Kacey Musgraves releases “star-crossed”, wigs go missing

SlayOut

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, blackoutinthezone said:

Love the album so much. Kacey's vocals are like honey and the production is so airy and delicate.

My red vinyl from HMV was delivered this morning and the exclusive poster has a big crease in the corner  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:  Contacted them but they won't replace it, ugh.

Ugh I don’t have a record player so I didn’t get the vinyl set, but I love all the merch in it.

I got the CD set because it was the cheapest but now I’m realizing I shouldn’t have been a budget bich because I don’t have a CD player. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Maybe I should get the vinyl set… or maybe the cassette one now… :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Shadow. said:

simple times is definitely the best one so far, but I genuinely thought based on the title hookup scene was going to be some sort of single life anthem :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

I thought it was going to be a little grungier but I’m pleasantly surprised at the twist hahaha :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: And by pleasantly surprised I mean I’m sobbing at how relatable the song is! :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

I kinda like it, it sounds very goood! 

Yes, stream good wife, simple times, breadwinner, easier said, justified… literally the whole album! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

7 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

But I hate the cover!:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Just turn your phone off while streaming and deal with it! :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Ugh I don’t have a record player so I didn’t get the vinyl set, but I love all the merch in it.

I got the CD set because it was the cheapest but now I’m realizing I shouldn’t have been a budget bich because I don’t have a CD player. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Maybe I should get the vinyl set… or maybe the cassette one now… :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The vinyl is definitely worth it, imo, even if you don't have a player. You might get one in the future and it's beautifully designed. There are colour variants for the vinyl itself (red, lavender, orange, to list a few). I initially disliked the heart cover but I kind of love it now after seeing the vinyl design - it opens with the heart splitting to reveal Kacey's face:

https://i.imgur.com/VevK3Bh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YUApHAu.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, blackoutinthezone said:

Look at me I'm living alone

And now you're only living in my phone

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 

Miss Kacey showing no mercy by pairing Camera Roll, Easier Said, and Hookup Scene  :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

I was ready to dig my own grave but thankfully the flute solo in There is a Light brought me back to life

oUB7D8H.gif

MCcd296.gif

Yes she is quite cruel for ripping my heart out in that run. But I deserve it. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:
There is a Light gives me life! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Like what an unexpected bop! I live for the flute solo! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Ok, girlies, it's been months, and I still haven't listened to it. What's the consensus? Should I listen to Golden Hour before Star-Crossed? Most critics (and even fans) seem to disregard this album as mediocre. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

Definitely listen to Golden Hour first!

Star-Crossed was my most listened to album last year, but definitely isn’t on the same level of Golden Hour. I think it was maybe hyped up and didn’t deliver as some thought; even though, in my opinion, it’s still a good album.

If you start listening to star crossed (after Golden Hour) and you stop for whatever reason, at least make sure you give good wife, simple times, justified, breadwinner, camera roll, easier said, hookup scene, keep lookin up, and there is a light a listen.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2021 at 2:33 AM, Shadow. said:

popheads seem to hate the album cover but I love it! I'm not too crazy about the 2 songs I've heard so far but I'm still excited to hear what she will bring after golden hour :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I completely agree with you; the first 2 songs I was like "..." but there's a few gems on here. What are your favorites now that we're in 2022?!

Ok, girlies, it's been months, and I still haven't listened to it. What's the consensus? Should I listen to Golden Hour before Star-Crossed? Most critics (and even fans) seem to disregard this album as mediocre. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

Golden Hour is truly something magical, and I don't even like country music (for no reason other than the lyrics are just so cringey; the music itself is usually great). So I was P.U.M.P.E.D. when she announced the follow-up. I would read all her interviews and was so excited and then it came out and I was like.... huh.... lol 

I give it a 6.5/10, but there's a few bops that I love on there. As a cohesive body of work it pales in comparison to GH though Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, If I'm Dancing said:

Golden Hour is truly something magical, and I don't even like country music (for no reason other than the lyrics are just so cringey; the music itself is usually great). So I was P.U.M.P.E.D. when she announced the follow-up. I would read all her interviews and was so excited and then it came out and I was like.... huh.... lol 

I give it a 6.5/10, but there's a few bops that I love on there. As a cohesive body of work it pales in comparison to GH though

K, Golden Hour it is then. Giving ha my streams tonight. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
28 minutes ago, If I'm Dancing said:

I give it a 6.5/10, but there's a few bops that I love on there. As a cohesive body of work it pales in comparison to GH though Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

What were your faves from star crossed? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Damn, it's hella good. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: I don't know why I'm acting surprised, though - everyone's been raving about Golden Hour for years. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Wish I'd taken notes while listening, but some of the highlights include Butterflies, Love Is a Wild Thing, Happy & Sad, Velvet Elvis, Wonder Woman, and High Horse. The entire thing was good, but these ones stuck out on first listen. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Also, the production is so classy and crisp. It's such a feel-good record, and her gorgeous voice only adds to said atmosphere. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: And I did not expect the retro-tinged bops. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Damn, it's hella good. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: I don't know why I'm acting surprised, though - everyone's been raving about Golden Hour for years. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Wish I'd taken notes while listening, but some of the highlights include Butterflies, Love Is a Wild Thing, Happy & Sad, Velvet Elvis, Wonder Woman, and High Horse. The entire thing was good, but these ones stuck out on first listen. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Also, the production is so classy and crisp. It's such a feel-good record, and her gorgeous voice only adds to said atmosphere. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: And I did not expect the retro-tinged bops. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

right?! So glad you checked it out! The music, especially on Wonder Woman and High Horse, is 200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7ck6fk87ir7t30s1r4lwn

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, If I'm Dancing said:

My absolute favorite on there is "If this was a movie," and the other favs are: there is a light, breadwinner, cherry blossom and good wife. What about you?!

My highlights are good wife, simple times, justified, breadwinner, camera roll, easier said, hookup scene, keep lookin up, and there is a light! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Ugh so glad you liked it! Every song on Golden Hour is top tier, but the fact that Happy & Sad stood out to you on the first listen demonstrates you have taste! Lonely Weekend and Oh, What a Word are my top faves as well… but then again, I think the album has no skips! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.