Mariah Carey’s attempt to trademark ‘Queen of Christmas’ has been rejected

Cqleb

• Content Curators

Elizabeth Chan told TMZ "Christmas is a season of giving, not taking. It’s wrong for an individual to attempt to own & monopolize a nickname like Queen of Christmas for the purposes of abject materialism." 

7a8d6206b6e0420499124059c8d07826_xl.png
T.CO

Mariah Carey won't be getting what she wants for Xmas this year ... we've learned her attempt to trademark the...

• Haha 2

Celebs in general need to stop trademarking words. So money hungry and embarrassing. That being said, i dont get why Mariah wouldn’t be able to if Taylor swift can copyright 1989 and this sick beat (a white woman that makes country and pop music trademarking “this sick beat” is so ******* funny and humiliating to me) 

• Like 1

Hmmmmmm. I mean in my mind she’s the Queen of Christmas but there’s arguably a lot of people who wouldn’t agree who aren’t Mariah fans. So I think the decision was right. I don’t really agree with the whole practice of trademarking certain phrases and titles because it’s not like these celebrities created the terms or phrases. Didn’t Paris trademark “that’s hot” or something? Which I think was stupid too. If you say “that’s hot!” To someone it’s not like they will know the reference and frankly speaking it’s been said a million times over by people who aren’t Paris. Now, Britney’s “it’s Britney B.tch” would make sense because her song Gimme More made that phrase intrinsically hers. When people say “it’s Britney B.itch” anyone and everyone know that pop culture reference. It was born of Britney. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block