The Sharks On Work B- Video Are Jamie Spears, Lou T. and Robyn Greenhill

Fita

princessmimi
This post was recognized by princessmimi!

"What a nice and well informed thread! Good job! :)"

Fita was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 6 points.

I was thinking about Work B-, Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean: all albums that were made during the conservatorship. Let's think about the "artistic" choices behind those. Starting with the first one we had after the conservatorship was put in place: Circus.

9cf77f23f8cf05ba55beebc3fcd9997f2f5f5234

928c0a8abebd87372ea23c2ae5ecaeb3d5eb90b4

The whole concept behind it was:

tumblr_n767xvLBAg1r9nlfxo1_250.gif

Lol, but seriously it was (I think) about the media and general public watching Britney and waiting for a spectacle even when was Brit's personal life struggles that was being exposed. Piece Of Me, the song, was kind of starting from there but POM was way more genuine imo. As the member Princess Mimi @princessmimi mentioned in another topic this week, Britney was treated like a circus animal. Like a f- race horse. Circus: she was trapped inside a circus stage to perform for a bunch of people paying for it. Sick. Isn't it?

tumblr_mqtllhTRII1ro1kpjo2_250.gifv

tumblr_pjcnsvPGOz1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

f0c61071aec9d582ba8f922aed49e3003c9852ce

a957cb36020495072d4974fc01ba5f46db8cd3d3

3bebcc1e77e99df06aff04897a155c45764e5852

af6a324e89f40ce1565e75c4717320837af89563

Okay, let's move foward to the Femme Fatale album: the concept as Britney said was about empowerment of women, confidence, encouraging women to be strong. We watched backdrops of FF tour where Britney acted as a badass femme fatale woman in disguises, beautiful and dangerous, running away from cops and FBI. We know Britney is a force of nature and was always on FIRE on stage. T-Con made it look like she was being that woman. According to TWIM, she wasn't. Or we can see it as an artistic way for Britney to be all what she couldn't be at the time. She needed to be, but couldn't. Maybe Britney was in charge of that artistic choice? It could be. Let's move to the next album.

tumblr_nqvzwwVL6P1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

tumblr_pjk3oiGUGK1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

Work B- from Britney Jean. Darn, okay, so we have a video where Britney cracks a whip on a woman's butt... Man, Britney was put on a conservatorship, she had to eat, dress and go only to places people on that team told her to. She wanted a break? Yas. She could, well, no. Work, B! And then we have Britney on a music video where she cracks a whip on a woman?? To get her to work? What? A woman to another woman? What? And then in the song we also hear:

fc5100e6aceb7efa5aeb34a8c26802afc0f13c09

You wanna hot body?

You wanna bugatti?

You wanna maseratti?

You better work, be-ech?

[...]

Look hot in a bikini, you better work b-

So here we have the assumption that there's is such a thing like a hot body, of course, we are considering beauty standards and let's be honest: like most of us Britney has always felt the pressure to stay straight in those standards. To work out and to work her S off. And then on BJ we have Britney cracking a whip on the direction of a woman? Why? Why would a woman do that to another? Is it what people did to Britney? Is it BDSM? This is almost the opposite of feminism, perhaps (don't come at me).

Also, it was a poor choice to put the word 'beech' on the song and explain it as a term of endearment for gay fans. I love Britney, but she was very alienated about that. But we can't blame her, she really was isolated at that time!

d5135fe7ec7397328b5b7e01c8ec540e5a181625

tumblr_om4aglNsQJ1w6cod7o1_500.gifv

Then on the scene where Britney cracks a whip on a woman's butt, Britney's belly/tummy was - supposedly, I think it's true - edited to make it look skinnier (remember the video with the comparisons?). You wanna hot body, you better work, b. Okay, this is unfair. You've got to work your S *** to have a hot body but then they edit Britney to look hot? Do you see what I mean? They should have kept B's body just as it was.

