Dua Lipa Irritates Brazilian Fans For Delay Her Rock In Rio Concert Live on Television

On 9/12/2022 at 12:23 PM, Jordan Miller said:

30 minutes causes that much of a commotion? Main pop girl only :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Yeah... a Justin Bieber wearing joggings and a beanie would never find himself in a situation like that... But if you want a great show, then be ready to wait a little.

I hope Dua is OK though, just in case.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:02 PM, britney_rocks said:

Rock in Rio seems to always have some drama going on.

I still have PTSD from Britney 2001 RIR show. Between the mic being left on, and her cussing up a storm, the crowd booing the American flag during the Lucky performance and the Brazilian media bashing her for lip syncing. 

:embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

I'm still jealous because you've seen a pop legend in her prime, and generally going to concerts before the smartphone era was such a massive experience :shaktongue_shakira_red:

On 9/12/2022 at 8:03 PM, britney_rocks said:

How? the song is about a girl who is from Hollywood. They wanted a Brazilian flag up there? Plus she did it in every concert around the world, and only the Brazilians booed and started chanting "Brazil!". Totally unnecessary. 

Imagine her singing about the Hollywood life and suddenly a big giant Brazilian flag comes down:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:. Imagine the drama if it was the other way....

I think it was rude for them being the only country to make a problem out of it. It didn't have anything to do with America as a country but everything with the lyrics. 

Perhaps Brazilians needed to take a seat and stop being egocentric, expecting everyone to wave a big Brazilian flag.

After all they did pay to see an American artist lmao.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, ExXL said:

I'm still jealous because you've seen a pop legend in her prime, and generally going to concerts before the smartphone era was such a massive experience :shaktongue_shakira_red:

The first time I saw Britney, I must say, it felt unreal. It was an era where social media wasn’t a thing so we didn’t get news about celebrities and what they were doing 24/7 so they all felt like gods and goddesses. Especially Britney. Seeing her the first time in her prime is definitely a feeling I wish that most new fans could experience. I was lucky that my friend sneaked her camera in and recorded most of it while I screamed my lungs out. 

• Love 2
On 9/13/2022 at 2:43 AM, DougFromBrazilIsBack said:

The problem is because many international acts come to Brazil and celebrate coming here displaying our Brazilian flag ou wearing the national soccer team. Even Madonna when she played at Rio in 1993 she wore Flamengo shirt soccer Rio team. That’s why Britney was called out. We already used to that kind of homage so it was strange when people saw the American flag.

I didn't know Brazil is very ethnocentric country. It reminds me of most Middle Eastern nations...

Now, I regret the time I wore a Brazil shirt 2 FIFAs ago.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block