Who decided the tracklist for “Circus” and why did they fail so miserably?

Emil87

I’m assuming its the job of the executive producer to choose the tracklist, right? I just checked and ofc one of them was Larry Rudolph. spacer.png

My god, what awful mistakes were made here. First off, putting “Kill the Lights” and it’s intro “we interrupt our program of dance music” right after a soppy ballad still triggers me. Also, potential hits like “Amnesia”, “Trouble”, and “Phonography” weren’t good enough for the standard edition but flops like “Out From Under”, “Mmm Papi”, and “My Baby” were? It just didn’t make sense and really weakened the album in my eyes. Did Lou hide Larry’s glasses? I swear, this is him picking out the tracklist..can't see scooby-doo GIF by Head Like an Orangeseason 1 friends GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, aoki.loid said:

the tracklist should’ve been 😭

1. circus 🤭

2. if u seek amy 🤭

3. shattered glass 🤭

4. kill the lights 🤭

5. womanizer 🤭

6. phonography 

7. amnesia 🤭

8. mannequin 🤭

9. lace n leather 🤭

10. quicksand 🤭

11. blur 🤭

12. unusual u (the 4th single instead of radar) 🤭

bonus tracks (all on streaming 😭):

13. electropop interlude 🤭

14. rock me in 🤭

15. abroad 🤭

16. womanizer (remix) (feat. Beyoncé or whatever artist u want) 🤭

spacer.png

That would smash so hard. 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 2

IMO, the first half of the album is perfect. The second part.. let's say.. makes you appreciate the good part... which is weird since the bonus tracks are great. Here is the perfect Circis tracklist imo:

1. Womanizer

2. Circus

3. Out From Under

4. Kill the Lights

5. Shattered Glass

6. If you seek Any 

7. Unusual You

8. Quicksand

9.  Phonography

10.  Mannequin

11. Lace & Leather

12. Amnesia

13. Radar 2.0 (Remix) - they were contractually obligated to release it as a single but the song could've been remixed at least...

Deluxe bonus tracks

14. Rock Me In

15. Rock Boy

16. Trouble

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, aoki.loid said:

the tracklist should’ve been 😭

1. circus 🤭

2. if u seek amy 🤭

3. shattered glass 🤭

4. kill the lights 🤭

5. womanizer 🤭

6. phonography 

7. amnesia 🤭

8. mannequin 🤭

9. lace n leather 🤭

10. quicksand 🤭

11. blur 🤭

12. unusual u (the 4th single instead of radar) 🤭

bonus tracks (all on streaming 😭):

13. electropop interlude 🤭

14. rock me in 🤭

15. abroad 🤭

16. womanizer (remix) (feat. Beyoncé or whatever artist u want) 🤭

Yep and the video for Unusual You should have been shot the same time as the Circus video and had Britney being the assistant to a magician in some crazy as steps and weird illusions. 

3 hours ago, Sia said:

As soon as you called “Out from Under” a flop, I threw your opinion away.

It may be a remake, but it’s a beautiful song.

And as soon as you praised that Bratz soundtrack song, I threw away yours.:trash_throw_away_recycle:
The song may be personal lyrically, but it’s completely uninspired and lifeless, especially when compared to the original. What a downgrade from “Everytime”.:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I’m assuming its the job of the executive producer to choose the tracklist, right? I just checked and ofc one of them was Larry Rudolph. spacer.png

My god, what awful mistakes were made here. First off, putting “Kill the Lights” and it’s intro “we interrupt our program of dance music” right after a soppy ballad still triggers me. Also, potential hits like “Amnesia”, “Trouble”, and “Phonography” weren’t good enough for the standard edition but flops like “Out From Under”, “Mmm Papi”, and “My Baby” were? It just didn’t make sense and really weakened the album in my eyes. Did Lou hide Larry’s glasses? I swear, this is him picking out the tracklist..can't see scooby-doo GIF by Head Like an Orangeseason 1 friends GIF

Your evening must be pretty miserable if you want to deal with the tracklist of a 14 year old album AlertCalmBlackfish-max-1mb.gif

brigitte-nielsen-confused.gif

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Emil87 said:

3 hours ago, britneybits2022 said:

I hate out from under. Worst song ever made. Even Heidi Montag has better songs. The rest is good

58 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

My baby and out from under need to stay on that producer demo disc. 

SKAOTYBWYVxiE.gif

57 minutes ago, Kevney said:

its pretty generic for Britney, it's nothing special. i skip it everytime.

You should be banned for saying this about OFU :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Your taste is really bad and thinking about 2008 album tracklist now in 2022 is really :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.