What if Britney took the role of Drew Decker in ‘Scary Movie’ (2000) or Megan Voorhees in ‘Scary Movie 2’ (2001)?

The iconic role that Britney turned down.

spacer.png

It was the year 2000 and Britney was the hottest, most in-demand superstar. All of Hollywood wanted her but before Carmen Electra took the role to play Drew Decker in ‘Scary Movie’ (2000), it was first offered to Britney Spears. She continued to be offered roles in the series despite turning down the first movie, additionally saying no to the part of Megan Voorhees, the possessed young woman in the opening scene of ‘Scary Movie 2’ (2001), as was eventually played by Natasha Lyonne. Britney wasn’t the only one to reject the offer either, Christina Aguilera did too.

As someone who has always adored the ICONIC ‘Scary Movie’ franchise, what are your overall thoughts on this? Would you have loved to see Britney play in the opening act as the role of Drew Decker and/or Megan Voorhees?

For one, I personally think it would have been an earth-shattering collaboration and very unexpected of Britney to portray a role like that. If you’ve watched any of the movies, they also encapsulate a lot of what was going on in pop culture then. Nowadays, anytime I watch the first or second movie — I can’t help but think of Britney and how she would have killed it — particularly the role of Drew Decker. IMO a very missed opportunity and would have been a gain for both Britney and the franchise. One can only dream. :overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking: 

What are your thoughts on this omg @Rik @Blackout2006 @SlayOut @Midnight

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

As a fan from the beginning...this is first time ive EVEERheard of brit being involved with this franchise. Sounds like fanfic. Elektras charire wwouldt have worked with brit and neither would natashas sorry not really

It was confirmed back in 2020 during the 20th-year anniversary of the film’s franchise that she was both offered Carmen Electra and Natasha Lyonne’s roles. I wonder if other Britney fans were aware of this because I don’t recall ever seeing a thread about it on here. :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: I agree though, I think she would have done amazing playing the role of Drew. It would have been one of the most iconic scenes in cinematic history, let’s be real. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: But yeah, Megan’s role could have definitely gone to Xtina. :lolnoworries_britney_hat_its_okay_excited:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators

While I think Britney was beautiful at that time, Carmen was a better suited choice. She's a bombshell. She fits that role perfectly.

Britney's limited acting skills wouldn't of helped her portray this character in a way that comes off this highly vulgar and hilarious.

I think part two would of been better suited.

• Like 4

I wanna be there when you touch fire

8 minutes ago, Midnight said:

While I think Britney was beautiful at that time, Carmen was a better suited choice. She's a bombshell. She fits that role perfectly.

Britney's limited acting skills wouldn't of helped her portray this character in a way that comes off this highly vulgar and hilarious.

I think part two would of been better suited.

I do think Britney would have done just as good of a job. She had an ability to poke fun at herself and proved in SNL and on a few other TV stints that her comedic timing was excellent. Maybe she/her team turned down the role because it might have been slightly graphic for her and her audience around that time, who knows.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

I do think Britney would have done just as good of a job. She had an ability to poke fun at herself and proved in SNL and on a few other TV stints that her comedic timing was excellent. Maybe she/her team turned down the role because it might have been slightly graphic for her and her audience around that time, who knows.

Seeing as the movie poked fun at drew barrymores original charrie from the film and only did like 2 jokes for carmen, i just watched this on sunday with my mom, it really wouldnt have worked. Carmen is already a limited actress and brit is even more limited. Snl only worked because every skit was literally spoofing herself. No neither of those roles fit brit and im glad she turned them down

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, ChrisBritSlo said:

It'd definitely be a better choice than Longshot:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

But seriously, I think both roles were too raunchy for her image back then. Maybe in 2003 she should've accepted It

Remember when they had the Britney lookalike in Chucky? (2004) When I was young I actually thought it was her :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:spacer.png 

Imagine had it of actually been her? :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.