[POLL] Which Darkchild Top 3 hit of the late 90s and early 00s is your favorite: "The Boy Is Mine", "Angel of Mine", "If You Had My Love", "Say My Name", or "He Wasn't Man Enough"?

Which Darkchild produced Billboard Hot 100 Top 3 BANGER is your favorite?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins

GRAMMY Award winning super producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins is an actual urban legend, in the flesh. Tireless in his work ethic, the prolific young Jerkins quickly established himself as a formidable musical force, with a trail of outstanding accomplishments writing his indelible page in music history. Known as a dynamic music master, Jerkins' undeniable magic touch infuses his productions with a one‐of‐a‐kind, unmistakable winning sound. His utilization of live instruments and his trained ear consistently produce tracks that are imbued with "that certain something." The Darkchild instinctively knows how to showcase the best attributes of each artist that he works with. CEO of his Darkchild Productions, Inc., Jerkins has been responsible, through his numerous hit productions, for over 170 million in record sales worldwide.

In the year 1998, Jerkins scored his first US Billboard Hot 100 #1 with "The Boy Is Mine" and the sound of music would never be the same again. Following the success of "The Boy Is Mine", Jerkins continued to raise the musical bar as he set a new standard, creating his own unique niche in music working with hundreds of artists. 

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, Jerkins scored 5 Top 3 Billboard hits (not including Destiny Child's "Lose My Breath") which included:

Brandy & Monica: The Boy Is Mine

Monica: Angel of Mine

Jennifer Lopez: If You Had My Love

Destiny's Child: Say My Name

Toni Braxton: He Wasn't Man Enough

All bangers. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Choose your favorite!

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Style. said:

I’m so into Toni Braxton lately, her songs are just soooooooo good! “He Wasn’t Man Enough” & “You’re Making Me High” are ear treasure! 

Her discography isn’t to be messed with, I 100% agree! “The Heat” is one of the greatest contemporary r&b albums of all time imo. Truly chef’s kiss. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 1
Just now, Joshyworld said:

Her discography isn’t to be messed with, I 100% agree! “The Heat” is one of the greatest contemporary r&b albums of all time imo. Truly chef’s kiss. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Really? I’ve heard great reviews about it, but I didn’t play it in full. I’m waiting for THAT special-me-time for it in order to be completely drawn in its world. I tried to purchase the vinyl from Amazon, but with no luck unfortunately… 

21 minutes ago, Stefani said:

The way all those video thumbnails feature the singers singing directly into the camera. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: The later 1990s/early 2000s weren't exactly original were they. :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

I pick Say My Name only because I at least remember the chorus.

What are the thumbnails supposed to include? A picture of the wall? A picture of a singer “not” singing? :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe: It’s literally a thumbnail that’s been authorized by VEVO in the 2020s… ironic enough, music critics and journalists seem to rave about how the later 90s/early 2000s was the last original era of pop music before everything went full-on autotune and then minimalistic. Like… are you aware of the pop music of today?:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Edited by Joshyworld

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.