Demi Lovato’s New Album ‘Holy ****’ Debuts at No 1 On Top Rock & Alternative Charts

Zach F

Demi Lovato's new album is a hit!

The 30-year-old entertainer's Holy **** was released a little more than a week ago and has topped multiple charts.

Demi's eighth album debuted at No 1 on both the Top Rock and Alternative albums chart, and it became their eighth consecutive Top 10 debut on the Billboard 200 chart, coming in at No 7. It also dropped in at No 4 on the Top Album Sales Chart.

Additionally, Holy **** debuted overseas at No 7 on the UK album chart, marking Demi's fifth consecutive Top 10 debut in the UK.

"When making HOLY ****, I wanted to explore the dichotomy between ideas and feelings we all face: good & bad, holy & evil and anger & love. The album is a deeply personal journey that begins with pain and anger and concludes with me reclaiming my power," Demi shared in a statement.

"It gave me the freedom to express myself in ways I didn’t know were possible and find joy I’d been missing when making music. It’s cathartic and grounded, yet exhilarating and a hell of a good time. I don’t know where I’ll be in life in a year, or in five or 10 years – but what I do know is that this record is exactly where I am now, and I am damn proud of it. I hope everyone who listens is too,” they added.

• Love 2

Shout out to Demi's song "29" her vocals on this song SLAY both on the record and in every live performance. They have always been a strong vocalist but I feel they are seriously in their prime right now. For example: 

The message of the song is very emotional and empowering, they are calling out older men who groom teenagers into relationships and reflecting on their own experience (cough Wilmer) now as an adult realizing it was messed up. There's a TikTok trend to the song right now where lots of people are sharing their own stories.  I was sobbing watching some of these. 

I'm not crazy about the rest of of the album but this song/record is everything.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block