NYT Liz Day: “There’s no indication criminal charges are being pursued against Team Con”

On 8/20/2022 at 2:27 AM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to law in this country, but I hope the statute of limitations don't come before Rosengart prosecutes them. I do understand he's going after Jamie now...but he has put so MANY delays and it seems he's getting away with it too. I'm scared they will be able to live their lives free as birds with zero consequences to the abuse they inflicted.

Wouldn’t the limitations expire in like 6 years time? I would have thought it would start when the conservatorship ended, not when she was bugged 

14 hours ago, Onyx1Boss said:

1. Yes but someone can file a police report or officially bring it to the DA's notice. There has to be a system for that (police report).  Or we just hope a DA notices???

2. Britney posted about Brittany Murphy's death investigation dragging on and on. 

There was a thread on here. (SO funny, thread deleted, or I can't find it). 

britney%20spears%20brittany%20murphy.jpg

Murphy’s husband Simon Monjack died five months later of similar causes

@Jordan Miller where is the Brittany Murphy Insta post thread? Can't find it. Could you link it?

Remember when Britney went to the police station the day before the June 23 testimony? They wouldn’t or couldn’t do anything for her. 

I think a lot of the cruelty Britney experienced during the conservatorship will be excused as part of a conservator’s duty.

52 minutes ago, easy said:

exactly. mccarley is the last person that needs to be questioning charges when her useless petition delayed the judges denial of lynne's fees. 

We don’t know if her filing was the caused of the delay, during last hearing the judge said she is not considering anything filed a week before prior the hearing.

I think that Lynne’s fees hearing were delayed by Mutual agreement between Rosengart and Lynne’s attorney, maybe Britney is possibly considering to pay Lynne’s fees.. at the end of the day $700K is a lot of money and Britney might not want to burn that bridge with her mom.

those are just my humble 2 cents though 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

We don’t know if her filing was the caused of the delay, during last hearing the judge said she is not considering anything filed a week before prior the hearing.

I think that Lynne’s fees hearing were delayed by Mutual agreement between Rosengart and Lynne’s attorney, maybe Britney is possibly considering to pay Lynne’s fees.. at the end of the day $700K is a lot of money and Britney might not want to burn that bridge with her mom.

those are just my humble 2 cents though 

the reason for the delay was literally stated they had to review newly received petitions, the only petition that was newly received at the time was lisa's.

18 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I think a lot of the cruelty Britney experienced during the conservatorship will be excused as part of a conservator’s duty.

Absolutely, TriStar and Jamie’s lawyers main card is that everything was approved by Britney’s court appointed attorney and the court itself.

Judge Penny is struggling on how to handle Rosengart’s well-made objections while also being complicit on agreeing with everything Team Con did since she took over the case. But yet she agreed because Sam Ingham never objected, I don’t see how Rosengart hasn’t come for Sam Igham unless he has some kind of immunity from the court.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Absolutely, TriStar and Jamie’s lawyers main card is that everything was approved by Britney’s court appointed attorney and the court itself.

Judge Penny is struggling on how to handle Rosengart’s well-made objections while also being complicit on agreeing with everything Team Con did since she took over the case. But yet she agreed because Sam Ingham never objected, I don’t see how Rosengart hasn’t come for Sam Igham unless he has some kind of immunity from the court.

Katrina Perrault mentioned something about Sam Ingham having immunity granted just before June 23 2021, which makes a ton of sense.

1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

I REALLY want to be wrong about this. But I don’t think anything will come of these particular items because there are simply no consequences written in the code to say what the team did was truly “illegal”, and there is so much room for interpretation (meaning lawyers arguing persuasively, implicit or explicit judge bias/motivation) allowing for conservators to get away with this kind of behavior. 

• No medical capacity document 
  • No consent: 10 minute hearing 
  • Lying about dementia
  • They drugged her

I believe the horrifying reality of Britney’s situation is that a huge team of lawyers, financial advisers, and other industry professionals exploited existing laws to get exactly what they wanted.

I feel exactly this. I also feel like there seems to be all these legal loopholes around so that people can get away with things. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Remember when Britney went to the police station the day before the June 23 testimony? They wouldn’t or couldn’t do anything for her. 

I don't think it will be excused like that. The excuse could be "it was unethical, or immoral, but not illegal." Like when politicians lie, it enrages people, but there's no charges usually.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mocha latto said:

I feel exactly this. I also feel like there seems to be all these legal loopholes around so that people can get away with things. 

6 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I grabbed this doc from the East Baton Rouge parish court clerk website earlier today. It's paperwork extending the conservatorship to Louisiana in 2019. Look at the power given to a temporary conservator.

From May 28, 2019. 

"The power to restrict and limit visitors by any means."

spacer.png

The same form is refiled after Jodi Montgomery became temp conservator of the person. Judge Penny's signature is on it.  

spacer.png

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Elri said:

I don't think it will be excused like that. The excuse could be "it was unethical, or immoral, but not illegal." Like when politicians lie, it enrages people, but there's no charges usually.

That's a much better way to explain what I was trying to convey.  Thanks.

:imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

On 8/19/2022 at 9:20 PM, Slayer said:

Well duh, they are doing the civil one right now and Rosengart has said repeatedly now it's up to Britney if she wants to press charges.

They obviously need to build up evidence before proceeding with a criminal case. The deposition was a step towards gathering further information to in the future get them caught up in their lies.

If you've been following the case you'd all know no criminal charges have been filed yet, so it's hardly a shocker.

This banon crap is boring.

I love logical and informed people. 

• Love 1

I often appreciate the lawyers' input on twitter and notedyourhonor in particular because they share all the filings, but...  I don't like it when they give their "opinions" like they know more about this case than Rosengart, a shark and a former federal prosecutor. It's sweet that they think their advice is needed but...ffs have some humility.

Plus, I also wonder about the DA not investigating the crimes comitted against Britney but I don't get why some people question Rosengart for not filing a civil suit, isn't that the client's decision?? They (she) must have their reasons.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block