Look What You Made Me Do (Taylor's Version)- PREVIEW!

7 hours ago, pieceofphil said:

Yeah, but she usually can't straight use the same instrumental she used before as she doesn't own the rights to that either and just re record her stuff.

She needs to re-compose the song and re-do the arrangement too, hence why the other re-recordings slightly differ in instrumentalization, which I can't hear any of that here.

That's actually not true. She wrote the songs, she can record them as true to original as she wants. The only issue, which isn't really an issue, is that they are instantly comparable. She has chosen her team of producers to work on the new versions, and while instruments may be similar, they might not be identical. Rep may be the exception as while Max Martin was involved, so was Jack Antonoff, so he'd have access to instruments and synths used.

49 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

That's actually not true. She wrote the songs, she can record them as true to original as she wants. The only issue, which isn't really an issue, is that they are instantly comparable. She has chosen her team of producers to work on the new versions, and while instruments may be similar, they might not be identical. Rep may be the exception as while Max Martin was involved, so was Jack Antonoff, so he'd have access to instruments and synths used.

No, it's still cheap as ****.

• Super Mods

You know the thing is I did believe about Taylor not owning her original masters at first but now I feel like she's REALLY milking the re-recordings for all that its worth.

There is literally NO difference between this version of LWYMMD and the original, she just labeled (Taylor's Version) on it.

Lets be real,

If her Fearless and Red re-recordings flopped, 

she would've never made more re-recordings.

She knows she's making more off of these albums than new content especially due to nostalgia.

However I will admit I LOVE her re-recording of Speak Now although I still think it was unnecessary to change the lyrics in the chorus of Better Than Revenge but hey that's my opinion.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, princessmimi said:

You know the thing is I did believe about Taylor not owning her original masters at first but now I feel like she's REALLY milking the re-recordings for all that its worth.

There is literally NO difference between this version of LWYMMD and the original, she just labeled (Taylor's Version) on it.

Lets be real,

If her Fearless and Red re-recordings flopped, 

she would've never made more re-recordings.

She knows she's making more off of these albums than new content especially due to nostalgia.

However I will admit I LOVE her re-recording of Speak Now although I still think it was unnecessary to change the lyrics in the chorus of Better Than Revenge but hey that's my opinion.

Well it's a win win win win situation. She gets coverage and the younger audience gets to listen to her old albums, her label has no problems backing the re recordings as they are successful, the fans have something to talk about and the haters gonna hate hate hate.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.