Anyone else ever realize how unrecognizable and different Britney looks in the BOMT video?

3 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I actually had a fight with my cousin over this as a kid, I swore up and down that she was a latina! :clownery_makeup_meme:

In my defense, I had just moved here from Poland where everyone is one shade of white. 

It was always a weird contrast to me because Britney looks more like an Italian girl from New Jersey than like your stereotype white girl next door from the US south (since she looks like Lynne and nothing like Jamie thankfully). Her look contrasts greatly with the media image of her in the early years as the all-American Southern girl next door.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, ifuseekcody said:

Hair and makeup play a big part. Also, the shape of her brows were very different in the BOMT video compared to the Oops video. By the time the Oops video was filmed her brows had a more pronounced arch and were a bit thinner compared to the BOMT era. 

But in Crazy she looks more like in Oops.. so when did they change her makeup and style? Between Sometimes and Crazy? Or between Baby and Sometimes?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

It was always a weird contrast to me because Britney looks more like an Italian girl from New Jersey than like your stereotype white girl next door from the US south (since she looks like Lynne and nothing like Jamie thankfully). Her look contrasts greatly with the media image of her in the early years as the all-American Southern girl next door.

Facts. Also, with how deep and soulful her voice sounded in “BOMT”, there was no way in my mind she was a Southern white girl! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

Facts. Also, with how deep and soulful her voice sounded in “BOMT”, there was no way in my mind she was a Southern white girl! 

In the album version of Crazy even more so - I wish they allowed her to sing that way more often, she does have a deep and soulful voice!

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, TasiaBoticelli said:

Her mom is part Maltese, they have more olive skin. I think she made her features more appealing to the all American next door look over time.

I mentioned this earlier actually! If anyone sees where Malta is located and knows its history (prior to its independence it was historically part of Sicily, and is located between the main island of Sicily and Tunisia), it should be obvious why Lynne and Britney look how they do. If you look at Britney the older she got, the less Italian she looked and the more "all American girl" lol

I actually was shocked to first learn about the large Italian American populations in Louisiana where she is from. Most of whom are from Sicily or Malta and have been there since before Italian unification or Maltese independence.

Edited by Dcarp999
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, filmandstage13 said:

I’ve always thought one thing that was unique, fascinating, and wonderful about Britney is how different she can look from year to year, video to video, photoshoot to photoshoot, and still be incredibly recognizable.

Just my two cents.

What's crazy is how different she looks within the same music videos.

The schoolgirl outfit and dancing in the gym in BOMT looks like two different people. 

In Oops, the red jumpsuit and lying down wearing all white looks like two different people. 

She's magical, I'm telling you. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.