On Perfume video we can see that in the scene where she puts perfume all over her body in front of a mirror, she's sucking her tummy in. Britney has always been trying to fit, we all have. It's no different here. She has to look pretty and skinny. By the way, her father never failed to remind her that, right?

f630025b6bc2894faf7e74ead2ca6be40fe37503

Look, I know I might be reading into Britney's music and videos too much in a literal way. But for me, the music and the video itself (of that time) doesn't make any sense nor holds a real or true meaning. It sounds silly (or it's just for fun, for work out, for dance). But thinking about Britney's personal life and how people have treated her, well, yes, it makes sense. And it's cruel. But moving foward with the lyrics: spread the word. To spread the word about Britney's situation at the time? It could be Britney trying to tell us that? Maybe not. Maybe yes. Go call the police? That sounds familiar. Go call the governor? You mean, Britney's mom's friend from Louisiana?

We also have a Work B- scene with Britney in the center of a pool with three sharks. Are those three sharks: Jamie Spears, Lou Taylor and Robyn Greenhill? Again Britney is trapped. There's dangerous animals outside her, so all she can do is: dance, perform, look pretty, look into the camera, b-.

tumblr_oz0fhpSYM61us5kgqo2_540.gifv

tumblr_pjldftBp7Z1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

britney-spears.gif

So to finish it: I think we all can appreciate Britney's body of work made during the c-ship. We can appreciate how she managed to make music, shoot videos, be creative (in her way and as she could) and all while she was in a situation you don't want to be, but still, she was fighting to be alive, we could still see glimpses of our Britney here and there. Britney was f-ing strong!

tumblr_oz6p75DLEe1tw89w1o8_400.gifvtumblr_oz6p75DLEe1tw89w1o7_400.gifv

This looks like a conspiracy theory, I know. But it's MY perception and analysis as fan and as someone who cares about human rights, freedom and about what Britney has gone through all those years being a woman in the business (and struggling with her own choices, * plays overprotected * ). I think it could happen to anybody. And maybe that's just me trying to find a deep meaning in those songs and videos. Are you with me? It's okay if you're not. But if you disagree, be kind!

Bye! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

tumblr_orcbqpqwjW1r608gvo1_540.gifv

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Fita said:

I was thinking about Work B-, Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean: all albums that were made during the conservatorship. Let's think about the "artistic" choices behind those. Starting with the first one we had after the conservatorship was put in place: Circus.

9cf77f23f8cf05ba55beebc3fcd9997f2f5f5234

928c0a8abebd87372ea23c2ae5ecaeb3d5eb90b4

The whole concept behind it was:

tumblr_n767xvLBAg1r9nlfxo1_250.gif

Lol, but seriously it was (I think) about the media and general public watching Britney and waiting for a spectacle even when was Brit's personal life struggles that was being exposed. Piece Of Me, the song, was kind of starting from there but POM was way more genuine imo. As the member Princess Mimi @princessmimi mentioned in another topic this week, Britney was treated like a circus animal. Like a f- race horse. Circus: she was trapped inside a circus stage to perform for a bunch of people paying for it. Sick. Isn't it?

tumblr_mqtllhTRII1ro1kpjo2_250.gifv

tumblr_pjcnsvPGOz1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

f0c61071aec9d582ba8f922aed49e3003c9852ce

a957cb36020495072d4974fc01ba5f46db8cd3d3

3bebcc1e77e99df06aff04897a155c45764e5852

af6a324e89f40ce1565e75c4717320837af89563

Okay, let's move foward to the Femme Fatale album: the concept as Britney said was about empowerment of women, confidence, encouraging women to be strong. We watched backdrops of FF tour where Britney acted as a badass femme fatale woman in disguises, beautiful and dangerous, running away from cops and FBI. We know Britney is a force of nature and was always on FIRE on stage. T-Con made it look like she was being that woman. According to TWIM, she wasn't. Or we can see it as an artistic way for Britney to be all what she couldn't be at the time. She needed to be, but couldn't. Maybe Britney was in charge of that artistic choice? It could be. Let's move to the next album.

tumblr_nqvzwwVL6P1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

tumblr_pjk3oiGUGK1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

Work B- from Britney Jean. Darn, okay, so we have a video where Britney cracks a whip on a woman's butt... Man, Britney was put on a conservatorship, she had to eat, dress and go only to places people on that team told her to. She wanted a break? Yas. She could, well, no. Work, B! And then we have Britney on a music video where she cracks a whip on a woman?? To get her to work? What? A woman to another woman? What? And then in the song we also hear:

fc5100e6aceb7efa5aeb34a8c26802afc0f13c09

You wanna hot body?

