Shania's Apple Music interview is so interesting - she wants to work with her ex again...

Shania's Apple Music interview is so good! 

She discusses working with Mutt Lang, missing her opportunity to make an album with Prince when she lost her voice and how her son thinks he is too cool to work with her. 

Would you like to her Shania and Mutt work together again? Are you sad that we never got a Shania/Prince collab? I am!!! 

Edited by jordeezy
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Shania's Apple Music interview is so good! 

She discusses working with Mutt Lang, missing her opportunity to make an album with Prince when she lost her voice and how her son thinks he is too cool to work with her. 

Would you like to her Shania and Mutt work together again? Are you sad that we never got a Shania/Prince collab? I am!!! 

If she release anything without heavily edited and hard effected voice, then why not.

• Love 2

Its interesting because in her documentary, she did not even mention his cheating! and now she wants to work with him? I guess they are in good terms now.

There are many talented people out there, it doesnt have to be him, I dont know why shes not finding the right people.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

She’s been OBSESSED with her ugly ex since FOREVER and I truly don’t understand what is so remarkable about him. 

Shania lost her parents when she was young and she had to help raise her siblings...I think her ex kinda helped her grow. He was older and more established. The breakup was traumatic for her and honestly it was probably an unhealthy dynamic. All things happen for a reason. 

Edited by jordeezy
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Shania lost her parents when she was young and she had to help raise her siblings...I think her ex kinda helped her grow. He was older and more established. The breakup was traumatic for her and honestly it was probably an unhealthy dynamic. All things happen for a reason. 

She just answered a question, shes not a obsessed w him lol

• Like 1

I love Shania, and her first album without him wasn’t too terrible. My dad had the albums and it was bad. Not as bad as Now and Queen of Me, but Shania needs Mutt. Mutt needs Shania. They need to find a compromise and meet in the middle somewhere. I’d be very much happy if they worked together.

• Love 2

I love this interview!!
She named two of her favorite songs that she has written and recorded! "I'm Jealous" and "Forever and for Always" (both from 2002's from "Up!").
And I just found out that "Number One" was originally a song by her son Eja!
The new album is actually very good, she's getting there! I can see why she said she would like to work again with Mutt but @jordeezy nailed it about it being a very important relationship for her (though not necessarily good for her in the long term).
I love how IN LOVE she's with music all the time... That strikes me so much. She thinks about and breathes music all the time.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, IJustWantHer2BeHAPPY said:

If she release anything without heavily edited and hard effected voice, then why not.

It’s fully her production team. On her recent features she’s a LOT less auto-tuned and robotic. Take “Legends Never Die” with gay country icon Orville Peck as an example. They both sound great (probably because it was Orville’s song, so his team decided how to edit her vocals.)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SpookyFish13 said:

It’s fully her production team. On her recent features she’s a LOT less auto-tuned and robotic. Take “Legends Never Die” with gay country icon Orville Peck as an example. They both sound great (probably because it was Orville’s song, so his team decided how to edit her vocals.)

What?! I just find out about thus... I'm blown away! I love the song, and she looks and sounds incredible! You're right about her voice sounding the most natural here! I obviously know her voice has changed a lot but it seems from this that production is more important than I thought... ugh I wish her producers would treat her voice as they did here, more natural, relaxes, raw. It actually sounds very country that way, and I like Orville's but next to Shania he sounds pleasant but flat.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block