The Article that said Britney was retiring confused me

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody knows, it depends on the contracts she signed. If she really wants to retire, but has two albums left, she can release unreleased stuff and call it a day.

It's clear that she wants a more normal life, she has wanted to quit since about 2004. 

Spoiler

If she needs two more albums but doesn't wanna do them, just have Myah sing a few tunes and be done with it:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

8 minutes ago, FeedTheStans said:

Nobody knows, it depends on the contracts she signed. If she really wants to retire, but has two albums left, she can release unreleased stuff and call it a day.

It's clear that she wants a more normal life, she has wanted to quit since about 2004. 

Hide contents

If she needs two more albums but doesn't wanna do them, just have Myah sing a few tunes and be done with it:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Legally, she doesn't have the capacity to enter into contracts. I'm not an expert in probate law, but I do plenty of work that involves breach of contract and it would be pretty easy for Britney to get out of it. 

I don't really know how it works with a conservator, but maybe Britney could invalidate the contract based on fraud in the inducement, meaning if Britney signed the contract based on fraudulent misrepresentations, the contract wouldn't apply. If Britney's lawyer could show that someone threatened her into signing a document that she otherwise would not sign, she should not be bound by it. 

Archived