The Hook Up Appreciation Thread

Okay hear me out. Out of all of the songs on ITZ, I feel like the hook up would’ve been a really really good contender to be released as a single, even more than breathe on me! (i like bom but i personally think the hook up is more radio friendly) :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: It’s catchy, fun, it’s different from anything Britney ever did; just imagine if we got the hook up as the fourth single instead of outrageous, with a proper video hopefully, and unlike outragoues, britney actually likes the song! she said in an interview at the time that it’s one of her favorites on the album. they could’ve even released a remixed version of THU with sean paul, it would’ve been huge. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: what do guys think?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I think that you guys are overreacting and that this song was such a mess. Don't attack me but Rockstar, Strangest Love, Guilty, Pleasure You all deserved it's spot. I've Just Begun was a masterpiece and it was put on a bonus disc lol. And to think that Shadow and Boom Boom deserved the spot on the standard edition. 💀💀💀

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lonely2001 said:

I think that you guys are overreacting and that this song was such a mess. Don't attack me but Rockstar, Strangest Love, Guilty, Pleasure You all deserved it's spot. I've Just Begun was a masterpiece and it was put on a bonus disc lol. And to think that Shadow and Boom Boom deserved the spot on the standard edition. 💀💀💀

So true!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952e9479e1a4c072d2e1

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Amen! :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Nickey said:

So true!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952e9479e1a4c072d2e1

37 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Amen! :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

Finally people that agree, I saw a thread the other day and everyone was saying it's one of their favourite songs. (The same happened with Boom Boom). Like people have different opinions but THAT much lol.

PS. Stream BOMT: The Rarities

[Not me promoting myself lol]

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

I agree with you!!!

The Hook Up is one of those songs I can feel in my bones. 

Yanno, I see people diss Blackout (my fave) all of the time for sake of praising In The Zone...now they wanna **** on one of the most versatile/experimental songs on the album? :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Well if you are commenting on what I have said then I have to say this: Blackout is a good album, overall better than ITZ. ITZ had so much potential tho. Some mehh songs made the cut. Why would everyone choose the repetitive and boring Shadow over Strangest Love? Or Boom Boom / The Hook Up over Rockstar/Guilty? Why would anyone choose The Answer over Pleasure You? ITZ has masterpieces that are Toxic, Everytime, Breathe On Me and Touch Of My Hand. On the other hand, I would just replace Why Should I Be Sad with Hooked On from Blackout and myb Toy Soldier with Dramatic but that's it. Ya know, counting unreleased songs, bsides and era overall ITZ is better, but the final product of Blackout is definitelly better than ITZ. :)

50 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Finally people that agree, I saw a thread the other day and everyone was saying it's one of their favourite songs. (The same happened with Boom Boom). Like people have different opinions but THAT much lol.

PS. Stream BOMT: The Rarities

[Not me promoting myself lol]

Did you made the album design? Its stunning!:imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block