You wanna bugatti?

You wanna maseratti?

You better work, be-ech?

[...]

Look hot in a bikini, you better work b-

So here we have the assumption that there's is such a thing like a hot body, of course, we are considering beauty standards and let's be honest: like most of us Britney has always felt the pressure to stay straight in those standards. To work out and to work her S off. And then on BJ we have Britney cracking a whip on the direction of a woman? Why? Why would a woman do that to another? Is it what people did to Britney? Is it BDSM? This is almost the opposite of feminism, perhaps (don't come at me).

Also, it was a poor choice to put the word 'beech' on the song and explain it as a term of endearment for gay fans. I love Britney, but she was very alieanated about that. But we can't blame her, she really was isolated at that time!

d5135fe7ec7397328b5b7e01c8ec540e5a181625

tumblr_om4aglNsQJ1w6cod7o1_500.gifv

Then on the scene where Britney cracks a whip on a woman's butt, Britney's belly/tummy was - supposedly, I think it's true - edited to make it look skinnier (remember the video with the comparisons?). You wanna hot body, you better work, b. Okay, this is unfair. You've got to work your S *** to have a hot body but then they edit Britney to look hot? Do you see what I mean? They should have kept B's body just as it was.

On Perfume video we can see that in the scene where she puts perfume all over her body in front of a mirror, she's sucking her tummy in. Britney has always been trying to fit, we all have. It's no different here. She has to look pretty and skinny. By the way, her father never failed to remind her that, right?

f630025b6bc2894faf7e74ead2ca6be40fe37503

Look, I know I might be reading into Britney's music and videos too much in a literal way. But for me, the music and the video itself (of that time) doesn't make any sense nor holds a real or true meaning. It sounds silly (or it's just for fun, for work out, for dance). But thinking about Britney's personal life and how people have treated her, well, yes, it makes sense. And it's cruel. But moving foward with the lyrics: spread the word. To spread the word about Britney's situation at the time? It could be Britney trying to tell us that? Maybe not. Maybe yes. Go call the police? That sounds familiar. Go call the governor? You mean, Britney's mom's friend from Louisiana?

We also have a Work B- scene with Britney in the center of a pool full (three of them) of sharks. Again Britney is trapped. There's dangerous animals outside her, so all she can do is: dance, perform, look pretty, look into the camera, b-.

tumblr_oz0fhpSYM61us5kgqo2_540.gifv

tumblr_pjldftBp7Z1qc5i9so1_500.gifv

britney-spears.gif

So to finish it: I think we all can appreciate Britney's body of work made during the c-ship. We can appreciate how she managed to make music, shoot videos, be creative (in her way and as she could) and all while she was in a situation you don't want to be, but still, she was fighting to be alive, we could still see glimpses of our Britney here and there. Britney was f-ing strong!

tumblr_oz6p75DLEe1tw89w1o8_400.gifvtumblr_oz6p75DLEe1tw89w1o7_400.gifv

This looks like a conspiracy theory, I know. But it's MY perception and analysis as fan and as someone who cares about human rights, freedom and about what Britney has gone through all those years being a woman in the business (and struggling with her own choices, * plays overprotected * ). I think it could happen to anybody. And maybe that's just me trying to find a deep meaning in those songs and videos. Are you with me? It's okay if you're not. But if you disagree, be kind!

Bye! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

tumblr_orcbqpqwjW1r608gvo1_540.gifv

Wow what a very well written thread, I like it :)

You forgot to mention Glory though.

But yeah I agree with everything you wrote even about Work Bich.

