Who is the most successful Britney clone from the teen pop era

rik

On 8/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

No I agree that late 90s/early 2000s pop sound needs to be studied. I’m still convinced that era was a fever dream. That sound, to this day, is quite underrated when it comes to general public acknowledgement yet absolutely captivates an essence that I can’t put into words. Nostalgia. California. Canyons. Fantasy. Comfort. Mystery. Chilling. Beauty. I really can’t put this sound into words. @Future Nostalgia 

@Blackout2006 get into it (yuh) :bouncey:

An AMAZING era in music and pop culture, omg :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: This era was giving back-to-basicsback bops and deserves way more appreciation. I was just listening to The Voice Within by LEGENDtina, I'm with You by Avril SLAYvigne and INAG,NYAW from Britney's third besT record, ICONIQUEEney which reminded me of the beauty that Y2K music was :bouncey: Nothing like the 70s and 90s-noughties era of music :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

• Haha 2

It's insane how every song in the original post sound so close to what Britney was doing. She could litteraly have recorded them and have them on her albums it wouldn't be weird to the ear. 

I always considered Xtina above the "Britney clones" because she was very distinct in personnality and vibe. But the other girls it's obvious the labels tried to re-create Britney. The intro of "I wanna be bad" is trying so hard... 

• Like 1

all of them were promoted as britney clones at first...

in the end they were all succesful in their respective areas...like jessica with her fashion brand, mandy moore with her acting, xtina her music

willa was the least succesful in showbusiness but im still listening to her album lol

• Haha 1
On 8/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, Cheshire-B said:

It's insane how every song in the original post sound so close to what Britney was doing. She could litteraly have recorded them and have them on her albums it wouldn't be weird to the ear. 

I always considered Xtina above the "Britney clones" because she was very distinct in personnality and vibe. But the other girls it's obvious the labels tried to re-create Britney. The intro of "I wanna be bad" is trying so hard... 

I very much agree. Especially about Christina being above that because of her vibe and personality 

whats weird is Willa is a classically trained opera singer (or was rather), and apparently had a lot of involvement in the writing of her record 

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 5:07 AM, HisNameisChase said:

Jessica is the most successful, followed by Christina, and then Mandy.

Christina has been forgotten and her music career is a huge mess. She has the talent but she is anchored to laziness and takes herself too seriously.

Mandy has a respected acting career.

How was Jessica more succesful than Xtina

It was a distinctive, hard hitting yet weird time in music culture (1999-2001) where a singer was cloned into multiples lmao.

Loved the sound so much (my favourite in Pop music history) and i believe Britney, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC and Christina did it best and truly gave birth to timeless and incredibly funky/catchy songs.

I don’t consider Christina a clone since her music might’ve been considered bubblegum pop (1st record) but its uniquely hers and didn’t resemble Britneys in my opinion.

To answer the OP’s question i’ll say Jessica Simpson music wise but a tie between her and Mandy Moore with all things considered.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.