This is why Xtina deserved a Video Vanguard Award

9 hours ago, descg said:

Thell me where are the name Michael.

And Whitney the last succssesful era was in 1999 an she died at 2012 whith no hits.

And Xtina 4 years of success haha the hate... 9 years since Genie to Keeps Getting Better at n8 in the Hot100 and the controversy with GaGa.

Michael Jackaona name is eveywhere

Hits and numbers arent everything, biggest bands in the world have zero hits. Whitney is more realavant today than Christina Aguilera

Im a huge Christina fan but her real seccess was from Genie In A Bottle to her Stripped Album, barely made it with B2B

• Like 1

Love or hate Christina, she is an ICON, her voice defines a generation, and she definitely deserves the award. She also served some of the most iconic videos of all time. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

That being said, we all watched the People Choice Awards performance when she was honored. It was pure screaming and yelling and hitting unnecessary high notes. If this is how she wants to perform, then I'd rather watch someone else get honored. (like Rihanna and Nicki who SLAYED it, even Justin did better at the VMAs that the Superbowl).  :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Also, I hope Britney reperforms her hits one day cause the Vanguard performance they did for her was a big mess.:cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, maki93 said:

Love or hate Christina, she is an ICON, her voice defines a generation, and she definitely deserves the award. She also served some of the most iconic videos of all time. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

That being said, we all watched the People Choice Awards performance when she was honored. It was pure screaming and yelling and hitting unnecessary high notes. If this is how she wants to perform, then I'd rather watch someone else get honored. (like Rihanna and Nicki who SLAYED it, even Justin did better at the VMAs that the Superbowl).  :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Also, I hope Britney reperforms her hits one day cause the Vanguard performance they did for her was a big mess.:cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

I think Britney’s vanguard was a tragic mess. They should’ve kept it in the stash! They didn’t show any video montage of HOW her music video contributed to the pop culture; sadly they did Nicki the same mess. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

The video vanguard award is most about an artists influence through music video.. these videos don’t have anything to do with Christina’s videography. I like Christina and think she should have had a far greater career than she’s had, but her videos (for the most part) are forgettable. The only interesting ones that come to mind are Fighter, The Voice Within & Hurt. The GP would probably only remember Fighter.. and Dirrty. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, RBFLOVESBRITNEY said:

No. Her videos do nothing to further the craft. Dirty is the only one that stands our because she is dancing in water (urine) in the bathroom scene. I mean no harm but her videos are not groundbreaking and her shît attitude over the years. 

great singer. 
Bad Entertainer. 

9 hours ago, Heyah said:

It’s truly amazing how much better Britney’s videography is - Xtina never stood a chance 

:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

This videos are nothing of iconic (irony), the singers of today don't have even a part of the importance of these.

And the GP remember Lady Mermelade, Dirrty and Beautiful (even Genie, Hurt and Candyman) period.

8 hours ago, fays1 said:

Michael Jackaona name is eveywhere

Hits and numbers arent everything, biggest bands in the world have zero hits. Whitney is more realavant today than Christina Aguilera

Im a huge Christina fan but her real seccess was from Genie In A Bottle to her Stripped Album, barely made it with B2B

I mean that in the answer you quoted I don't cite Michael as example, I put Whitney, George Michael and Prince.

Robot Reaction GIF

7 hours ago, Freaky Tiny Style AK said:

I mean, she was successful and a big name in music for a period of like 3/4 years?

The ignorance... Like I said in other response:
"9 years since Genie to Keeps Getting Better at n8 in the Hot100 and the controversy with GaGa".

And I don't wanna be a hater or a Nicki hater even I like things of she, (i dont wasted my time in hating) but with all that funny responses I wanna said: Nicki have 3 hits, Superbass (medium), Starships and Anaconda, that's it.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, descg said:

I mean that in the answer you quoted I don't cite Michael as example, I put Whitney, George Michael and Prince.

Robot Reaction GIF

All of these examples are more popular than Christina today. Not to mentioned they already were able to hold a huge careers for decades. Before their death, all of them could fill stadiums and tour the world.

46 minutes ago, fays1 said:

All of these examples are more popular than Christina today. Not to mentioned they already were able to hold a huge careers for decades. Before their death, all of them could fill stadiums and tour the world.

But is about being more popular or because ar artists, is the second and then my example is correct.

31 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I dont know if I agree with you.

Dont get me wrong, I LIKE Christina. but her music videography isnt really that iconic or memorable other than like 2-3 videos. 

Even Mariah Carey deserves it more!

She's more known for her voice than her music videos and thats a FACT!

Mariah Carey obvioulsy deserves it.

7 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Christina Mariah voice and talent is more known than her actual videos.

Actually the Xtina ones are more iconic, but by the other hand Mariah started things like the feat. Fantasy video, the remixes and differents videos for them and also was one of the firsts along Madonna and Janet being s e x ual on them.

• Super Mods
39 minutes ago, descg said:

Actually the Xtina ones are more iconic, but by the other hand Mariah started things like the feat. Fantasy video, the remixes and differents videos for them and also was one of the firsts along Madonna and Janet being s e x ual on them.

Mariah also has iconic videos like Fantasy, Honey, We Belong Together, etc.

• Love 1

They don’t give Vanguard awards to the second or third or fourth most relevant artists of their era. They already gave it to Britney and Beyoncé from that era… Christina ain’t on that level. It’s like giving it to Cyndi Lauper from the 80s and Kelly Clarkson from the 2000s. Successful but not iconic. 
Sorry Not Sorry Party GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.