Pop’s playful provocateur, Doja Cat, GRACES the cover of V Magazine

In V Magazine’s limited edition cover of V143, pop’s playful provocateur, rap princess and fashionista, Doja Cat, gives us an inside look into her career, inspirations, music, creative realms, and upcoming projects amongst other topics after the global successes of ‘Hot Pink’ and ‘Planet Her’. 

spacer.png

She states: “I have thrown fits my whole career because I have been making music that didn’t allow me to have a mental release. I have been making music that is palatable, marketable, and sellable, that has allowed me to be where I am. Now I am making music that allows me to express the way I feel about the world around me.”

spacer.png

“We are all really ******* weird, and we are all trying to hide it, or afraid to do certain things, hiding it due to our upbringing. It is for sure something that is part of my message, to inspire people that think that they can't be what they want to be because they are told by others that they can’t.”

spacer.png

Doja Cat also took the time to speak about her upcoming projects: “These upcoming projects are going to be very different compared to everything I have done and I am excited about that. I do not care if people are not.” She also says that she would like to dive into acting and open an art gallery to show her paintings and sculptures.

spacer.png

Full Link: 

HEDI_SLIMANE_VMAG_DOJA_06_Digital-1024x1
VMAGAZINE.COM

Music’s reigning queen of playful provocation lets the world in on her next act

• Love 2

Her tour is almost sold out, too. Is she the first female rapper since Nicki to embark on a solo tour? Doja is the embodiment of a secure woman and I appreciate her for that. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:
Attention is the type of song I’d normally bop to, but for some reason I’m having a hard time getting into it(yuh). It’s so different from her previous songs that I don’t know what to think about this style of rapping. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Style. said:

Her tour is almost sold out, too. Is she the first female rapper since Nicki to embark on a solo tour? Doja is the embodiment of a secure woman and I appreciate her for that. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:
Attention is the type of song I’d normally bop to, but for some reason I’m having a hard time getting into it(yuh). It’s so different from her previous songs that I don’t know what to think about this style of rapping. 

I STAN DOJA SO BAD. I WANT TO SEE HER LIVE. :bouncey:

• Super Mods
19 hours ago, Joshyworld said:
  Hide contents

She's honestly in a league of her own and these are some great starters aside from 'Say So'. Lmk what you think. :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:

Hey I just listened to all the songs and I like them all.

The ones that I really like are Like That and Best Friend.

They're awesome songs! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.