Was Ashley O inspired by Britney Spears?

41 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The mash-up with Gaga's "Why'd You Do That" from A Star Is Born still has a chokehold on my hairline.

It has startling parallels to Britney and the conservatorship in hindsight, but no. It's based on Miley herself, that's why she was cast. Obviously Miley was never in a coma, but they just took a bunch of her experiences as a child star and amped them up to 11.

If it reminds you of Britney, it's because that's just what all child stars go through, including Britney.

it was not based on Miley’s life entirely. Ashely o was drugged, forced to write music she didn’t like and when she did write songs they would read it invade her privacy then up her medication, her aunt owns her the same way jamie owns Britney. Ashely o isn’t allowed to leave or make her own choices.

I feel like the holograms represent how they used myah Marie to sing as Britney.

and Miley has a first hand experience with myah’s vocals being on sms (Bangerz)

im certain she was mad about that.

also Miley’s been so vocal about freeBritney her manager was even Larry for a bit

miley knows and has seen things

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
Just now, 3IsACharm33 said:

it was not based on Miley’s life entirely. Ashely o was drugged, forced to write music she didn’t like and when she did write songs they would read it invade her privacy then up her medication, her aunt owns her the same way jamie owns Britney. Ashely o isn’t allowed to leave or make her own choices.

I feel like the holograms represent how they used myah Marie to sing as Britney.

and Miley has a first hand experience with myah’s vocals being on sms (Bangerz)

im certain she was mad about that.

also Miley’s been so vocal about freeBritney her manager was even Larry for a bit

miley knows and has seen things

This. Great points!  I took the hologram as them portraying Team Con working Britney when she didn’t want to or potentially insinuating that they were trying to harm her to control her career after the way they wanted and profit. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Henry Torres said:

Did you watch that episode? Miley's manager was probably inspired by Loucifer

sub-buzz-6030-1624639730-5.png?resize=990:516?output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=640:*

+ The story literally was about a female pop star 

spacer.png

The white suit maybe inspired by Loucifer, but I think the character is based off of Larry Rudolph. If this episode of Black Mirror was inspired by Miley’s life, Larry is the common link between Britney and Miley.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GlitterRain said:

This. Great points!  I took the hologram as them portraying Team Con working Britney when she didn’t want to or potentially insinuating that they were trying to harm her to control her career after the way they wanted and profit. 

Also the hologram basically foreshadows that time when Britney wouldn’t work so they made that pop up shop to basically use her name image and likeness to still bring in money 

• Love 1

When this episode came out I was kind of not focused on what was going on with Britney but then the storyline 1000% made me think of her. After I watched it I remember I looked into her situation and realized she was still in the "conservatorship" and I started questioning everything. I have to think the episode was inspired by her at least a little, and for me it honestly helped me put some pieces together.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block