What would you rate Hold Me Closer out of 10?

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Britneystanley said:

I honestly think it’s overrated. It’s great that she has released a song but if we take the last two years away and this was the lead release it would be very underwhelming. It’s gonna do well because of the story attached to it not because it’s actually that good IMHO. 

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

5. I’m happy she’s back. But the song itself is kind of neither here nor there for me. Like if it never had happened I wouldn’t be bothered. It’s not *a* Britney song. I don’t know that it’ll have longevity as a memory of her works like her other iconic songs. I listened to it a few times and that’s good enough for me. We need a comeback song like the PCD did with “React”. Something fierce and fire. This song is not fierce and fire. Mellow and feel good for sure.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, MX3 said:

10. It’s so great. I feel like it will be a success. What’s not to love? 

6 minutes ago, emmagphoto said:

:onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

1 minute ago, x.rox said:

5. I’m happy she’s back. But the song itself is kind of neither here nor there for me. Like if it never had happened I wouldn’t be bothered. It’s not *a* Britney song. I don’t know that it’ll have longevity as a memory of her works like her other iconic songs. I listened to it a few times and that’s good enough for me. We need a comeback song like the PCD did with “React”. Something fierce and fire. This song is not fierce and fire. Mellow and feel good for sure.

:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

6 is good, I mean 10 is Gimme More, I cant give Hold Me Closer 8 or 9 let’s be real :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

This is a REALLY good way of putting it. If you’d assign Gimme More a 10/10 there’s no way in hell you’d assign the same rating to HMC. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, x.rox said:

exactly. honestly I think all fanbase is hyped but no one will talk about the song in 6 months.

it's a nice song, it's fine but nothing major honestly. 5/10

• Like 2

Not a 10 for different reasons :

- i love a sassy / badass Britney (Gimme more, slave 4 u, womanizer, work *****, even oops...). HMC might be a bit too cute for me

- song is missing a bridge and is too short in the end

- you can't hear Britney that well (her voice was clearer on the demo)

I still think it's a good and enjoyable song, not sure about the replay value in a few years tho. Can't picture the song a classic of her discography.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.