Mariah Carey’s request to trademark “Queen of Christmas” has been denied

A federal tribunal has rejected Carey's efforts to claim ownership over the holiday nickname, after another "Queen of Christmas" cried foul.

“What happened? In August, Elizabeth Chan, whom the The New Yorker dubbed the “Queen of Christmas” in a 2018 profile, filed an opposition to block Carey from getting the registration. Chan gave some interviews at the time, telling the Daily News, "Christmas is a season of giving, not taking. It’s wrong for an individual to attempt to own & monopolize a nickname like Queen of Christmas for the purposes of abject materialism." 

mariah-carey-diamonds.jpg

“I will tell you this: I love Christmas, and it’s my favorite time of year. But I’m just the queen of my own self.”

• Content Curators

Aside from her music being overplayed during the holiday season, exactly what is so Chritmas about Mariah Carey? 

Why does she think she deserves this title? 

and can we please play another record, I'm sick of hearing that same dam track everywhere. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Aside from her music being overplayed during the holiday season, exactly what is so Chritmas about Mariah Carey? 

Why does she think she deserves this title? 

and can we please play another record, I'm sick of hearing that same dam track everywhere. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

her christmas shows she puts on, all i want for chistmas 1994 video, her 2 appletv specials for christmas she seems pretty festive to me :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
16 minutes ago, Garrett James said:

her christmas shows she puts on, all i want for chistmas 1994 video, her 2 appletv specials for christmas she seems pretty festive to me :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

That doesn't merit her getting the title of the Queen of Christmas.  :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

5 minutes ago, Style. said:

My Only Wish outprettied tbh. :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

Come again? I don't stream such jingles i'm sorry. :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block