Britney's memoir reclaims #1 spot in NYT Best Sellers

2 hours ago, Fita said:

It must be good too, Barbra's book tho, huh? I'm curious. rock n roll love GIF by FilmStruck

I’m not familiar with her career but I know she’s a legend. I was shocked when I found some photos of her. It’s was giving me Britney I Love Rock n Roll vibes. (But obviously Barbra did it first). So I was like okay Barbra! I didn’t know she had a lil segx kitten in her when she was young.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Love 4

That book is good and so necessary! I'm so glad that it's selling well because it means that she's getting her message across.

Having said that, I can't believe Barbra's book didn't get to number 1 already, maybe it's the price? It has almost 1000 pages. She's a legend. I started reading it and it's actually very, very good! (so far, only 4% haha)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That book is good and so necessary! I'm so glad that it's selling well because it means that she's getting her message across.

Having said that, I can't believe Barbra's book didn't get to number 1 already, maybe it's the price? It has almost 1000 pages. She's a legend. I started reading it and it's actually very, very good! (so far, only 4% haha)

wow, 1000 pages?

weird. I thought it already kicked in #1.

Edited by Fita
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Girl it’s 1000 pages and unless you’re a hardcore stan nobody is reading that about someone whose light has long shined out. She’s an icon, but nobody is really checking for her. Britney’s story is one people have been salivating over for decades

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I think the length of it is the reason why it never hit #1. Britney's book is very palatable for the general reader. 

46 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Girl it’s 1000 pages and unless you’re a hardcore stan nobody is reading that about someone whose light has long shined out. She’s an icon, but nobody is really checking for her. Britney’s story is one people have been salivating over for decades

.....what? She is a living legend. You don't have to be currently successful to be taken into account. And she's lived a long and fulfilling life, so she's got lots of interesting things to tell. I'm 4% in and I'm already perched. The purpose of each book (Britney's and Barbra's) is different, and people can buy both. If you love reading memoirs (I DO)---hell, if you love READING (I DO), then both books are a pot of gold.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, sharkboy11 said:

I think the length of it is the reason why it never hit #1. Britney's book is very palatable for the general reader. 

I don't think it has to do with the length (Game of Thrones, anyone?), but the price maybe, though Barbra's fans are older people so one would assume they'd have money to buy it... Maybe not the eyesight for reading it heh

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.