Britney: This is the day I realized my mom should have scared my dad in life

7 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don’t know. I’ve seen so many interviews where Britney brings Lynne along. She’s seems very supportive and acting as a devils advocate, one could argue that perceived camaraderie bolstered her career or image.  Like this one...

So I don’t think it’s fair to say Britney didn’t profit or benefit either. But then again, maybe Britney was hoping it would be genuine or it was forced onto her. So I can't entirely assume or speculate. 

Britney was a child. She thought her mom was spending time with her. She thought her mom cared about her. They used her from the moment she blew up. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don’t know. I’ve seen so many interviews where Britney brings Lynne along. She’s seems very supportive and acting as a devils advocate, one could argue that perceived camaraderie bolstered her career or image.  Like this one...

So I don’t think it’s fair to say Britney didn’t profit or benefit either. But then again, maybe Britney was hoping it would be genuine or it was forced onto her. So I can't entirely assume or speculate. 

Their relationship didn’t bolster Britney’s career. No one gave a fxxx about Lynne then or now. She probably just forced herself into these interviews or blew Larry to get some media attention 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Pran said:

I hope her book is like full of colors, flowers, some drawings and more like poems more like that book Lana Del Rey released or something, I think it would be tacky as like autobiography, it would be way more pleasant and cute even if it has some sad or dark pages but more like ART instead of a straight auto biography book 

It’s supposed to be a tell all memoir. If she has signed a book deal, it would need to reflect whatever was in the book proposal… sorry but a tell all probably isn’t going to contain art.

5 hours ago, ThatWasFun said:

Britney was a child. She thought her mom was spending time with her. She thought her mom cared about her. They used her from the moment she blew up. 

I can see that but I'm also saying it could be perceived and skewed either way. There is no denying that regardless, some parents just want to ensure their children's success ... just on the basis that they want to support them so they thrive and fulfill their passion (and not fall flat on their face). Britney makes it seem here that she's always known that her mother has had an ulterior motive but in light with what she's been through, its very easy to generalize too. I'm just trying to be objective. 

6 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I can see that but I'm also saying it could be perceived and skewed either way. There is no denying that regardless, some parents just want to ensure their children's success ... just on the basis that they want to support them so they thrive and fulfill their passion (and not fall flat on their face). Britney makes it seem here that she's always known that her mother has had an ulterior motive but in light with what she's been through, its very easy to generalize too. I'm just trying to be objective. 

No. I will fight you till the death.

There is no perceiving from a child. Their thoughts are still forming based on the trust they've developed with their parents. If Britney believed her mom was along for the ride of her fame from a genuine place... I would be looking all happy and want to have my momma by my side too. She was a small town girl.

And as far as this: "Britney makes it seem here that she's always known that her mother has had an ulterior motive but in light with what she's been through, its very easy to generalize too. I'm just trying to be objective.", you're not being objective. A 40 year old woman is reflecting on how her own flesh and blood damaged her. ...I think that is very different than a teenager doing an interview with her mom.

• Love 1

Maybe Lynn could get a pass for a year or two of the conservatorship. Maybe. From someone else, not me, because from the moment she thought of it as "a dream come true" or however she put it in her memoir, she was a lost soul. Plus, she got back together with Jamie in that period.

But 12 years? Like, it took Britney being sent off to rehab and medicated against her will for the penny to drop for Lynn? And even then you have to wonder about her motives. She wasn't even a good enough mother. All she had to do was imagine what it was like for Britney, for five minutes. She enabled Jamie. Some mothers are like that. They watch their children get abused and turn their backs. There's nothing magical about motherhood. You have to stay conscious, just like everything else in life.

As far as her "supporting" Britney, Lynn liked the camera. That's what that was about.

• Love 5
On 3/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, ThisMeowBiteback said:

I can’t believe a lot y’all don’t get it, where have y’all been? 

Throughout this conservatorship her dad has been in charge & it seem like Lynne never had the back bone to step in! H.e.L.L even before it started Lynne should have took charge knowing she’s the parent that had really been in Britney life, but she didn’t do anything she stayed passive & look where that got her 

According to Ronan Farow's report, Brit preferred that Jamie be the conservator and not her mother, when she knew she couldn't do anything anymore, that says a lot.

12 hours ago, IzABeesMama said:

I remember reading something that said Brit wanted anyone but Jamie to be the conservator.

Adam Streisand (the first lawyer Britney hired to represent her for the conservatorship hearing) says that Britney was "resigned" that the conservatorship was going to happen, but was clear she didn't want her father to have anything to do with it. That's what he says he got from his conversation with her.

But what I think is, what kind of lawyering was he doing, to go forward saying, she's basically "resigned" to it. He's an unreliable narrator, while claiming to have been her advocate. Some advocate.

• Like 1
On 3/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, Psammead said:

Adam Streisand (the first lawyer Britney hired to represent her for the conservatorship hearing) says that Britney was "resigned" that the conservatorship was going to happen, but was clear she didn't want her father to have anything to do with it. That's what he says he got from his conversation with her.

But what I think is, what kind of lawyering was he doing, to go forward saying, she's basically "resigned" to it. He's an unreliable narrator, while claiming to have been her advocate. Some advocate.

I took that to mean she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it from happening.

1 hour ago, IzABeesMama said:

I took that to mean she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it from happening.

Because why? It's more than likely that he was giving her that advice. He is pretty mired in the probate courts himself, from what I can see. What kind of lawyer goes to the media 13 years after the fact, and says that before anything happened, she knew it was inevitable? Was she giving him legal advice? My goodness. He has a lot to answer for, as a legal advocate. He folded like a house of cards, from all appearances. To see him giving media interviews about her situation, like he wasn't conceivably part of the problem in the first place...I can't even.

1 hour ago, Psammead said:

Because why? It's more than likely that he was giving her that advice. He is pretty mired in the probate courts himself, from what I can see. What kind of lawyer goes to the media 13 years after the fact, and says that before anything happened, she knew it was inevitable? Was she giving him legal advice? My goodness. He has a lot to answer for, as a legal advocate. He folded like a house of cards, from all appearances. To see him giving media interviews about her situation, like he wasn't conceivably part of the problem in the first place...I can't even.

I’ve no idea 

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, IzABeesMama said:

That was Adam Streisand's opinion, though, and he bailed. So it's pretty convenient for him that his take is that Britney "knew" it was inevitable.

Britney wanted anyone but Jamie to be conservator. Lynn wanted Jamie to do it, because she knew it was going to destroy Britney's relationship with the parent who did that, and she was, as usual, thinking about her own interests. That was in Ronan Farrow's article.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.