The top artists with the most UK top tens

With Ed Sheeran racking up his 29th UK top ten hit, OCC looks back at the artists with the Most top ten hits..

Top Male is the King of Rock N Roll and the best selling solo male artist of all time, The late Elvis Presley with over 70 uk top ten hits, compared to His 36 us Top ten hits that number is impressive..

Top female is none other than The queen of pop and the world's best selling female herself with 63 UK top tens, no other female racked up an impressive record like Madonna did with 40 consecutive top tens beginning back in 1984 to 1994..

Compared to her 38 US top tens, it would be extremely difficult to take Madonna's UK record from her..

Michael Jackson has 44 UK top tens.

The top 5 respectively are

#1 Elvis Presley (Top male, Top artist overall)

#2 Cliff Richard 

#3 Madonna (Top female)

#4 Michael Jackson 

#5 Kylie Minogue 

52 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Kylie is so huge in UK, such a shame she's not global I love her. 

Rufus Wainwright explained Kylie minogue so perfectly

He went to the confessions tour in London, he said Madonna's show was so dark and very cold, and not warm and pleasant, she never thanked the audience or talked to them, it's like the way the show was timed and everything built like clockwork, it was as if she did it on purpose so she would never have time to communicate with her fans..

@Slayer

He said this. If pop music is a ying yang then Madonna is the dark, and Kylie is the light and both are needed to bring out the best qualities in terms of Music and live entertainment.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

She is literally treated like a national treasure here in the UK, everyone loves Kylie :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I wonder why she didn't become global, In India she did a small role here in a movie called 'Blue' so some people here know her the only problem is that that movie flopped :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I feel, she never wanted global success like Madonna or Britney - I truly love her! 

3 hours ago, Prachi said:

I wonder why she didn't become global, In India she did a small role here in a movie called 'Blue' so some people here know her the only problem is that that movie flopped :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

I feel, she never wanted global success like Madonna or Britney - I truly love her! 

She could have had her big downfall is PWL ( @Slayer) knows what I'm talking about.  She was signed to a big independent label in the UK who had to like sign their acts to what seems to 50 to 60 different record labels, kylie was safe in Australia as she was signed To Michael guidinski's Mushroom label)..

She had a great start with signing to a major label with Deconstruction who signed her to the American label Imago part of the BMG family (now Sony Music, not to be confused with Her current label with the same name as well, which coincidentally was launched two weeks after Sony bought the BMG shares), it all got better for Kylie when she signed to EMI and Parlophone, she's a cult status, stream her live in New York album, a hybrid of Showgirl tour plus Kylie X 2008, you can feel the love for her despite a room of close to 2,000 fans standing room only, she said it best it was like a football crowd, but more glitter and dazzling cos it's new york..

It's really expensive for Kylie to tour here as she stated she spent 3 Million dollars of her own money to put the Micro tour together but it paid off, Kylie made 9,000,000 in the tickets, so it came back triple the budget she spent herself.  

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block