Was Christina Aguilera inspired by Britney for 'Not Myself Tonight' song and video?

7 hours ago, icybaby said:

Madonna, Lady Gaga but not Britney was inspiration behind that video

Thereโ€™s literally nothing in the video that was similar to Gaga. Theyโ€™d the same blonde coloured hair at the time which Christina has had most of her career and the same straight hair/bangs for a while thatโ€™s it which is petty AF it was Madonna she took inspo from for majority of the video. Canโ€™t say I see Britney either tbh

Mmm not really, now Dirrty has Britney vibes except for the raw parts of actually looking, dirtyย :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Not Myself Tonight screams Madonna tho, but I think she confirmed she took inspo from herย :waitwhat_britney_lights_out_scared_um_confused_what:ย alt it was almost too much inspo because start to finish looks like a Madonna music videoย 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Zee30 said:

Thereโ€™s literally nothing in the video that was similar to Gaga. Theyโ€™d the same blonde coloured hair at the time which Christina has had most of her career and the same straight hair/bangs for a while thatโ€™s it which is petty AF it was Madonna she took inspo from for majority of the video. Canโ€™t say I see Britney either tbh

Not to mentioned Madge exists and all 3 (B, X & Gaga) referenced Express Yourself in their MVs (Brit on Oops and on a deleted scene from I Love Rock N Roll, Gaga with BTW and X with Not Myself Tonight)ย 

And Alejandro was already a mirror/carbon copy of Like A Prayer and Vogue with a hint of Eroticaย 

ย 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

ร—
ร—