Britney's January 19 court hearing cancelled!

Cap87

1 minute ago, Jaime Jean said:

So her actions until the conservatorship is officially ends don’t matter? JSyk I’m actually asking because I don’t know if they can go back on this or not? 

Technically they can go back on it if the judge has not signed off on it yet but Penny couldn’t do that ethically her career would be over and she would literally become a target of media scrutiny including the fans 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

So her actions until the conservatorship is officially ends don’t matter? JSyk I’m actually asking because I don’t know if they can go back on this or not? 

As far as I know the conservatorship is over, but they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's. They need to fully get the conservatorship out of all her trusts and finances as well as deal with all of the leeches who want their legal fees paid by Britney's estate (Robin Greenhill, Lou/Tri-Star, Jamie Spears, Lynne Spears). 

I will wait to hear from Rosengart on the full details. But Britney said herself on IG that she can take out her own money, so she has the control. I share the anxieties of others as Jamie could be delaying this behind the scenes and trying to clutch onto any involvement in her finances (trusts and career management) that he can. 

News publications have reported that the delay is due to TriStar and Jamie failing to comply with subpoenas and testify in a deposition. 

I could be wrong, I am not a lawyer, but neither is anyone else here. From what I can tell from reputable sources, this is just Robin/Lou/TriStar and Jamie trying to slither away from accountability. 

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

Technically they can go back on it if the judge has not signed off on it yet but Penny couldn’t do that ethically her career would be over and she would literally become a target of media scrutiny including the fans 

I'm with you on this, we're still waiting for Penny's letters or whatever that paper with her signature is called. I'll be happy to see that.

My point is: things take time. Court proceedings, usually take even more time. That doesn't mean her lawyer is cheating her into keeping her in the conservatorship. Let's be vigilant, but not get too carried away with worry.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

I'm with you on this, we're still waiting for Penny's letters or whatever that paper with her signature is called. I'll be happy to see that.

My point is: things take time. Court proceedings, usually take even more time. That doesn't mean her lawyer is cheating her into keeping her in the conservatorship. Let's be vigilant, but not get too carried away with worry.

I just wish he did not specifically say both were terminated effective immediately because it’s misleading when she is literally still in a conservatorship 2 months later and everything since the November date has been shady and unclear 

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

Did you even read the court documents? They have Britney listed as “conservatee” and Jodi as “conservator of the person” nothing regarding conservator of the estate because that one was actually terminated (temp conservator of estate zabel for transition period to join trusts like we knew but terminated nonetheless) meaning the conservatorship of the person is still existing 

Isn't that only because, as you said, Penny still has to sing the papers? That doesn't mean she (Jodi) has still power to decide on Britney's life matters or manage her daily life, as far as I understood there's a ruling on that already and what goes, efective immediately as soon as she ruled on nov12, is that the conservatorship of the person is terminated and the conservator of the estate has very little power, limited to closing the existing trusts and setting up a new one, that's it.

Of course, I guess until the papers are officially signed by Penny, those filings that have to do with conservatorship matters will still list Britney as "conservatee" and Jodi as "conservator"? That's what I understood, and it makes perfect sense to me... but I could be wrong! 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

Exactly why is it her only form of communication so far has been ig captions and don’t tell me it’s because that’s what’s Britney wants…I’m a say it and idgaf who gets hurt by it. BRITNEY NEEDS GUIDANCE! In certain contexts she shouldn’t just do what she wants, why is she not being guided on how to properly use Instagram and why is that her only form of communication but her boyfriend speaks to tmz every other day..:make it make sense, it doesn’t make any sense because Britney is being misguided here and isn’t truly free. She’s been convinced she’s free they let her do what she wants but still under a microscope! 

Britney could be so occupied with her new found “freedom” that maybe she hasn’t realized the truth of the situation yet, or either she hasn’t been told I mean we weren’t told either…

7 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Isn't that only because, as you said, Penny still has to sing the papers? That doesn't mean she (Jodi) has still power to decide on Britney's life matters or manage her daily life, as far as I understood there's a ruling on that already and what goes, efective immediately as soon as she ruled on nov12, is that the conservatorship of the person is terminated and the conservator of the estate has very little power, limited to closing the existing trusts and setting up a new one, that's it.

Of course, I guess until the papers are officially signed by Penny, those filings that have to do with conservatorship matters will still list Britney as "conservatee" and Jodi as "conservator"? That's what I understood, and it makes perfect sense to me... but I could be wrong! 

The thing is we the conservatorship of the estate doesn’t need to exist to tie up those loose ends according to other lawyers and rosengart could filed a motion forcing those depositions months ago 

so what’s going on??!!!!

2 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

I just wish he did not specifically say both were terminated effective immediately because it’s misleading when she is literally still in a conservatorship 2 months later and everything since the November date has been shady and unclear 

I think the difference between your take and mine is I tend to not get carried away with worry...

I don't think she is "literally still in a conservatorship", because her situation has already improved massively and the only thing missing is a technicality (and yes, let's absolutely keep an eye on that!). Also I don't think Rosengart would say "effective immediately" unless Penny had said so herself when she ruled...

• Like 3
Just now, 3IsACharm33 said:

The thing is we the conservatorship of the estate doesn’t need to exist to tie up those loose ends according to other lawyers and rosengart could filed a motion forcing those depositions months ago 

so what’s going on??!!!!

The longer they try to avoid being deposed, the better for Rosengart to accuse them of trying to hide something. Rosengart wins either way, and I guess he's up to his eyebrows in documents so he can wait a while longer. This is gonna take years to be resolved, he's playing the long game.

On the other hand, I'm so so so grateful for all the lawyers who follow this case and educate us normal people but... call me crazy, I'd rather trust this guy who has a kick *** legal team, so I guess there's a reason for what he did. Plus, he only asked for Zabel to be allowed to make a couple very specific moves, none of which (I believe) stop Britney from managing her own money?

So, I say: let's be cool for a second

11 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

he said that because that's what the judge ruled. let's keep an eye on this but let's not get carried away, that's all :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Love 2

I think jodi is there to help her adjust to life as an adult now. Britney's free, but she needs help. Imagine a dog being chained up for 13 years and automatically set loose, they'd go buck wild and wouldn't know who to trust of what to do. Britney has been isolated and abused for 13 years so the reigns of confinement are slowly being adjusted so she can learn to care for herself, physically, mentally and financially.

• Like 3

Her only communication with us is questionable instagram, shes only seen with sam. All of us expected a change to see/hear a smither of the britney we love. Nothing changed whatsoever besides her dragging the family. NOTHING changed in my opinion, same old game different players maybe.

• Love 4

Kim K posts nude pictures in front of the mirror and no one bats an eye. Britney does the same in a less flattering light and gets torn apart by her fans and her sanity is questiones. Unbelievable. Are you all right in the head? some of you are a bunch of prudes. If you really think a judge is going to deny her freedom just because she shows her bare body Go find some counseling!

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, DJBringItBack said:

Are you sure that's right? They haven't signed the declaration yet because Jamie's lawyers drafted it and they included all kinds of irregular stuff that the judge didn't say and that Britney found unpalatable. So I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know, and I don't live in California, so I have no idea. But since the judge makes her oral declaration, and then asks one of the side's lawyers to draft it up, it does seem to create the possibility that they can hold it up indefinitely, just trying to put words in her mouth. Which makes the judge kind of pointless.

What I wonder, is why doesn't she write up the damn decision herself. I've never run across this before.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.