"Hold Me Closer" Stream + Comment Party! - Updated with official visualizer

The Radio and GP is going to eat this song so badly! I love it! 

It's just what she needs!. To remind everyone why we fell in love with her in the first place. And collab with such a music legend as Elton just gives more status to her name and brand! Eventually when she decides to release an official single it will be huge. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

Hold Me Closer already premiered in Australia and New Zeland (and I used vpn to listen to it) :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

So what's your thought on the final product?

I love it. Was worried about production on the demo but final version sounds amazing

kinda wish Britney was more solo and not background singer but her voice is so iconic you can't miss it 

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Omg you're still around !!

Remember me? How are you doing?

I was such a piece of trash back then ! 

tumblr_n10r43mVN11qlozceo6_250.gif

4 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

As a Britney fan I prefer the demo version, her vocals are way more natural imo. However, as part of GP I think the final song is definitely more radio-friendly and club-friendly which is what they're looking for. I love both versions in the end  :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Is there really a substantial difference? I mean I love the demo, havent heard the final song yet !

Just now, RedCarpet said:

omg yes I came back with a hit thread today :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: legend stays legend I guess

We were all pieces of trash, this place was so iconic back then,

missed u :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

Indeed we were.

But yeah, so many iconic moments, what a **** show.

Back when Julia Volkova wasn't homophobic yet :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Have you seen that long interview they did with that russian reporter last year on youtube? ARE YOU AWARE THEY'RE COMING BACK ON SEPTEMBER 3RD FOR THEIR FIRST LIVE SHOW TOGETHER IN 10 YEARS??????

Just now, ydmc said:

Indeed we were.

But yeah, so many iconic moments, what a **** show.

Back when Julia Volkova wasn't homophobic yet :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Have you seen that long interview they did with that russian reporter last year on youtube? ARE YOU AWARE THEY'RE COMING BACK ON SEPTEMBER 3RD FOR THEIR FIRST LIVE SHOW TOGETHER IN 10 YEARS??????

omg yes I watched. Julia is such a mess :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

can't wait for Tatu reunion tho :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ydmc said:

Is there really a substantial difference? I mean I love the demo, havent heard the final song yet !

To me they're REALLY different. The demo is not polished and the voices together sound a bit weird, but you can feel it's a Britney song. Elton is the background singer in that case, and she leaves her marks all over the song with her voice so natural and lovely at the same time. The final version is polished, and both voices are merged cohesively but they seem to be singing inside of a tube with all the effects and layers they've added. I love both, but to me the demo is a Britney song feat Elton, whereas the 2nd is a duo :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedCarpet said:

omg yes I watched. Julia is such a mess :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

can't wait for Tatu reunion tho :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Such a mess... But I learnt so much stuff and I understand she's completely traumatized by what happened to her because of t.A.T.u and Shapavalov.... 

And the fact she ******* ran for some elections for Putin's party :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I've seen that Courtney Stodden interview tho, about her marriage and her groomer of her husband, such a sad story too.

And yeah, so excited by the comeback. Lena hinted at a possible new song, but I don't see how they could do it with Julia's voice...

She also - Lena of course - stated on Russian TV that she had always been a supporter of the LGBTQ and would always be no matter what. 

Anyway, glad you're okay :) ! So funny to "run into you" so many years afters that messy era !

• Love 1

The demo is a million times better. Just goes to show how iconic Britney’s voice is… It’s just not the same when her voice is less prominent. 

Nothing dramatic, it IS supposed to be a duet after all, but it’s just not that great when her voice is less clear. The only WTF to me is that he added background vocals to her one solo line in the second verse. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Matou said:

I can't at people complaining for even one thing ... Girl is traumatized and some complain about a song it's crazy ... I was about to be ok for her retirement but she is on a song with a legend, a book is coming and who knows what's next ? Stop, just stop. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

95% of us just want to hear more of her. So if Britney by any chance is reading here, she should be flattered we want to hear even more of her. The demo was more Britney featuring Elton. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Omg some of y’all already refusing to stream a song that isn't out because you prefer the demo when it's Britney's return after protesting AND ending the conservatorship. 

This is the exact thing we wanted, Britney on Britney's terms.

I haven’t seen a single comment where someone said they are refusing to stream. Can you link it? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.