidth than most casuals can muster.

Can you imagine if Britney included pictures in her book like Barbra, if would have been amazing, a fan's dream.

Maybe the publisher can release a special edition or something.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

Can you imagine if Britney included pictures in her book like Barbra, if would have been amazing, a fan's dream.

Yes please. For another sales boost, pics would be a lovely addition when it gets its wide release as a paperback. Let's hope.

9 hours ago, warioaddams said:

I was wondering the same, why it didn't include pictures. Not even the DWAD tour picture in my copy.

1 minute ago, Fita said:

I was wondering the same, why it didn't include pictures. Not even the DWAD tour picture in my copy.

It would have been great! Britney signed off on the final version in July or August 2023. There was no time left to get the rights to a whole bunch of good pictures. Maybe they didn't want to work on it beforehand because they didn't know if Britney would sign off at all.

Maybe she still had her father's voice in her had: Nobody will believe you. With all the negativity stuffed into her head, she may have been afraid the book wouldn't be a success. She must be so relieved by now. 

• Love 1
On 11/29/2023 at 11:55 PM, MikeHunt said:

I’m not familiar with her career but I know she’s a legend. I was shocked when I found some photos of her. It’s was giving me Britney I Love Rock n Roll vibes. (But obviously Barbra did it first). So I was like okay Barbra! I didn’t know she had a lil segx kitten in her when she was young.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I like these I found.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGRkX1_4pXN5_mqSAmrfu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8a3YzFD69jQhvgedUSwa

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0wD9xE_Gd2rmI_vexC1R

Edited by Fita
On 12/7/2023 at 2:23 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

A living legend no one is checking for hence the poor book sales…

So if no one were checking for Britney now then she shouldn't have released her book?
Some stories are worth being told, whether people buy them in quantities or not.
And if people don't have the time or the attention span necessary to read and finish a 1,000 pages book, then we can't expect them to be able to have deeper thoughts and make complex connections. That's worrying.
Britney's book with its 288 pages and her short sentences style of writing is perfect to achieve its intended purpose: to tell her story to everyone and get the facts straight ASAP. Barbra's book is meant to look back on a long life and huge career. If Britney ever released a book like that, I would read 2,000 pages of that. Cher is apparently planning on doing the same... I cannot wait.

7 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

So if no one were checking for Britney now then she shouldn't have released her book?
Some stories are worth being told, whether people buy them in quantities or not.
And if people don't have the time or the attention span necessary to read and finish a 1,000 pages book, then we can't expect them to be able to have deeper thoughts and make complex connections. That's worrying.
Britney's book with its 288 pages and her short sentences style of writing is perfect to achieve its intended purpose: to tell her story to everyone and get the facts straight ASAP. Barbra's book is meant to look back on a long life and huge career. If Britney ever released a book like that, I would read 2,000 pages of that. Cher is apparently planning on doing the same... I cannot wait.

After Britney's massive memoir, many artists are considering it: Cher, Xtina, etc 

Britney's always a trend setter  :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I have the attention span to read a 1000 page book. No one is saying they don’t. Do I or others have the attention span to read 1000 pages on someone that is popular with boomers? No. I’d read Cher’s book because even she had more of an impact on Millennials and I grew up knowing who she was. Babz though? Good luck to her.

16 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I have the attention span to read a 1000 page book. No one is saying they don’t. Do I or others have the attention span to read 1000 pages on someone that is popular with boomers? No. I’d read Cher’s book because even she had more of an impact on Millennials and I grew up knowing who she was. Babz though? Good luck to her.

I get your point, but I keep replying because I don't think you got mine. Barbra is an ACTRESS, and her music has always revolved around theatre. That's her field, her style. It's not for everyone. It's not a taste for the masses. So I don't expect her to be in the Top Ten on Billboard now, or on everyone's mouth or coffee table. But it's still worth the attention. I don't know, maybe it's just me, I always try to know what's going on around me, and what came before. Even if you only like current pop girlies, you cannot fully understand them without knowing what other female pop phenomenons did before them, because they were all influenced by them, whether consciously or not. In her book, Barbra does say that she isn't cut for media exposure; Cher, on the other hand, is one of the most charismatic and controversial people on the planet. Maybe that's what sells a book nowadays, the headlines. I still recommend you to read or start reading some of her book, because she's quite honest and funny and it helps you understand why someone is the way they are. That helps us be empathic. Britney somewhat goes there too in her own book to try to explain some current things in her life. It's a way of analyze a person's life, whoever that is, that I find very interesting and useful.

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Like 1

Barbra's book is still doing well, but it's a tight field this year. Many memoirs out and Barbra is better known to an older generation. Good thing is those old people read and are not scared by 1000 pages.

I checked successful memoirs from previous years. The ones written by celebrities with a difficult life experience do best. In that respect nobody has LIVED through a conservatorship of almost 14 years while performing successfully. Those probate conservatorships are usually for people with brain injuries, Alzheimers etc. The GP recognizes Britney's as a money grab by her father and his cohorts. It's the stuff of sinister novels and dark movies, but Britney tells it with humor. I highly recommend her book. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.