Dua Lipa Irritates Brazilian Fans For Delay Her Rock In Rio Concert Live on Television

Dua Lipa irritated her Brazilian fans for delaying her live transmission of her concert in Rock In Rio on television. She asked the cable network Multishow which has been broadcasting Rock In Rio to delay the live broadcast in 30 minutes, she was the last to take stage at 0:10 (Monday morning already). No reason has been given. She then became one of the most talked topics on Twitter and generating a flurry of memes.

You can see her show best moments here:

Cantora foi a última atração do Palco Mundo do festival, neste domingo (11). Mais solta do que na vinda anterior ao Brasil, ela repetiu performance e setlist desta turnê, sem improvisos.

1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

Rock in Rio seems to always have some drama going on.

I still have PTSD from Britney 2001 RIR show. Between the mic being left on, and her cussing up a storm, the crowd booing the American flag during the Lucky performance and the Brazilian media bashing her for lip syncing. 

:embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

Sorry but the American flag was a miss. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

How? the song is about a girl who is from Hollywood. They wanted a Brazilian flag up there? Plus she did it in every concert around the world, and only the Brazilians booed and started chanting "Brazil!". Totally unnecessary. 

Maybe you're not aware, but it's not every country which worships the US. Even less so its flag. So I can see why some people would've reacted that way.

They could've adapted this part of the concert to fit flags from the country in question, like LOTS of artists do. She might've been performing about a Hollywood girl, but she wasn't in the US. Therefore, unnecessary IMO - and I also don't think people should've booed her for it. Both things were uncalled-for.

But I guess it was just another instance of her team being a huge flop and not giving a d*mn. But they did care about those thousands of Reai$ Brazilian people paid, though :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

• Love 3
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, vttmishere said:

Maybe you're not aware, but it's not every country which worships the US. Even less so its flag. So I can see why some people would've reacted that way.

They could've adapted this part of the concert to fit flags from the country in question, like LOTS of artists do. She might've been performing about a Hollywood girl, but she wasn't in the US. Therefore, unnecessary IMO - and I also don't think people should've booed her for it. Both things were uncalled-for.

But I guess it was just another instance of her team being a huge flop and not giving a d*mn. But they did care about those thousands of Reai$ Brazilian people paid, though :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Nobody is saying they should’ve worshiped the American flag. But the reaction was uncalled for. That’s all.

De qualquer forma, foi ridículo a atitude dos brasileiros que estavam no show. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

Nobody is saying they should’ve worshiped the American flag. But the reaction was uncalled for. That’s all.

De qualquer forma, foi ridículo a atitude dos brasileiros que estavam no show. 

The problem is because many international acts come to Brazil and celebrate coming here displaying our Brazilian flag ou wearing the national soccer team. Even Madonna when she played at Rio in 1993 she wore Flamengo shirt soccer Rio team. That’s why Britney was called out. We already used to that kind of homage so it was strange when people saw the American flag.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

The problem is because many international acts come to Brazil and celebrate coming here displaying our Brazilian flag ou wearing the national soccer team. Even Madonna when she played at Rio in 1993 she wore Flamengo shirt soccer Rio team. That’s why Britney was called out. We already used to that kind of homage so it was strange when people saw the American flag.

The concept of the song is Hollywood. why would she put the brazil flag on the screen?

• Love 2

2broke-girls-screaming.gif

I won't lie that I was annoyed that I couldn't see it live when all the other artists had no problems with that. As far as I remember only the idiot Drake had done something like that.

In the end the show was cool, but it was pretty weird not to show the show live. 

About the American flag at Britney's concert in 2001, the booing was for the flag not for her and yes, the Brazilians have reasons for that since the American government sponsored and supported a military coup in Brazil that lasted more than 20 years as well as it did in basically all of South America.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, britney_rocks said:

Nobody is saying they should’ve worshiped the American flag. 

Neither was I saying that - which is exactly my point: why carry a symbol which had no need to be there? It's always a political statement in the end, even if Britney herself didn't think of it that way. She was in Brazil, not in the USA; a majority of artists (or, in Britney's case at the time, her team) have common sense and don't do it, or they use the specific flag of the country they are in - as I've already mentioned.

Uncalled-for? Yes. But come on, I mean... It wasn't the Olympics :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
On 9/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

@britney_rocks :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: 

2 minutes ago, vttmishere said:

It's always a political statement in the end, even if Britney herself didn't think of it that way.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block