Nicki Minaj's label Heavy On It...do you think it'll succeed?

Probably not. She's not a particularly savvy person much less a good businesswoman. The only thing that she has to her benefit is that she's somehow still able to network with big names despite her own reputation being highly questionable, but I suspect that it would mostly be newer artists who don't know much about the music industry who would even take the risk of joining her label anyways.

I suspect that in a few years her business venture will flop worse than Tidal and some of the artists that she does manage to gather will sue her for one reason or another. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Probably not. She's not a particularly savvy person much less a good businesswoman. The only thing that she has to her benefit is that she's somehow still able to network with big names despite her own reputation being highly questionable, but I suspect that it would mostly be newer artists who don't know much about the music industry who would even take the risk of joining her label anyways.

I suspect that in a few years her business venture will flop worse than Tidal and some of the artists that she does manage to gather will sue her for one reason or another. :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:

I can’t say I disagree, but let’s get one thing straight: Nicki Minaj is clearly a good businesswoman. Nicki is literally the Madonna of female rap, she’s achieving and breaking new heights as we speak. Who would’ve thought female rap could be a viable business? Nicki’s new artist has worked on Renaissance by Beyoncé so technically she has under her wing a Grammy winner artist. :typing_keyboard_computer:
We will see if it’s going to last! 

Edited by Style. In Moscow
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, JordeezyIZGolden said:

I think its gonna be a real challenge to keep it going. I hope she has a team of good people around her. 

Tate Kobang is a new talented producer signed to Nick’s ‘Heavy On It’. He’s one of the producers of Virgo’s Groove and Red Ruby, the latter is already a Gold single. Kinda excited for Nicki tbh. She’s just a bad bich!

To start, the name is so off, I don't like it :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

I saw a comment saying "wait when Nicki starts beef with her own artists" :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: that was so funny LMAO

It's a smart move tho~ I do wonder how the label will do. I don't remember many artists' labels producing big names or getting same level artists with time, so wait and see. But smart woman.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Style. In Moscow said:

I can’t say I disagree, but let’s get one thing straight: Nicki Minaj is clearly a good businesswoman. Nicki is literally the Madonna of female rap, she’s achieving and breaking new heights as we speak. Who would’ve thought female rap could be a viable business? Nicki’s new artist has worked on Renaissance by Beyoncé so technically she has under her wing a Grammy winner artist. :typing_keyboard_computer:
We will see if it’s going to last! 

I'm not sure though...
I mean she's incredibly talented and the music is top tier but the roll out was usually a mess.

50 minutes ago, nux1989 said:

I'm not sure though...
I mean she's incredibly talented and the music is top tier but the roll out was usually a mess.

The rollout is a mess and all over the place. I understand that she has to feed both of her supporters which are pop and rap fans… but after Super Freaky Girl I expected another pop-rap song. I love Red Ruby but it doesn’t make any sense…

Probably not, I don't think it's a good idea for any musician that's focusing on their own careers to try and manage others, they won't reach their full potential... I know they hire people for all of that... But, let's be real, those artists will most likely be held back in favor of the artist who OWNS the label and is also a client, not saying it's not ok for new artists, but probably not a good choice for someone to stay with long-term, but idk, she might be different from the other artist labels...:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Like 2

Nicki has done some pretty successful business ventures so far, so she could do fine with this. However, given how messy anything connected to a name "Nicki Minaj" can get, I feel like sooner or later someone will turn their back on her just like Latto, Belcalis or some else have done. And then imagine that juicy beef between a manager & managed :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Orr I may get surprised so much it will turn exceptionally well & Nicki Minaj will became a household name not only among performing artists but also as a label owner. Imagine Igloo, Azealia, & other rap girls running to / back to Onika just to be signed in her label :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: k, i'm going back to reality from my delulu cloud

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.