What if Britney took the singer-songwriter route instead of pop?

What if Britney took the singer-songwriter route and made more folk-pop/piano ballads instead a la Fiona Apple, Sarah McLachlan, Natalie Cole, Sheryl Crow, Jewel, etc.?

Would she have still made her mark on the music industry and be regarded as a legend in her own respective right or would she have simply faded into obscurity?

Would that have also meant artists like Jessica, Mandy and Willa would have found more success? Would Christina Aguilera have been the reigning princess of pop instead? Surely, someone would have had to fill the gap of pop’s revival if it wasn’t Britney. 

Thoughts?

britney-spears-fryderyk-gabowicz-picture

• Love 2

She would have never gotten any max Martin big tracks and she would have won best new artist at the awards, she would have only a huge debut or sophomore album only she would flop with every release until she wouldn’t release anymore just tour small venues like jazz clubs and coffee shops 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Joshyworld said:

It's not a 'yes' or 'no' question though. Are your batteries malfunctioning again? madonna.gif

22 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Would she have still made her mark on the music industry and be regarded as a legend in her own respective right or would she have simply faded into obscurity?

Would that have also meant artists like Jessica, Mandy and Willa would have found more success? Would Christina Aguilera have been the reigning princess of pop instead? Surely, someone would have had to fill the gap of pop’s revival if it wasn’t Britney. 

Both of those questions are yes or no questions? Did you not read your own thread? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

My batteries malfunctioning? You’re already skating on thin ice since your last vacation and I would highly advise you to watch how you engage within the community. 

Thank you! :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Haha 2

I don't think so, Britney is a very physical person, and impulsive, whereas (song)writing is a much intelectual activity that needs time and polishment. However, I'm surprised and delighted to have discovered this new introspective aspect of her whenever she shares all her thoughts on Instagram, so she definitely could do it if she ever set her mind to it, but if I know something about writing songs (or anything if you wanted to be good at it) is that you have to PERSEVERE. Unless you have an immense God-given talent, everything else requires a lot of time and work to fully develop, and I don't think Britney even takes regular singing classes, which saddens me because there's always something to improve or new to learn...

Edited by bitbitboi
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Both of those questions are yes or no questions? Did you not read your own thread? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

My batteries malfunctioning? You’re already skating on thin ice since your last vacation and I would highly advise you to watch how you engage within the community. 

Thank you! :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Not you highlighting parts of the questions in order for it to fit your 'yes' or 'no' narrative. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

Again, this wasn't a 'yes' or 'no question. Now I suggest you stay on topic and refrain from steering off topic any further.

Thank you!

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods

Not you highlighting parts of the questions in order for it to fit your 'yes' or 'no' narrative. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

Again, this wasn't a 'yes' or 'no question. Now I suggest you stay on topic and refrain from steering off topic any further.

Thank you!

I am responding to your comments though? How embarrassing. For you :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: You’re the only one derailing here as you derailed with your reply to my comment, which was in response to your questions. I actually was taking part in your thread and you didn’t feel it was a qualified answer  :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I commented my answer “yes” agreeing with your questions. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the gif response of my answer but that’s just too bad and not my problem :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: There is no need to behave this type of way.

I would suggest you dropping this act/convo and to continue on with your thread 🤍

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

I am responding to your comments though? How embarrassing. For you :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: You’re the only one derailing here as you derailed with your reply to my comment, which was in response to your questions. I actually was taking part in your thread and you didn’t feel it was a qualified answer  :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I commented my answer “yes” agreeing with your questions. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the gif response of my answer but that’s just too bad and not my problem :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: There is no need to behave this type of way.

I would suggest you dropping this act/convo and to continue on with your thread 🤍

Except you spamming the same 3 or 4 gifs is not a qualified answer and brings nothing of value to the thread. Again, it wasn't a 'yes' or 'no' question. It clearly states "what if Britney took the singer-songwriter route instead of pop?" Are we clear?! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

Except you spamming the same 3 or 4 gifs is not a qualified answer and brings nothing of value to the thread. Again, it wasn't a 'yes' or 'no' question. It clearly states "what if Britney took the singer-songwriter route instead of pop?" Are we clear?! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Ok? And I answered your QUESTIONS within the thread with a simple yes. Get over yourself. Log off :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Super Mods

Nice try except king @SlayOut will not allow for that! Now simmer down so others can have a chance to contribute to this thread!

Others can most definitely still contribute. I am responding to your derailed comments towards myself that are not the vibe. You can stop anytime.
@SlayOut also knows that if a mod acts, it’s not to be reversed. You are out of line here and are upset over me using a gif? How sad. 

It’s clear you have spent far too much time on here. Any further behaviour like such from you  will result in warning points. 

This is the last time I will be telling you to engage within the community respectfully. 

• Haha 1
Just now, GlitterRain said:

Others can most definitely still contribute. I am responding to your derailed comments towards myself that are not the vibe. You can stop anytime.
@SlayOut also knows that if a mod acts, it’s not to be reversed. You are out of line here and are upset over me using a gif? How sad. 

It’s clear you have spent far too much time on here. Any further behaviour like such from you  will result in warning points. 

This is the last time I will be telling you to engage within the community respectfully. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block