I think that song has aged poorly but not because of the sound and quality of the song but because of the lyrics.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Team Con hired someone to write this as a message to Britney and she was forced to perform it.

Also there was a lot of symbolism in her videos during the conservatorship especially with what you presented.

I just can't believe that the evidence of her abuse was right in our faces yet we didn't do anything about it

but then again we did not know about how bad and abusive the conservatorship really was.

Sometimes I do feel guilty for going to her Vegas show twice, buying her albums and any merch during the conservatorship but honestly I did not know and at that time, it made me happy and I have memories of that.

At least I got to see her in concert twice before she retired.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Wow what a very well written thread, I like it :)

You forgot to mention Glory though.

But yeah I agree with everything you wrote even about Work Bich.

I think that song has aged poorly but not because of the sound and quality of the song but because of the lyrics.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Team Con hired someone to write this as a message to Britney and she was forced to perform it.

Also there was a lot of symbolism in her videos during the conservatorship especially with what you presented.

I just can't believe that the evidence of her abuse was right in our faces yet we didn't do anything about it

but then again we did not know about how bad and abusive the conservatorship really was.

Sometimes I do feel guilty for going to her Vegas show twice, buying her albums and any merch during the conservatorship but honestly I did not know and at that time, it made me happy and I have memories of that.

At least I got to see her in concert twice before she retired.

Yes, you don't have to feel guilty! But I get it. But imagine Britney would understand and she loves her fans and she knows you were there for the music and dance and that you didn't know about that cship abuse at all, or wasn't sure, etc, just like it took a while for her to realize some stuff.

I didn't mention Glory because, well, Glory is a whole 'nother era. Britney looked confident. Prettier. Se-x-ier. And although I believe she wasn't exactly on her glory days, she was trying to reach better shinnier days. Like she says: with confidence, it makes you think better, clearer. And the fact that it was her boys who named it. She was trying to make it all hers. And that reflected on her playing more with the songs and the sounds of it. But with circus, ff and BJ, she seemed more fragile, scared. But I don't wanna forget the beautiful things from those years, because there was like... Um... :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:The moments with the boys and little moments of creativity and some great moments onstage. Nothing is just bad or good, you know. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: 

And hey, thank you for reading it all. At first I didn't mention your @ just for you to read it and find your name by surprise. And I didn't want to try so hard. But it's really nice when you give me your support, know that. xxxoooo :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Fita said:

Yes, you don't have to feel guilty! But I get it. But imagine Britney would understand and she loves her fans and she knows you were there for the music and dance and that you didn't know about that cship abuse at all, or wasn't sure, etc, just like it took a while for her to realize some stuff.

I didn't mention Glory because, well, Glory is a whole 'nother era. Britney looked confident. Prettier. Se-x-ier. And although I believe she wasn't exactly on her glory days, she was trying to reach better shinnier days. Like she says: with confidence, it makes you think better, clearer. And the fact that it was her boys who named it. She was trying to make it all hers. And that reflected on her playing more with the songs and the sounds of it. But with circus, ff and BJ, she seemed more fragile, scared. But I don't wanna forget thet beautiful things from those years, because there was like... Um... The moments with the boys and little moments of creativity and onstage. Nothing is just bad or good, you know. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: Hey, thank you for reading it all. At first I didn't mention your @ just for you to read it and find your name by surprise. And I didn't want to try so hard. But it's really nice when you give me your support, know that. xxxoooo :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Yeah of course.

Do you really think any fan would support her if they knew about her being abused?

Yeah Glory felt like the first album since Blackout that REALLY was "Britney".

Which makes sense considering she had full control over it.

Of course :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I like talking to you on here, you're very nice :) 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah of course.

Do you really think any fan would support her if they knew about her being abused?

Yeah Glory felt like the first album since Blackout that REALLY was "Britney".

Which makes sense considering she had full control over it.

Of course :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I like talking to you on here, you're very nice :) 

:whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: Aw, you're welcome anytime, haha. I like talking to you too, it's always very pleasing and kind conversation.

So I changed the title of this topic. It's something really sassy now, lol. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block