Britney should be able to do what she wants!

Why do people, fans or non fans feel like they have the right to tell Britney how to act or what to do with her life? I feel like this is a very layered and nuanced conversation. But Britney is a human being! She’s a grown women and her own person! Yes she’s a celebrity and an icon, but we don’t even really know Britney. And I think that’s a very toxic part of this whole Stan/ celebrity worship culture. We don’t know Britney or any of these celebrities, we Stan or follow. So it’s just weird that people feel like they can tell another human, a human they don’t know how to feel or behave. Britney has the right, just like everyone else to post what she wants on social media. It’s her social media! If u don’t like what u see then you don’t have to intake it. I know that many people feel close to Britney or connected to her in some way… so some people are concerned about her. But Britney is now a free woman. Which means that she is now processing and healing all of her trauma. Which at times means that she might post things that some people may not like. She might post things that come off as angry. But anger is a normal human emotion. And is a very healthy and normal step in the healing/grieving process. They teach you in therapy to feel your anger and express it. So I just feel like that’s what Britney is doing and she probably doing it publicly, because her life has been public. And she probably wants to expose those who hurt her and the illegal awful things they did to her. If it was me, I would honestly do the same thing! I honest just want Britney to do whatever she wants. We may not like everything she post, but honestly it’s not our business. After years of being controlled and literally owned… Britney is now a free human being. And just like every human being in this world. I believe it’s her right to do whatever she wants and live the life she wants.

• Love 2

Is she not doing what she wants? Just because some people think some of her posts might not be making her life any easier, that doesn’t mean she can longer do what she wants. We see these threads and comments every day. You will never stop peoples opinions and you will never reach a point in life where everyone agrees every single thing you agree with. I know your sentiment is advocating for her but nobody is forcing her to do anything. I give my friends constructive criticism when they don’t want to hear it. They can take it or leave it. I think it’s somewhat similar with the people you are referring to. 

• Love 1

She is the barbie that gays never had, that's why they felt they had the right to dress her, do her hair and make-up to their liking and when she doesn't look the way they want she is criticized. And for the general public she "the princess" who should be perfect in everything she does.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block