Where's JLo's new album?

Fita

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: is this true? 

Also wow she stole vocals from Brandy?

On which song? 

Well, Christian Milian's vocals carry the entire chorus of 'Play.' If you listen to it, you'll hear easily that none of Jen's singing is on that song's chorus. Pretty silly. As for Brandy, maybe the song 'Louboutins'? Brandy recorded it before Jennifer. It was Jennifer that officially released the song. 

If anyone's curious to hear a somewhat recent example of Jennifer's singing with little to no studio interference, I'd recommend they listen to her live cover of 'Vivir Mi Vida' which is only available on Spotify. She has a nice voice. I won't deny though the speculations of ghost-singing at times in her career. 

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Well, Christian Milian's vocals carry the entire chorus of 'Play.' If you listen to it, you'll hear easily that none of Jen's singing is on that song's chorus. Pretty silly. As for Brandy, maybe the song 'Louboutins'? Brandy recorded it before Jennifer. It was Jennifer that officially released the song. 

If anyone's curious to hear a somewhat recent example of Jennifer's singing with little to no studio interference, I'd recommend they listen to her live cover of 'Vivir Mi Vida' which is only available on Spotify. She has a nice voice. I won't deny though the speculations of ghost-singing at times in her career. 

Oh yeah I knew about Christina's vocals on Play.

Heck I don't think JLO has sang alot of her early work,

which is a shame cause I love her 90s and early 2000s music.

I'm not sure why but her music now is not the same and not as good as it used to be.

Idk if its because she actually sings her music now or is a trend chaser but

the only music from the past 15 years I actually like from her is On The Floor and the rest of the Love? Album.

The rest is not that great tbh.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I'm not sure why but her music now is not the same and not as good as it used to be.

the only music from the past 15 years I actually like from her is On The Floor and the rest of the Love? Album.

IMO, a ton of her music is filler. I probably like around 15% of her music. If you feel her music has changed, it would probably be about different songwriters back then vs. more recent years. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yeah I knew about Christina's vocals on Play.

Heck I don't think JLO has sang alot of her early work,

which is a shame cause I love her 90s and early 2000s music.

+ Ain't Your Mama :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I remember how I isolated from JLo version all vocals from Meghan demo and there was 90% of it in main vocals, adlibs :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

IMO, a ton of her music is filler. I probably like around 15% of her music. If you feel her music has changed, it would probably be about different songwriters back then vs. more recent years. 

Yeah my fave songs from her are: On The Floor, All I Have, Waiting For Tonight, No Me Ames, Get Right,Papi, Ain't It Funny remix and I'm Real remix.

Whoever made those songs, she should go back to working with them cause in my opinion, those are some of her best songs.

I actually did like the soundtrack to her movie Marry Me

although alot of the songs sounded the same.

In my opinion she doesn't have a good ear for quality music,

she goes for what's popular in the moment.

I mean just look at all the collabs she's had in the past decade:

alot of them are artists who were popular at one point but now aren't 

like Pitbull, Iggy Azalea, Prince Royce, etc.

I mean like I said I do like her music but its not really quality compared to other arists especially from her time.

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, Tiffany.Pollard said:

You can hear ALL here :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

OMG you're right! :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I just heard the official JLO version and it is basically Meghan!

:queenie_falling_dying_dead::dead_falling_wig_dying:

How was she able to still have a music career after all this time?

Plus honestly the lyrics of the song are cringey and bad.

I get the female empowerment message but this song just ain't it. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

OMG you're right! :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I just heard the official JLO version and it is basically Megan!

:queenie_falling_dying_dead::dead_falling_wig_dying:

How was she been able to still have a music career after all this time?

Plus honestly the lyrics of the song are cringey and bad.

I get the female empowerment message but this song just ain't it. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

JLo's career was built in Britney Jean alnum style. But her "personal Myah" are many singers.

Also Meghan is ripping-off her old stuff again and again :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Tiffany.Pollard said:

JLo's career was built in Britney Jean alnum style. But her "personal Myah" are many singers.

Also Meghan is ripping-off her old stuff again and again :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Lol you would think she would only use 1 "Myah" throughout her entire career but it shows she doesn't think much when it comes to the creation of her music.

Oh yeah definitely.

Meghan is a one trick pony.

I mean the whole 50's throwback pop sound was great in 2014-2015 but it should STAY in there!

Why do the same type of music for the rest of your career?

That's boring!

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, IsraeliMatt said:

@princessmimi Yeah, she has some good songs, but I definitely wouldn't say she's particularly impressive as a musical artist. She doesn't have a strong creative vision. She's got some good bops in her discography though. 

Yeah tbh she is more of a show girl/entertainer.

She's lucky she's hot and can dance cause I don't think her music career would've taken off if it weren't for those things.

Also the fact that her music career started because Tommy Motolla wanted to market her as the new 'Mariah'.

( Which is ironic cause she can't sing like her)

I will say that she is better at acting than singing.

I truly enjoy her movies especially Selena.

She should focus more on acting imo.

@princessmimi I do think she's a good actress. I always find it odd when people suggest otherwise. I agree her s** appeal and dancing ability launched her music career more than her singing ability. I'd argue it was probably the motivating factor of her record deal. And that's not a criticism because her music career succeeded, so she and her label made good, marketable decisions. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.