The Best Songs of 2016?

Kinda random but 2016 was such an iconic year :bouncey: Can u believe it was almost 7 years ago? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

My favorite 2016 songs I used to listen to all the time: 

Duhhh :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

:tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

A classic in my books :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

:unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

:bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Don't laugh omg :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: She ate with this one :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

September 2016 :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I remember sh/t omg but I remember that I remembered it :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

One of the best songs of all time :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Sometimes :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Against my will for the most part :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

Such a bop :bouncey:

What about u? :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

@Blackout2006 the way I was your age in 2016 :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked::gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Ahhh I have so much nostalgia rooted from that year :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The golden years :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

We both literally have the exact playlist from that year (except for Make Me) :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

OMG Megan Trainor used to be one of my most favourite artists. Me Too, Better When I'm Dancing & No were such BOPS and I felt like such a baddie for memorizing the lyrics to Me Too (I even sang it for my music class in school :orangu_orangutan_ape:). 

"What's that icy thing hanging around your neck? :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black: That's gold! :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Show me some respect ohhuuwaa :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:"

One of my most favourite songs from that year was Same Ol' Love. The Revival era was a moment. Our art teacher would play Hands To Myself while we were doing our art projects :imhere_run_excited:

@Henry. considering that we have the same taste in 2016 music, do you remember this song?

I was OBSESSED with this song. I'd wrap a towel around my head and whip my fake wig when she'd start rapping :queenie_falling_dying_dead: The song is actually really good though. Yea, it sounds so 2016 but in a good way at least :cheersney_britney_flames_pink_fire:

It was also the year that introduced me to Rihanna (This is What You Came For?) :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

"I've been cooking all day, I ain't yo momma :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching: I've been doing yo laundraaayyy I ain't yo momma :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: WHEN YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER I AINT YO MOMA :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWOAHAOAHAHAHH I AINT YO MOMMA NOOOWOWOWOWOWOWO :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:"

I even remember bopping to that Papi song of hers nnnnn. Miss Gurl was unbothered while the whole city was collapsing behind her

OMG AND CLOSER. That song has aged so terribly but it had me in chokehold.  :orangu_orangutan_ape: I even sang this song with my bestie and I still remember the lyrics to this day  ̷I̷ ̷K̷N̷O̷W̷ ̷I̷T̷ ̷B̷R̷E̷A̷K̷S̷ ̷Y̷O̷U̷R̷ ̷H̷E̷A̷R̷T̷-̷ ̷M̷O̷V̷I̷N̷G̷ ̷T̷O̷ ̷T̷H̷E̷ ̷C̷I̷T̷Y̷ ̷I̷N̷ ̷Y̷O̷U̷R̷ ̷B̷R̷O̷K̷E̷ ̷D̷O̷W̷N̷ ̷C̷A̷R ̷A̷N̷D̷-̷ dddd. Those were the days of The Chainsmokers and it was the first time I'd ever hear of a Halsey. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Justin Bieber was the Main Pop Boy during this era and even made such good music at this time. Sorry (thought I don't like it all that much now) and What Do You Mean? :livinggg_dancing_killing_it_party_music_grooving_pink:  

I loved Fifth Harmony during this time as well. Worth It & Work from Home were on the downloads of my hand-me down 2011 iPhone :jordan-perfume: Wasn't that the year One Direction disbanded as well? History was the first song I ever liked of theirs (at the time) and it was ironically their last song, I think :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

Very fun and joyous times :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Yesss, such an incredible year for music that I feel like we all took for granted (especially when compared to 2022 music). 

Some of my favorites -

Calvin Harris: This Is What You Came For
Childish Gambino: Redbone
Christian Nodal: Adiós Amor ( @Adriannn a cultural reset :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: )
Daniel Caesar: Get You
DJ Snake: Let Me Love You
Drake: Feel No Ways
Drake: One Dance
J. Balvin: Ginza
J. Cole: Deja Vu
Little Big Town: Better Man
Mike Posner: I Took A Pill In Ibiza
RÜFÜS DU SOL: You Were Right
twenty one pilots: Heathens
Young Thug: Digits

All make me super nostalgic. Overall a great year for EDM/tropical house, hip-hop and the beginning of the Urbano Latino wave. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Now I feel like crying so I’m just going to pretend like I’m living that year again. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

One of my most favourite songs from that year was Same Ol' Love. The Revival era was a moment. Our art teacher would play Hands To Myself while we were doing our art projects :imhere_run_excited:

@Henry. considering that we have the same taste in 2016 music, do you remember this song?

I was OBSESSED with this song. I'd wrap a towel around my head and whip my fake wig when she'd start rapping :queenie_falling_dying_dead: The song is actually really good though. Yea, it sounds so 2016 but in a good way at least :cheersney_britney_flames_pink_fire:

You mean Hands To Myself or Ain't My Fault? I know both songs and I listened to em all the time in 2016 duhhhh it's even in the post. 

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

'Dangerous Woman' (song) was so good :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: 

Mariah Carey That Was A Classic GIF - Mariah Carey That Was A Classic -  Discover & Share GIFs

I have so many memories associated with the DW era:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I remember that I used to have so many memories with it but now I remember nothing :gloria_falling_stairs_trip::emma: And honestly good for me :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening: Anyways, this bop :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block