27 years ago today, ‘Friends’ premiered on NBC.

Waiting for all those who think are so cool for not liking FRIENDS :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

Yeah, some of it might be problematic today, but its iconic status cannot be denied. 

It is only two years younger than me, so I didn’t watch it during its run. Instead, I finished the 10 seasons during July 2013 :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Prachi said:

People hate this show? It's very loved in my country.

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:There is vocal minority calling the show problematic and I've seen even some people wanting to censor/remove episodes. I mean it does have same problems as every other tv-show until like 2005; "fragile masculinity" (as in borderline homophobic jokes), lack of diversity (virtually everyone are white), almost predatory flirting (joey), fat shaming (young monica) etc etc. While I personally do find some of the jokes very dated and some of them really unfunny or offensive, I always try to remember that this show was made from a different time and it reflects different values than that we celebrate nowadays. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:There is vocal minority calling the show problematic and I've seen even some people wanting to censor/remove episodes. I mean it does have same problems as every other tv-show until like 2005; "fragile masculinity" (as in borderline homophobic jokes), lack of diversity (virtually everyone are white), almost predatory flirting (joey), fat shaming (young monica) etc etc. While I personally do find some of the jokes very dated and some of them really unfunny or offensive, but I do always try to remember that this show was made from a different time and it reflects different values than that we celebrate nowadays. 

well, I actually never thought of it like that Bollywood (India) has done these kinda things in movies and shows since the day I started watching television Friends is actually modern lol. 

• 2 weeks later...