Oh My GOD, I Hate Working Retail!

Saturday was my first day as a manager (not as important as it sounds, it just means I get a key to the bathroom), and tell me why this KAREN comes up to my register with a full order, then decides she's going to look through every single one of our discounted sunscreens to see which is the biggest bargain. Ma'am, I have a line and do not want or need to put up with your bullcrap. And she had the NERVE to get an attitude with me when I told her that there was a line forming. I didn't even go a full month at this job before blowing up on a customer LMAO

• Haha 6
  • Like 1

People are getting worse out there. They have this “they’re just workers,” mentality and they believe workers are less than and must clean all the mess they do after they shop like slobs. I really wish companies would create tougher and harsh policies like having store associates demand respect in their place of work, being able to call the cops on the crazy customers and being able to assert cleanliness without repercussions. Sorry I can’t stand self entitled people :snort_spoon_powder_glasses:

• Love 2
22 hours ago, aleomg said:

We want to know how the story went. :mariah-hurry:

I got talked to yesterday by one of the other managers who said he'd have done the same thing. An hour or so later, he ends up cashing out this exact same *****, who is EYEING ME DOWN with a ****-eating grin on her face like she did something. *****, I'm still working here and you're still buying here. You did nothing, but continue to act like you ate. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Working retail absolutely ruined all Christmas music for me.  Forever and ever.  

And usually, the customer is just completely wrong.  I don't know where the idea that the customer is "always right" originated, but it's a toxic attitude!

Thankfully we don't have the mindset here and not so many Karens. 

It's ridiculous and entertaining to see how some people behave, i'm not gonna lie. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block